[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Just now, Dazog said:

Ok, not complaining :)

I doubt many people are using expensive Turing cards for this yet :)

I know, I didn't think you were complaining.  Your post surprised me as I hadn't realised the drivers were updated.

To put it in perspective using 24 cores of my Xeon processor and 32GB of RAM, these builds take nearly an hour to produce....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Yes I know.  I thought that new big feature also would drive the update release.  (like supporting a whole new Nvidia family - Turing).   I don't need it myself, so I don't really care :)

If we had a barrage of users coming along with shiny new cards, I might feel differently, but otherwise it's purely theoretical.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking for some assistance from people smarter than me as I have reached the end of my troubleshooting and googling ability to get this working. When I install the NVIDIA unRAID build, disks connected to my PCIe SATA controller are not recognized by unRAID. This can be replicated even with no GPU installed, so the GPU isn’t the problem. If I revert back to vanilla unRAID, the disks come back. Even with a GPU installed, booting under vanilla, all drives come up. BIOS settings look good as far as I can tell and I've gone as far as to backup and nuke my USB to start from scratch. Same result. Anyone else seeing this or have some suggestions as to what I can try next?

3 minutes ago, JasonM said:

I'm looking for some assistance from people smarter than me as I have reached the end of my troubleshooting and googling ability to get this working. When I install the NVIDIA unRAID build, disks connected to my PCIe SATA controller are not recognized by unRAID. This can be replicated even with no GPU installed, so the GPU isn’t the problem. If I revert back to vanilla unRAID, the disks come back. Even with a GPU installed, booting under vanilla, all drives come up. BIOS settings look good as far as I can tell and I've gone as far as to backup and nuke my USB to start from scratch. Same result. Anyone else seeing this or have some suggestions as to what I can try next?

I can't think of any reason why that should be the case.  But what PCIe SATA controller are you using for starters?  Only reason I can think of is if it's an out of tree driver that we've missed and haven't compiled in.

Edited by CHBMB
2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I can't think of any reason why that should be the case.  But what PCIe SATA controller are you using for starters?  Only reason I can think of is if it's an out of tree driver that we've missed and haven't compiled in.

I'm using a High Point Rocket 750. It's the one that comes in the 45Drives Storinator chassis.

Just now, Pducharme said:

Wow do you have a storinator from 45drives??

Kind of. I snagged an old chassis off of eBay. It had the case, power supply, and old board, RAM, Celeron, a 10G Ethernet card, and 2x Rocket 750s. I moved my unRAID hardware into the case and ran it for a few months, but it was just too big and too loud for my home office environment. So I pulled one of the 750s and stuck it in my existing machine. I have 15 drives crammed into the Fractal case and then a converter that takes two of the SFF connectors on the 750 and makes them external. I can run those to a JBOD disk chassis vis SFF or eSATA. I might move back into the 45Drives case down the road when I have a better place to put it.

I'm using a High Point Rocket 750. It's the one that comes in the 45Drives Storinator chassis.
Hmmm, I though the Rocket drivers were no longer required. Let me speak to LT after reviewing the RC release notes, maybe I missed something about OOT drivers.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Hmmm, I though the Rocket drivers were no longer required. Let me speak to LT after reviewing the RC release notes, maybe I missed something about OOT drivers.

Thanks. I’ll sit tight and monitor the thread. FWIW, I’m on 6.6.6, not the RC. Maybe that’s my problem?

Any idea why this is happening? image.png.877f6eb48f6311bdc834a417267f1cff.png

This is only 1 stream transcoding and it is pegging my i5-8400

I turned off HW transcoding and now the same stream is running about 10% total cpu utilization with software transcoding.

Edited by Iceman
Any idea why this is happening? image.png.877f6eb48f6311bdc834a417267f1cff.png

This is only 1 stream transcoding and it is pegging my i5-8400

I turned off HW transcoding and now the same stream is running about 10% total cpu utilization with software transcoding.

What Nvidia card are you using?

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I'll check, it's been a while since I compiled V6.6.6, fwiw the RC builds should work.

Thanks again. This gave me a few things to try, but unfortunately, still no dice. The issues are clearly with the Rocket 750 drivers and exist in vanilla unRAID, so I may need to move this to a more appropriate forum. For the sake of discussion, here's where I am:

I nuked the USB again and installed RC3 with the USB Creator. It hung for a very long time while booting, so I dusted off a display, keyboard and mouse to see what was going on. The messages it hags on are all related to the 750. Once boot completes, it also take forever for emhttp to start. Between the two hangups, we're talking 5+ minutes to boot. The drives attached to the 750 did not show up. I upgraded in the unRAID web UI from RC3 to RC4 with the same result.

I nuked the USB again, installed 6.6.6 via the USB Creator, booted normally with all drives recognized. Upgraded directly to RC4 from the web UI, and got the same result as above.

None of these were the NVIDIA builds, and none of them had any config files carried over. They were all clean. So it seems the 750 is just not going to cooperate with 6.7 at the moment.

I'm open to any suggestions y'all may have. If 6.7 goes GM and breaks 750 support, I'm going to be SOL.

Edited by JasonM
  • trurl locked this topic