[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

4 hours ago, DrAg0n141 said:

Hi, i am installed the Patches Nvidia Unraid Build. All is fine in watch nvidia-smi it shows a process. But my CPU usage is very high. I am using a GTX 1050ti. Someone knows my problem? I am need to use the Patch?

Thanks for the help.

Did you create the DECoding patch too?  if you just enable hw transcode, the CPU is still decoding.  With the "workaround patch", it also hw decode instead of CPU decode.  There is some drawback to the workaround, but i find it very good for now.

5 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Yes, inside the script "Plex Transcoder", change it to :

#!/bin/sh 

exec /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "$@"

Confirmed! I just tested it. Works perfectly! Thank you very much - just wondering why this didn't popup yet... anyway thanks for the quick response and solution!

best regards

Just now, sturmstar said:

Confirmed! I just tested it. Works perfectly! Thank you very much - just wondering why this didn't popup yet... anyway thanks for the quick response and solution!

best regards

You welcome.  Looks like i'll have to update my script to add the "exec" too.  Thanks for testing it.

1 minute ago, sturmstar said:

best regards

Awesome and thanks for testing! This is killer. I’m picking up a 1660 ti today to see if I can fix my poor decode quality and with this, now I’m super excited. 

1 minute ago, depreciated_ said:

Awesome and thanks for testing! This is killer. I’m picking up a 1660 ti today to see if I can fix my poor decode quality and with this, now I’m super excited. 

Be aware that the 1660Ti requires driver 419.17+, and the Unraid Plugin is at 410.78, and the Slackware source is at 418.x ,so you'll have to wait for :

1. Slackware to update to 419.17+

2. LS.io to update the Unraid NVIDIA to have that version.

2 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Be aware that the 1660Ti requires driver 419.17+, and the Unraid Plugin is at 410.78, and the Slackware source is at 418.x ,so you'll have to wait for :

1. Slackware to update to 419.17+

2. LS.io to update the Unraid NVIDIA to have that version.

Yeah I’m patiently waiting.  The return period on my 1050 ti is up today so it’s going back.  Just getting prepped at this point.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, sturmstar said:

best regards

Updated the user script on the previous page to add "exec" to the file that's created.  Thanks for looking into this.

On my 1050ti I've been getting high CPU usage on occasion too.

• Like 1

@Pducharme
What would the whole script look like? I don't really know where to add that extra line to fix the parsing of decoding.
I appreciate the help!

#!/bin/sh 

con="plex"

echo ""
echo "<font color='red'><b>Applying hardware decode patch...</b></font>"
echo "<hr>"

docker exec -i $con mv "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder" "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder2"docker exec -i $con /bin/sh -c 'printf"#!/bin/sh\n/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "\""\$@"\""" > "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder";'
docker exec -i $con chmod +x "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder"
docker exec -i $con chmod +x "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "$@""
docker restart $con

echo ""
echo "<font color='red'><b>Done!</b></font>"

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MowMdown said:

The 1050 ti is more than capable of doing pretty much anything (encoding and decoding) why swap it out?

I've been doing a lot of testing with the 1050ti and rtx 2080's in the past few days.  In regards to decoding on linux, the video quality on 4k content is very poor with pascal.  The new turing architecture uses much better decoder on the chip and for another 80 bucks, its worth it for me to upgrade to an 1660.  Also more vram :)

https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/design-visualization/technologies/turing-architecture/NVIDIA-Turing-Architecture-Whitepaper.pdf

3 minutes ago, blinside995 said:

@Pducharme
What would the whole script look like? I don't really know where to add that extra line to fix the parsing of decoding.
I appreciate the help!

#!/bin/sh 

con="plex"

echo ""
echo "<font color='red'><b>Applying hardware decode patch...</b></font>"
echo "<hr>"

docker exec -i $con mv "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder" "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder2"docker exec -i $con /bin/sh -c 'printf"#!/bin/sh\n/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "\""\$@"\""" > "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder";'
docker exec -i $con chmod +x "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder"
docker exec -i $con chmod +x "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "$@""
docker restart $con

echo ""
echo "<font color='red'><b>Done!</b></font>"

Just there (in first Line starting with docker exec) :

"#!/bin/sh\nexec /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/

Edited by Pducharme
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, blinside995 said:

I appreciate the help!

Go back to the previous page where you got this script from and recreate it using that - it's been updated with the exec command in place.  Also note in the one you've just quoted there is a line break missing, so two commands are on a single line (in other words, replace it with the new version).

4 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Go back to the previous page where you got this script from and recreate it using that - it's been updated with the exec command in place.  Also note in the one you've just quoted there is a line break missing, so two commands are on a single line (in other words, replace it with the new version).

Done an done. Thank you so much for making the script seems to work great.
I'm clueless with scripting. 

5 minutes ago, blinside995 said:

Done an done. Thank you so much for making the script seems to work great.
I'm clueless with scripting. 

Not a problem.  I'm not far ahead of you.

I'm sure there's a more efficient way of scripting it, since I'm just literally converting each step of the manual process into a docker command.

12 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Not a problem.  I'm not far ahead of you.

I'm sure there's a more efficient way of scripting it, since I'm just literally converting each step of the manual process into a docker command.

I'm sure if someone has a better way they'll let you know. It's the internet after all. haha. 
My plex seems to of died. It won't play anything. 

Hello! Small question.

I have an old AMD Phenom X6 1045T with 24G of ram. I currently run Plex on it.  

Do you think my setup can handle some transcode using a Quadro P2000?

Is it a good "route" to go or I'm better to change my hardware (CPU, Ram) with newer stuff... Like Intel i5.

I'm OK for a 500$ upgrade... 

Tks for your help!

Regards,

6 minutes ago, speedmax1979 said:

Hello! Small question.

I have an old AMD Phenom X6 1045T with 24G of ram. I currently run Plex on it.  

Do you think my setup can handle some transcode using a Quadro P2000?

Is it a good "route" to go or I'm better to change my hardware (CPU, Ram) with newer stuff... Like Intel i5.

I'm OK for a 500$ upgrade... 

Tks for your help!

Regards,

Next month cheapest turing 1650 comes out. Best to wait for that.

Even with it's "2" streams

Just ordered a used Quadro P1000 card on ebay! I have a question though. I see that the Quadro P1000 has a transcode limit of 2. If there is a 3rd video that gets requested to be transcoded, does it drop down to the CPU to handle or will it get rejected? I'd love unlimited transcoding but it looks like the software limits it on this card.

21 minutes ago, bonedrums said:

Just ordered a used Quadro P1000 card on ebay! I have a question though. I see that the Quadro P1000 has a transcode limit of 2. If there is a 3rd video that gets requested to be transcoded, does it drop down to the CPU to handle or will it get rejected? I'd love unlimited transcoding but it looks like the software limits it on this card.

CPU if stream limit is reached.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Dazog said:

Next month cheapest turing 1650 comes out. Best to wait for that.

Even with it's "2" streams

Ok, Tks for your answer. 
But, is a P2000 can work with my curent setup?

AMD Phenom X6 1045T with 24G of ram.

Did someone try this card with an older CPU like mine?

Tks,

Edited by speedmax1979
2 minutes ago, speedmax1979 said:

Ok, Tks for your answer. 
But, is a P2000 can work with my curent setup?

AMD Phenom X6 1045T with 24G of ram.

Did someone try this card with an older CPU like mine?

Tks,

I'm running my new P2000 (got it this weekend) in conjunction with dual L5640s.   They're not the slowest, but rather old, and I saw major improvements since bringing the quadro in the mix.

• trurl locked this topic