[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

35 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

I have a question, can you do this on an existing install of unRAID or does it require a completely new install? There are no CPU limitations with this are there? I understand on windows you have to have a gen 8 CPU, my unRAID server has Xeon CPU's, will this still work?

I don't know where you got that info from. 

Install the plugin, download the version you want to use in the plugin, reboot the server and off you go. 

those of you running this; how's the overall quality of doing the hardware transcode?  I have read a few times now that offloading the transcoding may result in poor quality... is there different quality levels based on which card you're using?

5 minutes ago, dnoyeb said:

those of you running this; how's the overall quality of doing the hardware transcode?  I have read a few times now that offloading the transcoding may result in poor quality... is there different quality levels based on which card you're using?

Quality levels is set within Emby/Plex, nothing to do with the card.

Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned, I searched for nvdec but was a bit confused, is there a way to get encoding and decoding working in this build? Is it even needed? I saw this post and got curious...

https://forums.plex.tv/t/guide-nvdec-hardware-acceleration-patch-for-plex-media-server-on-linux/391322/2

Also I'm seeing the GPU memory usage on my P2000 only using like 77MB for normal x264 and 199MB for 4K HEVC, is that normal? Should it be so low. Again I'm new to this so forgive my ignorance, I searched low memory but didn't see any comments.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Wavey said:

Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned, I searched for nvdec but was a bit confused, is there a way to get encoding and decoding working in this build? Is it even needed? I saw this post and got curious...

https://forums.plex.tv/t/guide-nvdec-hardware-acceleration-patch-for-plex-media-server-on-linux/391322/2

Also I'm seeing the GPU memory usage on my P2000 only using like 77MB for normal x264 and 199MB for 4K HEVC, is that normal? Should it be so low. Again I'm new to this so forgive my ignorance, I searched low memory but didn't see any comments.

Here you go.  https://gist.github.com/Xaero252/9f81593e4a5e6825c045686d685e2428.  You can put this script in User Scripts so that you can run it each time Plex gets updated.

And yes, I'm seeing that GPU memory usage is about what I'm seeing as well.

Edited by IamSpartacus
1 hour ago, IamSpartacus said:

Here you go.  https://gist.github.com/Xaero252/9f81593e4a5e6825c045686d685e2428.  You can put this script in User Scripts so that you can run it each time Plex gets updated.

And yes, I'm seeing that GPU memory usage is about what I'm seeing as well.

Thanks, I'll go research how to actually do that. LOL

So that's normal usage for GPU, thought it might be too low but cool if that sounds right.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, CHBMB said:

I can't tell you why your copy of that file is getting deleted, but that's what I would bet is causing it.  Try running the above command and see what the output is, both from a fresh boot and after the problem occurs.

The issue was the recycle bin plugin. I didn't have it excluding the /tmp folder. The recycle bin plugin was prompting the cleaning of that folder and removing GPU data on the Nvidia plugin page. 
Thanks for all your work that you put into this as well all the containers you maintain. 
LSIO team rocks!!!

The issue was the recycle bin plugin. I didn't have it excluding the /tmp folder. The recycle bin plugin was prompting the cleaning of that folder and removing GPU data on the Nvidia plugin page. 
Thanks for all your work that you put into this as well all the containers you maintain. 
LSIO team rocks!!!
Ah, nice find, I'll take a look at the recycle bin plugin and see if I can get a work around for the issue. Thanks for reporting back.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Hi All

I'm running UnRaid 6.6.7 as a VM on ESXi 6.7. I'm passing my GT 710 graphics card through (see pic) however the nvidia setting reports it can't see the card correctly:

"Unable to dertermine the device handle got GPU 0000:1B:00.0: Unknown error"

Checking the logs I see the following entry:

kernel: NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x23:0x56:483)
kernel: NVRM: rm_init_adapter failed for device bearing minor number 0

Has anyone got it to work with UnRaid as a VM? Anyone give me any pointers?

Annotation 2019-04-05 123143.jpg

Annotation 2019-04-05 121150.jpg

Edited by IrishBiker
8 minutes ago, IrishBiker said:

Hi All

I'm running UnRaid 6.6.7 as a VM on ESXi 6.7. I'm passing my GT 710 graphics card through (see pic) however the nvidia setting reports it can't see the card correctly:

Checking the logs I see the following entry:

Has anyone got it to work with UnRaid as a VM? Anyone give me any pointers?

Annotation 2019-04-05 123143.jpg

Annotation 2019-04-05 121150.jpg

We only do testing when unraid is running on bare metal / host os. I suspect it could be to do with nvidia not liking their cards running in a virtual environment which is why you're getting this issue.

So I went to do an upgrade from the RC6 to RC7 and I couldn't get it to boot. Rolled back to RC6(nvidia) and it still wouldn't boot. I keep getting an error in the log right before it gets to the login prompt that says "Error: Check Nvidia Driver!" and then it reports a segfault.

So neither the RC6 or RC7 will boot. Before I was giving me driver errors with the dynamix system temp plugin so I removed that and attempted it again but can't get past the nvidia driver error check. Not sure what I did wrong but even starting over with  a fresh install and then installing the nvidia version would not work. 

My GPU is a GTX970

I won't be able to do much until I get home at 6pm EST 

Just thought I'd share my issue

GPU Assignment dosen't work

Hi, im running into the problem that no matter wich "uuid" i enter as value Plex is always going to start transcoding with the first gpu in line. If I start my vm first, wich uses my GTX 1060, then plex is going to do the transcoding on the Quadro P400. Any suggestions how to solve this? Thx in advance

3 hours ago, IrishBiker said:

I'm passing my GT 710 graphics card through (see pic) however the nvidia setting reports it can't see the card correctly:

do your card working correctly, if you pass it to Windows VM for example?

4 hours ago, IrishBiker said:

Yes, well it was recognized in Device Manager. I'm getting hold of a HP NVIDIA QUADRO P620. Will try that when it arrives. 

You may have to manually supply the BIOS for the consumer cards. The Quadro P620 should play well in a VM, however.

Edit:
I see you are running esxi, my bad;

try doing this:

right click your VM > Edit Settings > VM Options > Advanced > Edit Configuration > Add Parameter:

hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE"

Someone on Reddit reported that to work getting the drivers installed on Windows, hopefully it does for Linux as well. Should only apply to *consumer* cards. The Quadro, again, should play well in a VM. Edited by Xaero

I figured out my failure... If you don't wait for the "Done" button to appear and you exit the window any sooner, you will corrupt the install...

Is there any way to show write process in the window after the checksum pass? That way we know it's still in operation?

20 hours ago, MowMdown said:

I figured out my failure... If you don't wait for the "Done" button to appear and you exit the window any sooner, you will corrupt the install...

Is there any way to show write process in the window after the checksum pass? That way we know it's still in operation?

I've made the routine a little more verbose and added a warning.  Just update the plugin....

2019-04-06_20-04.png.d577088a496d5df5a0d6bb5b9befd3a1.png

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I've made the routine a little more verbose and added a warning.  Just update the plugin....

Go one step further and remove the "x" altogether.  Add this in before the call to openBox()

$("#sb-nav-close").css("visibility","hidden");

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Go one step further and remove the "x" altogether.  Add this in before the call to openBox()

$("#sb-nav-close").css("visibility","hidden");

Cool, gives me an excuse to check the CA API for updating.... :D

• Upvote 1
  • trurl locked this topic