[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

I am getting an unknown flag error. I can't figure this out, it worked a week ago then suddenly I checked on plex and the app was entirely gone, I was able to restore it from the Apps tab. Is this common? I can't tell if it is a problem with the specific grab of PLEX I got from Apps. Is there a different one that people use? This is the error I receive.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Plex' --net='eth1' --ip='192.168.0.3' --privileged=true -e TZ="UTC" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-***********' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Transcodes/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Movies/':'/Movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/TV Shows/':'/TV Shows':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/':'/Data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Plex Media Server/':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'plexinc/pms-docker' 
unknown flag: --runtime
See 'docker run --help'.

4 minutes ago, djlcurly said:

I am getting an unknown flag error. I can't figure this out, it worked a week ago then suddenly I checked on plex and the app was entirely gone, I was able to restore it from the Apps tab. Is this common? I can't tell if it is a problem with the specific grab of PLEX I got from Apps. Is there a different one that people use? This is the error I receive.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Plex' --net='eth1' --ip='192.168.0.3' --privileged=true -e TZ="UTC" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-***********' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Transcodes/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Movies/':'/Movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/TV Shows/':'/TV Shows':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/':'/Data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Yggdrasil/Plex Media Server/':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'plexinc/pms-docker' 
unknown flag: --runtime
See 'docker run --help'.

Delete --runtime=nvidia and try typing it in manually NOT copying/pasting from the forum.  For some reason it adds extra (non-visible) characters.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Doesn't mean it has the NVENC chip requirements to transcode

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

gt 710 seem to support NVENC for h.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:2:0 and for NVDEC - AVCHD.

image.thumb.png.7f39fc2855337174938709bbc99afc9f.png

Edited by dibux
gt 710 seem to support NVENC for h.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:2:0 and for NVDEC - AVCHD.
image.thumb.png.7f39fc2855337174938709bbc99afc9f.png
Hmmm, well nvidia-smi is separate to that so I suppose the original issue is stuttering, probably need some more info on what you're transcoding to/from and network setup.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Hmmm, well nvidia-smi is separate to that so I suppose the original issue is stuttering, probably need some more info on what you're transcoding to/from and network setup.

HP N40L with UnRaid (r7) und Docker Plex (both from Plex and Linux.io). In Plex i see the HW in transcoding, but the CPU ist 100% when i transcode and it is stuttering, so i think this is not work well. 1GB Lan to orbmedia (android box with Plex client) on beamer. 4k to HD transcoding (samsunf demo 4k)

HP N40L with UnRaid (r7) und Docker Plex (both from Plex and Linux.io). In Plex i see the HW in transcoding, but the CPU ist 100% when i transcode and it is stuttering, so i think this is not work well. 1GB Lan to orbmedia (android box with Plex client) on beamer. 4k to HD transcoding (samsunf demo 4k)
Might be that your NVENC chip can't handle 4K. What's the specifications of the file you're trying to play.

Has anybody else been seeing that the nvidia runtime is no longer supported by the docker container by specifying --runtime=nvidia as an extra parameter.  I lost my nvidia gpu passthrough and therefore my hardware acceleration after updating to unraid 6.7.0-rc7.  I removed the docker and re-added through apps but it won't deploy with the same error.  I initially missed that nvidia unraid plugin needed to be updated but have since updated and still can't get the plex docker container to use the nvidia runtime parameter.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by kymnyth

image.thumb.png.08c85855448077f182d16960884833cc.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

Could it be something to do with this.... When I try and update the unraid nvidia install I just get a white screen.  Based on screen shots earlier in the thread I should be getting some kind of output and I should be getting back to a done button.  However, this just hangs.  I have been letting it sit for about 10 minutes. 

Note: I tried with various browsers to see if it was running but nothing is showing up in chrome or firefox.  And after reboot, it isn't behaving like anything is being installed.  I tried the Stock Unraid 1.6.7.0-rc7 install as well and got the same result...blank white box.

Additionally, I tried uninstalling the nvidia unraid plugin and reinstalled it and tried again with the same result.

Edited by kymnyth
1 hour ago, kymnyth said:

I lost my nvidia gpu passthrough and therefore my hardware acceleration after updating to unraid 6.7.0-rc7

This plugin actually installs a custom build of Unraid. Updating to a new version of Unraid means you are installing a non-custom build that doesn't have nvidia support.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, trurl said:

This plugin actually installs a custom build of Unraid. Updating to a new version of Unraid means you are installing a non-custom build that doesn't have nvidia support.

Yes, thanks for that information.  I installed the update and now I am trying to install the custom build with nvidia support  however the installer is hanging as is shown in the screen shots above.  Should I rollback to 6.7.0-rc6 and then try to install the update custom nvidia unraid build? Thanks.

Edited by kymnyth
Yes, thanks for that information.  I installed the update and now I am trying to install the custom build with nvidia support  however the installer is hanging as is shown in the screen shots above.  Should I rollback to 6.7.0-rc6 and then try to install the update custom nvidia unraid build? Thanks.
The sort of issues you describe are normally a result of a DNS issue or incorrect MTU setting on your router.

• trurl locked this topic