[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

ahhh...ok...was the script separate from the install or something? I don't recall. Been a while. Where do I remove it from?

It was a separate thing. You only need to remove it if you added it to the User Scripts Plugin.

Plex did encoding already. So decoding of the video and transcoding of the audio was still done by the CPU.

The script passed the task of video decoding to the GPU. Leaving only audio to the CPU.

Thus, script no longer needed.

If you never added the script to the script plugin, have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't jump my a$$ for this. I read all 46 pages of this thread and it taught me a lot of information and I can't remember all of it. I know it was talked about and asked somewhere in here. 

I see there is a somewhat newer Handbrake container in the CA store by djaydev which has paths for GPU info. I would love to offload my h265 transcoding to the GPU. 

Can you pass the same GPU to multiple dockers successfully? Or at least point me to the post where it is discussed. 

Edited by rmeaux
1 hour ago, rmeaux said:

Please don't jump my a$$ for this. I read all 46 pages of this thread and it taught me a lot of information and I can't remember all of it. I know it was talked about and asked somewhere in here. 

I see there is a somewhat newer Handbrake container in the CA store by djaydev which has paths for GPU info. I would love to offload my h265 transcoding to the GPU. 

Can you pass the same GPU to multiple dockers successfully? Or at least point me to the post where it is discussed. 

Yes, you can use the same GPU in different containers.

14 hours ago, drzaph said:

Thanks for the video. SpaceInvader1's videos are incredible. I was only asking if instructions like his have changed with the new PMS? 

You just don't need to run any additional optional script to get decoding working as that's now baked in; the original instructions are all you need.

19 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Give it some time. It takes hours of work to get each new version ready for distribution.

I was only asking because we don't normally get the plugin for rc releases.  This is just an important one.  And I have been waiting for this release for like 2 months lol Im itching to try it!!  I want to be able to download and watch at the same time again lol

16 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

How can I put stable 6.7.2 UNRAID-NVIDIA without using the GUI

Boot into GUI mode?

Or, download the 6.7.2 zip from limetech's website and overwrite the bz* files on the flash, and when booted back up in the plugin settings install 6.7.2 Nvidia

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Boot into GUI mode?

Or, download the 6.7.2 zip from limetech's website and overwrite the bz* files on the flash, and when booted back up in the plugin settings install 6.7.2 Nvidia

I had to download official from Limetech, because even from GUI, no network...  Now retrying 6.8.0rc1 to see.

4 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Ok.  6.8.0rc1 NVIDIA build, I loose Network.  6.7.2 Official, Network works, 6.7.2 NVIDIA build, Network works too.   So, it seems that 6.8.0rc1 doesn't include the X570's boards NIC card driver (?), strange.

From 6.8rc1 release notes:

Some out-of-tree (oot) drivers are currently omitted either because the source code doesn't compile or driver doesn't work with the 5.3 kernel:

Intel ixgbe [does not build] (using in-tree driver)

Highpoint r750 [does not work]

Highpoint rr3740a [does not build]

This is always the risk with including vendor-supplied drivers.  Until the vendor fixes their code we must omit their driver.

Possibly the above driver is your problem: Intel ixgbe [does not build] (using in-tree driver)

7 minutes ago, jpowell8672 said:

From 6.8rc1 release notes:

Some out-of-tree (oot) drivers are currently omitted either because the source code doesn't compile or driver doesn't work with the 5.3 kernel:

Intel ixgbe [does not build] (using in-tree driver)

Highpoint r750 [does not work]

Highpoint rr3740a [does not build]

This is always the risk with including vendor-supplied drivers.  Until the vendor fixes their code we must omit their driver.

Possibly the above driver is your problem: Intel ixgbe [does not build] (using in-tree driver)

definately the issue! :  My Ethernet is :  PCI device 0x8086:0x1539 (igb)  (igb, I suppose it's Intel ixgbe?)

EDIT:  Oh, no it's 10G card, my Intel Card is only a 1G card... 

Anyway, back on the 6.7.2 stable UNRAID build and will wait for other people to try the next rc of 6.8.x ;)

Edited by Pducharme

I pulled it a couple of times actually.   I think Fuse was left out which caused my rclone to stop working.  I realize this is nothing to do with Nvidia plugin.

Fusermount completely missing from /bin.  Each time i reverted back to 6.7 all worked fine and it was there again.

Thanks for your very fast release.

Maybe i can help test it on the next release.

• trurl locked this topic