[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

TL:DR I'm an idiot, Tom includes the Unraid MD source in Unraid, and I already sync that directory to my kernel source, so I was already compiling it without realising.  Still needed to fix the Tehuti driver source, so forked my prev source and added it to my own repo (Tehuti download links don't work well in bash) and add the RocketNSVMe driver, which I did last night.  Just building now, fingers crossed.

• Like 7

I just tried installing 6.8rc and I'm getting a kernel panic because the root filesystem is not mountable. Not sure if the image I pulled got corrupted somehow or what.

EDIT:
This was not your fault. Disregard.
I did a stupid.

iKVM_capture.jpg

Edited by Xaero
3 hours ago, Xaero said:

I just tried installing 6.8rc and I'm getting a kernel panic because the root filesystem is not mountable. Not sure if the image I pulled got corrupted somehow or what.

EDIT:
This was not your fault. Disregard.
I did a stupid.

iKVM_capture.jpg

What did the issue end up being caused from?

Are other people affected like me due to this bug from Nvidia?

Fixed a regression introduced in the 430.* series of releases that caused a segmentation fault in libnvcuvid.so while using Video Codec SDK APIs on certain graphics boards.

My server locks up after 1-2 days due to this.

Since this is fixed in a beta build, and slackbuilds doesn't build beta builds.

I will hold out hope for end of month new card announcements for new stable.

Hi,

i´m running UNRAID 6.5.3 for quite some time now to my satisfaction. 

However, i´d like to utilize my old GTX1050Ti for Plex hardware transcoding (Plex Pass is available) and learned, that i need to update my UNRAID server for this.

I´ve read about stability issues with 6.7.x versions.

So what would be a good choice for an UNRAID version between 6.5.3 and the current that is safe to use?

TIA

Regards, Hocky

1 hour ago, hocky said:

Hi,

However, i´d like to utilize my old GTX1050Ti for Plex hardware transcoding (Plex Pass is available) and learned, that i need to update my UNRAID server for this.

So what would be a good choice for an UNRAID version between 6.5.3 and the current that is safe to use?

TIA

Regards, Hocky

You would need to try yourself. Myself I've never noticed performance issues with unraid so I can only speak from my own experience.

Currently running the 6.8rc1 with nvidia and it's all good :)

10 hours ago, hocky said:

Hi,

TIA

Regards, Hocky

I would try testing with 6.6.7

OK, thanks. I think i´ll give the 6.6.7 a try.

How do i do the update? Using the WebGUI, i can only chose between "stable", which gives me the 6.7.2 or "next" which gives me the 6.8.0-rc1.

EDIT: Got it - sorry for noise.

Edited by hocky

OK, did the update. Looks good so far. 🙂

After checking everything runs normal, i installed the nvidia piece. Looks good as well, Plex is utilizing my old GTX1050Ti - tested two streams in parallell transcoding 4K incl. subtitles to an iPhone and an iPad.

Nice work. 👍

I was hoping to get a little help with this. I installed the Linuxserver.io Unraid and updated to the correct unraid. 

782307242_ScreenShot2019-10-18at11_14_32AM.thumb.png.4276c526d901778d0df3bc22886a605b.png

I have added it to the most recent Plex Container from LinuxServer.io. As seen here. 

595594800_ScreenShot2019-10-18at11_12_44AM.thumb.png.4ff6474becdc64818c4446dc05a82899.png

I have tried it with and without that "host key 3" above.   
This is an a Ryzen 7 3700 with the Asus Crosshair Hero 8 (if these matter) and its the only GPU (and Primary). 

My Syslinux file is like this.  

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot vfio-pci.ids=144d:a802,10de:1ad8,10de:1ad9,10ec:8125
label Unraid OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

However, when ever I play a movie it immediately starts software transcoding. I checked the Plex Logs and don't see that it even tried to use the Hardware

19 minutes ago, wesman said:

I was hoping to get a little help with this. I installed the Linuxserver.io Unraid and updated to the correct unraid. 

782307242_ScreenShot2019-10-18at11_14_32AM.thumb.png.4276c526d901778d0df3bc22886a605b.png

I have added it to the most recent Plex Container from LinuxServer.io. As seen here. 

595594800_ScreenShot2019-10-18at11_12_44AM.thumb.png.4ff6474becdc64818c4446dc05a82899.png

I have tried it with and without that "host key 3" above.   
This is an a Ryzen 7 3700 with the Asus Crosshair Hero 8 (if these matter) and its the only GPU (and Primary). 

My Syslinux file is like this.  

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot vfio-pci.ids=144d:a802,10de:1ad8,10de:1ad9,10ec:8125
label Unraid OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

However, when ever I play a movie it immediately starts software transcoding. I checked the Plex Logs and don't see that it even tried to use the Hardware

and did you went inside the Plex Settings to make sure that in section « transcoder », a checkmark was in the checkbox to use Hardware transcoding if available?

14 minutes ago, wesman said:

Quick question, on my intel server, I have plex set to use a GPU (Discreet Graphic card), but if that GPU is currently running a VM, will the Plex LinuxServer.io fall back to quick sync? or go right to software?

Someone already told me this simple Rule :

• GPU can be shared among Dockers (at the same time)
  • GPU dedicated to a VM is only available to that VM until that VM is powered down

Applying that rule to your question, I would say that no, it won't fallback on quicksync on the docker.  If you turn off the VM, then maybe I guess ? (can't test since i'm running a Ryzen 9 3900x on my Unraid, so no quicksync).

Are you guys planning on releasing new versions for other 6.8 rc series or just waiting until 6.8 goes final?

thanks so much for releasing rc1 as the 6.8 series has been a long time coming and still getting to use my P2000 is a fantastic bonus.

cheers!

• trurl locked this topic