On 11/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, bdarnell said:

Model: Custom

M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B360M DS3H Version x.x - s/n: Default string

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version F14. Dated: 03/14/2019

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 9216 KiB

Memory: 16 GiB DDR4 (max. installable capacity 64 GiB)

Version 6.8.0-rc5 2019-11-01

Nvidia Driver Version:430.50

GPU 0 Model & Bus:Quadro P2000      01:00.0

GPU 0 UUID:GPU-f5f12578-6b6d-4157-0a44-5f59cb1b9007

I have 2 unraid servers, above are the specs for the one that I cannot get to work with nvidia unraid.  My other server I can get to work just fine.
When I open a terminal and type `watch nvidia-smi` , it just hangs, no output.
When I start the official plexmediaserver docker image with all the settings (spaceinvadersone youtube video) the container just hangs on pending, and locks up the docker service, forcing me to stop and start the Docker service.

What else can I change to get this to work?
Thanks in advance!

Branson

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I would rewatch the spaceinvader video and make sure you got it all right. Maybe your unraid is using your p2000 as the main display? Does your motherboard have it's own onboard graphics (your cpu seems to have the built-in graphics)? Do you use the display ports (hdmi/VGA/DP) on your board instead of the card? Spaceinvader does talk about the fact that if something is using the GPU, nothing else will be able to use it. Good luck!

38 minutes ago, TechD87 said:

Good morning!

Is there a list available to show what Nvdia Drivers are associated to each of the Unraid builds? 

I have an older Nvidia GTX 580 and it isn't supported on 6.7.2 so I may have to roll back. I just don't know how far.

Thanks.

If you have the plugin installed you can see what version of drivers would install with what version of unraid, without actually having to go ahead and install it.

Although to answer your question anyway it seems like the versions are:

6.6.7 & 6.7  -  v418.56

6.7.1 & 6.7.2 - v430.14

All versions above (including RC) - v430.50

16 hours ago, huntastikus said:

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I would rewatch the spaceinvader video and make sure you got it all right. Maybe your unraid is using your p2000 as the main display? Does your motherboard have it's own onboard graphics (your cpu seems to have the built-in graphics)? Do you use the display ports (hdmi/VGA/DP) on your board instead of the card? Spaceinvader does talk about the fact that if something is using the GPU, nothing else will be able to use it. Good luck!

I am using the onboard video vga to a monitor and can see unraid boot there, nothing is plugged into the p2000 4x display ports.

I'll watch the spaceinvaderone videos again , but I do have this working on my other unraid server.

Should I roll back the unraid version to a prior 6.8.0rc version?

21 hours ago, Migz93 said:

If you have the plugin installed you can see what version of drivers would install with what version of unraid, without actually having to go ahead and install it.

Although to answer your question anyway it seems like the versions are:

6.6.7 & 6.7  -  v418.56

6.7.1 & 6.7.2 - v430.14

All versions above (including RC) - v430.50

Excellent! Thank you for that! Going back it's confirmed that the GTX 580 will not work on any version. I'm stuck with the P2000. I'll have to find a seperate card to add to do a GPU Passthrough so that I can create a decent computer/gaming rig out of bordem.

2 minutes ago, TechD87 said:

Excellent! Thank you for that! Going back it's confirmed that the GTX 580 will not work on any version. I'm stuck with the P2000. I'll have to find a seperate card to add to do a GPU Passthrough so that I can create a decent computer/gaming rig out of bordem.

You should be able to pick up a second hand 1050ti (or similar) from Ebay.

19 hours ago, bdarnell said:

I am using the onboard video vga to a monitor and can see unraid boot there, nothing is plugged into the p2000 4x display ports.

I'll watch the spaceinvaderone videos again , but I do have this working on my other unraid server.

Do you have any VM's associated to your P2000? I know that I had setup a VM first and was able to do a GPU Passthrough before I even installed the Nvidia Plugin and I was getting an SMI-failed error.

If you have a VM setup, make sure that the video is on VNC and auto-start off. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, bdarnell said:

I would probably get it working with the latest stable (6.7.x) release first before you go into the RC series.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, TechD87 said:

Do you have any VM's associated to your P2000? I know that I had setup a VM first and was able to do a GPU Passthrough before I even installed the Nvidia Plugin and I was getting an SMI-failed error.

If you have a VM setup, make sure that the video is on VNC and auto-start off. 

I don't use VM currently, and VM manager is turned off.

I hope @limetech is able to help these guys out with the build issue since rc-6. The lack of movement is a little disconcerting that a valued community development provider like linuxserver can't get anywhere with them by now.

hopefully will be resolved by the time 6.8 goes final. The unfortunate thing is everyone who uses this plugin is stuck on rc-5 which means less eyes on helping out with any bug reporting for later rc's

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dgreig said:

I hope @limetech is able to help these guys out with the build issue since rc-6. The lack of movement is a little disconcerting that a valued community development provider like linuxserver can't get anywhere with them by now.

hopefully will be resolved by the time 6.8 goes final. The unfortunate thing is everyone who uses this plugin is stuck on rc-5 which means less eyes on helping out with any bug reporting for later rc's

Obvious post is obvious.

• Haha 1
  • trurl locked this topic