[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Just now, Cessquill said:

Then go into the plugin via the settings page.  You'll see the available versions in the dropdown.

Note: the plugin doesn't need updating for a new version of Unraid to be added to the list of available downloads.

I just reinstalled the plugin and 6.7.2, 6.8.0, ... are now showing up in the dropdown menu.

Should've done this earlier. 

Thanks for the help

20 hours ago, saarg said:

Have you copied the nvidia variables and the runtime into the template? If so, try typing it manually in case there are some nasty hidden characters sneaking in.

For emby you also have to be using emby premiere to be able to use transcoding.

Sorry, yes, I thought I included those in my screenshot, but apparently not (EDIT: They are actually in the screenshot - Host Keys 4 and 5).  I'll retry typing them in, but I've tried a few times with wiping them out and re-inputting them.  I do have Emby premiere as well (just bought on black friday).

19 hours ago, CHBMB said:

As a troubleshooting, you could try our container as that's the one we test with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

If you mean the LinuxServer container, I did try that too (see my edit) and it is showing the same results (though no errors in the log).

Edited by Coolsaber57
3 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Sorry, yes, I thought I included those in my screenshot, but apparently not (EDIT: They are actually in the screenshot - Host Keys 4 and 5).  I'll retry typing them in, but I've tried a few times with wiping them out and re-inputting them.  I do have Emby premiere as well (just bought on black friday).

If you mean the LinuxServer container, I did try that too (see my edit) and it is showing the same results (though no errors in the log).

What is enable hardware transcoding set to? It should be set to advanced if you want to see it enabled for different codecs on the transcodes page. If you only have it set to yes, no list will appear, but it will still work.

Have you tried to play a file and see if it's hardware transcoding?

8 hours ago, saarg said:

What is enable hardware transcoding set to? It should be set to advanced if you want to see it enabled for different codecs on the transcodes page. If you only have it set to yes, no list will appear, but it will still work.

Have you tried to play a file and see if it's hardware transcoding?

Yes, I set it to Advanced and just see the "Preferred Hardware Decoders" and "Preferred Hardware Encoders" headers, but nothing is shown under them:

image.png.536edfee7b33bbc912577278fa52a704.png

Are there any commands that I can run to see if it's being passed to the Docker container?

I also verified that when I transcode that it's software transcoding.

Edited by Coolsaber57
4 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Yes, I set it to Advanced and just see the "Preferred Hardware Decoders" and "Preferred Hardware Encoders" headers, but nothing is shown under them:

image.png.536edfee7b33bbc912577278fa52a704.png

Are there any commands that I can run to see if it's being passed to the Docker container?

I also verified that when I transcode that it's software transcoding.

Which card are you using?

are you using the same appdata for both the containers? If you do, please try using a fresh clean appdata.

Also check the emby logs for any errors. You will find them in the server dashboard.

8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Which card are you using?

are you using the same appdata for both the containers? If you do, please try using a fresh clean appdata.

Also check the emby logs for any errors. You will find them in the server dashboard.

I'm using a 1070ti.

Different appdata folders (one is under binhex-emby) and I created one from scratch for the LinuxServer version.

I did take a look at the emby error logs and they do show some errors, but I don't know how to interpret them.  I am attaching a snippet with the errors.

EmbyErr.txt

9 minutes ago, Coolsaber57 said:

I'm using a 1070ti.

Different appdata folders (one is under binhex-emby) and I created one from scratch for the LinuxServer version.

I did take a look at the emby error logs and they do show some errors, but I don't know how to interpret them.  I am attaching a snippet with the errors.

EmbyErr.txt 11.27 kB · 0 downloads

I have no idea why it fails with those errors. It's working here, but I don't have a 1070ti.

You are not using the card in a VM at the same time? Or unraid gui mode?

1 minute ago, saarg said:

I have no idea why it fails with those errors. It's working here, but I don't have a 1070ti.

You are not using the card in a VM at the same time? Or unraid gui mode?

Nope, I do have that card in a VM template to be passed through, but it is off and the server has since been rebooted.  I even tried to remove it from the template in case that was it, but same result.

Not sure how to check if i'm booted to GUI mode, but I don't think so.

3 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Nope, I do have that card in a VM template to be passed through, but it is off and the server has since been rebooted.  I even tried to remove it from the template in case that was it, but same result.

Not sure how to check if i'm booted to GUI mode, but I don't think so.

So my Emby trancoding settings look like this.  Do you have Emby Premiere?

2019-12-04_00-45.thumb.png.652ce237cbad4464952ac2a1cf331de9.png

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Post a screenshot of your Unraid Nvidia Page and a copy of your docker run command.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sure! 

image.thumb.png.971a5ad411708df96809fd09bc174603.png

Docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-emby' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-8440d19a-9e76-d65d-446d-ae1025166862' -p '8096:8096/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Multimedia/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/apps/appdata/binhex-emby':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'binhex/arch-emby'

d4bc81427e6cc561e1c829a5f6c54d37663f0133a444cc11d2b89cb0f861a6cd

45 minutes ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Sure! 

image.thumb.png.971a5ad411708df96809fd09bc174603.png

Docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-emby' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-8440d19a-9e76-d65d-446d-ae1025166862' -p '8096:8096/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Multimedia/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/apps/appdata/binhex-emby':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'binhex/arch-emby'

d4bc81427e6cc561e1c829a5f6c54d37663f0133a444cc11d2b89cb0f861a6cd

Can you try the LinuxServer version of Emby please?  I am 100% sure that works as it's the combination I use.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Can you try the LinuxServer version of Emby please?  I am 100% sure that works as it's the combination I use.

Yep, I had one already up and running to try and fix this:  

Docker Run Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='emby' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-8440d19a-9e76-d65d-446d-ae1025166862' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8097:8096/tcp' -p '8921:8920/tcp' -p '1901:1900/udp' -p '7358:7359/udp' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Multimedia/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/apps/appdata/emby':'/config':'rw,slave' 'linuxserver/emby'

0d648e5555096cd4bc8ecb060f87741b14f4b90d89f0a37c3defbbcdab228be4

image.png.ab9f0f4a8cbdc024751674ed5b4f6444.png

13 minutes ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Yep, I had one already up and running to try and fix this:  

Docker Run Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='emby' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-8440d19a-9e76-d65d-446d-ae1025166862' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8097:8096/tcp' -p '8921:8920/tcp' -p '1901:1900/udp' -p '7358:7359/udp' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Multimedia/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/apps/appdata/emby':'/config':'rw,slave' 'linuxserver/emby'

0d648e5555096cd4bc8ecb060f87741b14f4b90d89f0a37c3defbbcdab228be4

image.png.ab9f0f4a8cbdc024751674ed5b4f6444.png

You are missing the --runtime=nvidia.

3 hours ago, saarg said:

You are missing the --runtime=nvidia.

Thank you, I had that in there before in earlier testing and it still wasn't working, and I must have forgotten to add it back in this time.  Adding it back in does allow it to see the encoders/decoders list (hooray!).

Now I have to figure out why it's failing to work in binhex-emby.  It does appear to be an older version, so I've contacted binhex to see if he can update the container to the latest to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Just now, Coolsaber57 said:

Thank you, I had that in there before in earlier testing and it still wasn't working, and I must have forgotten to add it back in this time.  Adding it back in does allow it to see the encoders/decoders list (hooray!).

Now I have to figure out why it's failing to work in binhex-emby.  It does appear to be an older version, so I've contacted binhex to see if he can update the container to the latest to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you for your help!

It's not just to do with the Emby version, there are added dependencies that we add into our image.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

It's not just to do with the Emby version, there are added dependencies that we add into our image.

Oh, I had thought that I just needed to add the NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES variable in addition to the other Key.  Should the instructions be updated to state that only the LinuxServer version of emby will work?

On 2/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, linuxserver.io said:

How to Utilise the GPU in LinuxServer.io Emby, Jellyfin or Plex Docker Containers

With new installs of any of these containers from LinuxServer.io we have simplified the process of getting this working.

Here's the instructions......

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Here's the instructions......

No, I understood that, but below that it gives instructions for docker containers from other authors.

From what you've said above, it will ONLY work in the LinuxServer version because it has other built-in dependencies.  I was just saying that if only the LinuxServer version works, the instructions for the "Other authors" section should probably be removed.

Just read the work that went into releasing the latest version. Thank you to all that are involved in keeping this amazing addition to unraid working. I've been enjoying the benefits of it ever since it was released and as we all know how great it is to have this ability. I really appreciate it.

I searched back a bit and didn't see anything recently about the work being done on combining the Nvidia build and the DVB build. That would be the next dream come true. Is there any place I can follow the development of that build? Seems like it's getting lost in this thread.

• trurl locked this topic