[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

1 hour ago, BRiT said:

And then be forced to update unraid releases whenever Nvidia puts out new drivers? Sounds like plenty of extra work for LT.

Why would unraid be forced to do that? They don't currently put out a new release when there is a new docker update, or an update to the Intel gpu drivers, or kernels, etc. They put out a release when they feel like it or when there is a major security fix.

We on the other hand feel like we are forced to put out an update for this addon whenever there is a new unraid release.

It is plenty of extra work for us.

Edited by aptalca
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Why would unraid be forced to do that? They don't currently put out a new release when there is a new docker update, or an update to the Intel gpu drivers, or kernels, etc. They put out a release when they feel like it or when there is a major security fix.

We on the other hand feel like we are forced to put out an update for this addon whenever there is a new unraid release.

It is plenty of extra work for us.

Because there will be some users on the forums who ask for it and / or demand it. The same way they need to have bleeding-edge docker versions, they will act the same way with these drivers. *shrug*

11 hours ago, aptalca said:

Why would unraid be forced to do that?

It's because of the "2nd Law of Entitled Asses Dynamics" which states:

The total demand from entitled asses for an isolated software can never decrease over time.

So in layman's terms, one cannot decrease the demand of entitled asses. At "best", it can only be shifted from LSIO to LT.

• Haha 1

I made a pretty big goof & I'm not sure how to fix it...

Yesterday, I updated my Installation from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1 and then discovered that there wasn't a UnRaid Nvidia version available at that time.  But instead of going back thru and using the Unraid tools to step back to 6.8.0, I used the tool in UnRaid Nvidia to try and downgrade.  (Short cuts are not a good idea.  I should know this by now.)  This seems to have broken some things.  The system boots and comes to a command prompt but, the web ui and the array will not start.

Any ideas on how I can get myself out of this mess without making it worse?

Thanks...  

16 minutes ago, wrotruck said:

I made a pretty big goof & I'm not sure how to fix it...

Yesterday, I updated my Installation from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1 and then discovered that there wasn't a UnRaid Nvidia version available at that time.  But instead of going back thru and using the Unraid tools to step back to 6.8.0, I used the tool in UnRaid Nvidia to try and downgrade.  (Short cuts are not a good idea.  I should know this by now.)  This seems to have broken some things.  The system boots and comes to a command prompt but, the web ui and the array will not start.

Any ideas on how I can get myself out of this mess without making it worse?

Thanks...  

Remove Unraid USB drive then connect to Windows PC and backup drive contents to PC. Then do fresh install of Unraid version you want on USB drive and copy the Config folder from your PC backup to the Unraid USB drive you just made. Plug USB back into your Unraid box and boot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, jpowell8672 said:

Remove Unraid USB drive then connect to Windows PC and backup drive contents to PC. Then do fresh install of Unraid version you want on USB drive and copy the Config folder from your PC backup to the Unraid USB drive you just made. Plug USB back into your Unraid box and boot.

Thank you so much!  I couldn't appreciate you more right now!

Not exactly. What you're doing is redundant. Once the NVIDIA build is released, you just need to follow step 2. Step 1 is only necessary if you want to go to vanilla 6.8.1 while you wait for the NVIDIA build to be ready.

Edited by JasonM
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

Anyone know WHEN the 6.8.1 is going to be out? I wont update till its out! Why is it so long after? 24 hours is acceptable not Dayzzzzzzzzz

L33 

You do not deserve this in the first place. What a shameful attitude, telling the volunteer developers what you think is acceptable. 

34 minutes ago, JasonM said:

Not exactly. What you're doing is redundant. Once the NVIDIA build is released, you just need to follow step 2. Step 1 is only necessary if you want to go to vanilla 6.8.1 while you wait for the NVIDIA build to be ready.

Cool, thanks for the clarification!

Thanks again to jpowell8672 for helping me get sorted.  I didn't see an answer to the question of when Nvidia 6.8.1 will be released.  Is there a projected date?

Not trying to be push but after the stress of the last version game I'm not keen to try that again.  I'm happy to wait patiently I just have to decide if it's better to take the variables out of Plex or wait for the update.

Thanks...

• trurl locked this topic