[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

If one wanted to donate to show appreciation for the work the Dev's have done to make the Nvidia patch possible, where could one do that?

I just started using the Nvidia patch of unraid with the 6.8.0 build and I couldn't tell you enough how awesome it is. I'd like to show my appreciation to the developers.

• Like 1
Out of interest how much work does it take to create a new version? Is there much to it? How many man hours?  

Keep Smiling 

A lot of time is put into it.@CHBMB put up a post when 6.8.0 was released on the whole process and why there was such a long delay between LT6.8.0 and LSIO6.8.0, take a look at it. Think he said it was several days to weeks of work in reverse engineering and fixing, modification, updates between versions, etc. He does a lot for this.

Edit: Post 1474 is the short and sweet version. Post 2 is the background on how the process was achieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only upgraded because of Firefox. I saw several news articles about Firefox needing to be updated for security. So I'll deal with CPU trans-coding for now and patiently wait for our hero's to update the nvidia drivers at their own time. I can still watch my media and I went with out GPU trans-coding for the longest time, until I had a spare graphics card to toss into a 

mozilla-firefox: version 72.0.1 (CVE-2019-17026, CVE-2019-17015, CVE-2019-17016, CVE-2019-17017, CVE-2019-17018, CVE-2019-17019, * CVE-2019-17020, CVE-2019-17021, CVE-2019-17022, CVE-2019-17023, CVE-2019-17024, CVE-2019-17025)

Edited by seidler82
2 minutes ago, seidler82 said:

I saw several news articles about Firefox needing to be updated for security.

Fair enough, but IMO if booting into unRaid's GUI, then should be only using the built-in browser for accessing the GUI itself, and not for random web surfing.  It's there only for that reason.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, danktankk said:

For those of us that upgraded without first considering we would lose transcoding, all you have to do is downgrade back to 6.8.0.  Literally takes 30 seconds and a reboot.  Just go to Tools/UpdateOS and go from there.

Worked for me.

i couldn't get it to downgrade at all. 

48 minutes ago, seidler82 said:

I only upgraded because of Firefox. I saw several news articles about Firefox needing to be updated for security. So I'll deal with CPU trans-coding for now and patiently wait for our hero's to update the nvidia drivers at their own time. I can still watch my media and I went with out GPU trans-coding for the longest time, until I had a spare graphics card to toss into a 

I don't use Firefox at all unless I use the built-in Firefox in unraid gui.  But for day to day use, I just boot up to the cli login and VPN to it.

At any rate, it was just a suggestion that I found worked for me and wanted to share.  Whatever works for you is good too! :)

On 1/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, CHBMB said:

I'll try and take a look at this tomorrow.  Main issue at the moment is I need to sort out the Wireguard OOT drivers.

Any new OOT driver is a PITA

Thanks for your work.  It breathed new life into my server.  Feel like LimeTech should have these drivers built into their releases tbh.

• Like 3

Remember, the team has their own lives, they have day jobs, families and friends heck some are not even in Development or IT in their professional lives.

We're all pretty much hobbiest here, and this is being worked on by the goodness of their hearts. I'm OCD when it comes to updating things but you can't just expect everyone to drop everything when a new release hits to be patched.

It will be ready when it's done.

Thank you guys for all the hard work you put into this project

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Remember, the team has their own lives, they have day jobs, families and friends heck some are not even in Development or IT in their professional lives.

We're all pretty much hobbiest here, and this is being worked on by the goodness of their hearts. I'm OCD when it comes to updating things but you can't just expect everyone to drop everything when a new release hits to be patched.

It will be ready when it's done.

Thank you guys for all the hard work you put into this project emoji3590.png

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very well said.  If people are in such a rush, do the research and figure out how to do it yourself. I truly appreciate all the work that goes into this and the time these individuals take away from "life" to do this.

Instead of complaining, try thanking them for this.

Very well said.  If people are in such a rush, do the research and figure out how to do it yourself. I truly appreciate all the work that goes into this and the time these individuals take away from "life" to do this.

Instead of complaining, try thanking them for this.

You both really just encapsulated what I was trying to say a few days ago. Thank you to all who work on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 12/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, Timmy said:

Hey Guys. im trying to get my P2000 working for plex transcoding. i just installed the Unraid Nvidia plugin and it gets stuck on the Updating available builds screen.  any ideas?

im running 6.8.0 image.thumb.png.c6bd2ebc15d82d8930a886453094ced3.png

EXACT same issue and it's annoying. Did you find a fix?

edit: Nevermind, it wasn't working for like 3 months but it magically fixed itsself? 

Edited by Hikakiller

@Hikakiller

This works well for 6.8.0 with no issues at all for the p2000.  I know this because I own one and had to downgrade from 6.8.1 due to me thinking unraid nvidia would be done as quickly as the release.  No worries at all and im all set at 6.8.0 (again).  Hopefully, this will just be included in future releases of UNRAID to save future hassles...  I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

Maybe then some other good work can be done to accomplish other things like maybe trying to fix tables for those stubborn nvme drives that dont pass through worth a crap for VM barebone usage....  Doubtful, but just saying....

If you are using 6.8.1 you will not get it to work until it is released for that version of unraid.  downgrade to 6.8.0

Edit:  i see you fixed this.  Good deal.

Edited by danktankk
  • trurl locked this topic