[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

I'm trying to install nVidia Unraid Builds 6.8.3.

But I got this message after the installation: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.   

1649292598_2020-04-0221_30_41-MediaServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.f034b49066a4422113a43c0f3d20fb2c.png

I have a nVidia GT710 installed (should be supported), and it has been recognized by the system.

1674624195_2020-04-0221_34_21-login-froot(MediaServer).png.3ba32c47ba6c12412a2aec26a00e9932.png 

Does anyone have the same issue, how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Not sure if I'm recalling things correctly or not, but ...

I think because of the large level of efforts required that Beta builds are typically not targetted, only once they hit RC Release Candidates. In the past there have been over 3 non-RC builds released in a single day, and nearly half dozen in 1 week. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, soloandy said:

I'm trying to install nVidia Unraid Builds 6.8.3.

But I got this message after the installation: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.   

1649292598_2020-04-0221_30_41-MediaServer_Unraid-Nvidia.png.f034b49066a4422113a43c0f3d20fb2c.png

I have a nVidia GT710 installed (should be supported), and it has been recognized by the system.

1674624195_2020-04-0221_34_21-login-froot(MediaServer).png.3ba32c47ba6c12412a2aec26a00e9932.png 

Does anyone have the same issue, how to solve this problem? Thanks!

It's likely nvidia-smi doesn't support the 710.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, BRiT said:

Not sure if I'm recalling things correctly or not, but ...

I think because of the large level of efforts required that Beta builds are typically not targetted, only once they hit RC Release Candidates. In the past there have been over 3 non-RC builds released in a single day, and nearly half dozen in 1 week. 

Oh i see, i didn't know about the amount of releases per day. Any chance to automate it ?

11 minutes ago, ephigenie said:

Oh i see, i didn't know about the amount of releases per day. Any chance to automate it ?

I suggest reading the linked comment on this thread, saying "Thank you!" for all the volunteered effort by the dev team, and waiting patiently. If you have some skills, maybe you can help though. I'm sure CHBMB and the rest if the team would appreciate another set of hands!

• Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, JesterEE said:

I suggest reading the linked comment on this thread, saying "Thank you!" for all the volunteered effort by the dev team, and waiting patiently. If you have some skills, maybe you can help though. I'm sure CHBMB and the rest if the team would appreciate another set of hands!

Ok understood. I'll keep on reading this in full first. Thanks. And thank you for the Team who already put so much effort in making it happening.

I am getting "Checking SHA 256's: failed!". From my research earlier on this forum it is mentioned it might be a DNS issue. I have no idea where to begin trouble shooting this or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I do have xfinity/Comcast which has caused issues in the past if that is relevant at all. Also installing on unraid 6.8.3, I originally was on 6.8.2 but tried updating to see if that fixed it. My GPU is a Quadro K2200 which is listed as compatible.

21 minutes ago, bigmac5753 said:

Is an AMD version possible?

I would happily donate generously to have AMD cards running in containers.

Plex does not support AMD video cards in Linux; just Windows.  Don't know about other containers where it may be used.

can i run multi gpu for one docker app below is my setup i like to do 

have two gpus setup for one tdarr app working on transcodes

GeForce GTX 950 

unraid nvidia        docker      tdarr

GeForce GTX 950 

the above setup would be great so i can have more transcodes

about i would like to add plex to the mix too

image.thumb.png.30744d75f094811d24bf89cfe07b0a25.png

First specs:

unraid 6.8.2 - from the version from the unraid nvidia plugin

threadripper 1950X

128GB Ram

3 x gtx970

1 x quadro 2000

Hi Guys. I just have a quick question for everyone using the netdata docker in conjunction with unraid nvidia and also everyone else :). I have been trying to pass through my gpus to netdata for like the last 2 weeks trying all different kinds of steps like putting in the correct extra parameters into the docker. I followed what others have done like:

On 3/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, Xaero said:

Got this working in netdata!
image.thumb.png.2bf79e1e66e96f36ca185a8aacda6f7c.png
So, don't worry about grabbing a special version, the version from Community Apps is fine.

Steps to reproduce:

Grab the docker from Community Apps.
During the initial container install switch to advanced view, and add --runtime=nvidia to the end of the list.
Add a new variable "NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES" with the value set to "all"
Click done, and let the docker install.
Open a console for the docker.
echo "nvidia_smi: yes" >> /etc/netdata/python.d.conf
Restart the docker.
Enjoy.

But even with that I cant see nvidia-smi in the docker from the console. I have a folding at home docker and that can see nvidia-smi with no issues but I cant seem to get it to work with the netdata docker. Others have also had this issue with the docker. Are we doing something wrong?

Steps I have tried:

Just one gpu

Uninstalling and reinstalling apps, dockers, plugins,

Passing through individual UUIDs of cards rather than just "all"

Running scrips mentioned by others to make sure the correct config is edited

I even went as far as installing random dockers and putting in the above variable and parameters and nvidia-smi worked in them....

Edited by Markland
be more inclusive
42 minutes ago, aussben said:

Has anyone got a NVidia GT730 card working? I see it's in the supported driver list but mine doesn't show up. 

13 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

I can't see it on this list https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix so you won't likely be able to use it for transcoding even if it did show up I'm afraid.

GT 730 is on that list, but anything older than previous gen cards are hidden... you need to press the button under "For a complete list, click on the buttons below to open the complete tables"

Well, for the first time, I am now too getting the dreaded Warning: file_get_contents(https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/?prefix=unraid-nvidia/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Unraid-Nvidia/include/exec.php on line 45

etc.

I checked it yesterday, was needing to do some encoding so thought I'd try running it, and it worked, but the server was busy, so thought I'd do this morning.  This morning it says this.  That to me says it something external to our networks and more common to the digital ocean side.  I don't run pi-hole or any kind of filtering.  It's direct to internet.  It's a Gigabit Fibre Optic connection and no updates have been applied to the firewall since yesterday.  Just thought this might help to narrow down the cause for someone at some point.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Markland said:

image.thumb.png.30744d75f094811d24bf89cfe07b0a25.png

First specs:

unraid 6.8.2 - from the version from the unraid nvidia plugin

threadripper 1950X

128GB Ram

3 x gtx970

1 x quadro 2000

Hi Guys. I just have a quick question for everyone using the netdata docker in conjunction with unraid nvidia and also everyone else :). I have been trying to pass through my gpus to netdata for like the last 2 weeks trying all different kinds of steps like putting in the correct extra parameters into the docker. I followed what others have done like:

But even with that I cant see nvidia-smi in the docker from the console. I have a folding at home docker and that can see nvidia-smi with no issues but I cant seem to get it to work with the netdata docker. Others have also had this issue with the docker. Are we doing something wrong?

Steps I have tried:

Just one gpu

Uninstalling and reinstalling apps, dockers, plugins,

Passing through individual UUIDs of cards rather than just "all"

Running scrips mentioned by others to make sure the correct config is edited

I even went as far as installing random dockers and putting in the above variable and parameters and nvidia-smi worked in them....

nvidia-smi is provided by the nvidia docker runtime. On your netdata docker are you using --runtime=nvidia in the additional parameters? If not it won't have nvidia-smi.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, Xaero said:

nvidia-smi is provided by the nvidia docker runtime. On your netdata docker are you using --runtime=nvidia in the additional parameters? If not it won't have nvidia-smi.

I did add the --runtime=nvidia and it didnt work. I was able to get it to work with another container the has a glib added.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:44 PM, Markland said:

Guys I posted this on Reddit and got it to work by using a different docker. Linked is the Reddit thread. And what I did:

"I took D34DC3N73R's docker and shoved it in Data-monkey aka roland's template from the CA Hub and tada it works. :D All of my gpus that support nvidia-smi showed up! Now onto custom configs and things. Muahahaha!"

I dont know if everything works but it seems to be!

D34DC3N73R's docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/d34dc3n73r/netdata-glibc

2 hours ago, Markland said:

I did add the --runtime=nvidia and it didnt work. I was able to get it to work with another container the has a glib added.

Interesting, admittedly I don't use the docker myself, the glibc dependency must have either changed or been removed so it doesn't work anymore. Good that you got it working!

• Like 1

Hi,

I don't know if I met a bug or it's just the way it is. I appreciate any comment or idea.

So my graphic card is a gigabyte 1650super windforce which should have their fans stop under certain temperature.  The weird thing here is that whenever I start emby in docker, the fan speed is 0(which is right). However, whenever emby is not started, fan speed will be at about 60% and temperature below 30 celcius. I tried to type in nvidia-smi -l in ssh when emby is not started and the fan stops in a few seconds, and it keeps that way as long as nvidia-smi -l runs in background, but if I hit ctrl+C to stop the nvidia-smi -l from running, the fan speed again goes up to 60%.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, deaerator said:

Is it possible to use the Nvidia runtime Docker container instead of the plugin? 

Negative. The plugin is needed to install the nvidia-unraid build to the usb boot drive. Without this plugin Nvidia GPUs wouldn't work at all with unraid.

• trurl locked this topic