[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

49 minutes ago, phiko73 said:

Hey all! I am hoping that someone may have an explanation for the issue I am facing.

I recently purchased a Lenovo Nvidia P400 and was attempting to install it, but I have run into a couple of issues. Here is what I did:

1. Upon boot, it appeared as though the system was defaulting to the PEG, which made it not possible to view the Motherboard startup sequence, or Unraid startup sequence where I log in to the system. I just waited a certain amount of time so that I knew I was at the password portion, typed my password blind, and success! Booted successfully into Unraid.

2. I went to install the Nvidia plugin, but when I went to install the Unraid version, the Plugin interface just sat on "Updating Available Builds". It never loaded past that part, no matter what settings or how ever many restarts I conducted.

3. I checked to see if there were any additional settings associated with my motherboard that is required for this card, but I couldn't seem to find anything. The card is seated correctly, and the PCI-E power from the PSU is connected to the motherboard (card doesn't have a direct connection).

4. Without the card installed, the system boots appropriately into Unraid including the appearance of the Motherboard and Unraid startup sequences

Here is some info about my set-up for ease of diagnosing:

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Plus

CPU: Intel Celeron G4900

GPU: Lenovo Nvidia P400***

-PCI Express Graphics set as primary boot device

-Integrated graphics multi-monitor is enabled

The only thing that I can think of as being an issue with this is that it is a Lenovo card instead of a PNY. Not sure how different the cards are in terms of compatibility, but I might also be missing something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'd like to give a little update as I search around the interwebs for solutions:

The issue with the system "accepting" the GPU appears to be simply using the wrong I/O connection for the monitor. I am not at home right now to be able to test it, but considering the system is able to start despite the sequence not being displayed tells me this is likely the case.

Something I am seeing when folks are having issues communicating with the server is their MTU. Mine is currently set to 9000, and I am hearing that this should be kept below 1500 (1492 or something).

Could the 9000 interfere with the build retrieval? 

22 minutes ago, phiko73 said:

I'd like to give a little update as I search around the interwebs for solutions:

The issue with the system "accepting" the GPU appears to be simply using the wrong I/O connection for the monitor. I am not at home right now to be able to test it, but considering the system is able to start despite the sequence not being displayed tells me this is likely the case.

Something I am seeing when folks are having issues communicating with the server is their MTU. Mine is currently set to 9000, and I am hearing that this should be kept below 1500 (1492 or something).

Could the 9000 interfere with the build retrieval? 

Yes, the MTU is the issue. Set it back to default to be able to download the build.

30 minutes ago, saarg said:

Can you post the full  output of lspci -k?

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 Host Bridge
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 Host Bridge
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (ext gfx port 0)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780/RS880 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 0)
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780/RS880 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 1)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 2)
00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
        Kernel driver in use: ohci-pci
00:12.1 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.1 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 3c)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd GA-MA770-DS3rev2.0 Motherboard
        Kernel modules: i2c_piix4
00:14.1 IDE interface: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 IDE Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 IDE Controller
        Kernel driver in use: pata_atiixp
        Kernel modules: pata_atiixp
00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller
00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge
00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 3
        Kernel driver in use: k10temp
        Kernel modules: k10temp
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 4
        Kernel driver in use: fam15h_power
        Kernel modules: fam15h_power
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 5
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 4000] (rev a3)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company GF100GL [Quadro 4000]
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF100 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company GF100 High Definition Audio Controller
02:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VL805 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd VL805 USB 3.0 Host Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e
        Kernel modules: e1000e
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0c)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Onboard Ethernet
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169

39 minutes ago, Janus said:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 Host Bridge
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 Host Bridge
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (ext gfx port 0)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780/RS880 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 0)
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780/RS880 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 1)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 2)
00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci
00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.1 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.1 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 3c)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd GA-MA770-DS3rev2.0 Motherboard
        Kernel modules: i2c_piix4
00:14.1 IDE interface: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 IDE Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 IDE Controller
        Kernel driver in use: pata_atiixp
        Kernel modules: pata_atiixp
00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller
00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge
00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 3
        Kernel driver in use: k10temp
        Kernel modules: k10temp
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 4
        Kernel driver in use: fam15h_power
        Kernel modules: fam15h_power
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 5
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 4000] (rev a3)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company GF100GL [Quadro 4000]
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF100 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company GF100 High Definition Audio Controller
02:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VL805 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd VL805 USB 3.0 Host Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e
        Kernel modules: e1000e
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0c)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Onboard Ethernet
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169

I don't see anything wrong. Not sure what the issue is.

I don't really have any good suggestions. Check if the bios'es are up to date on motherboard and GPU. Maybe try to change slots or boot into uefi.

I see the GPU is HP branded, so might be something special with regards to drivers for it?

Edited by saarg

Has the hosting location changed? lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com no longer appears to exist. As a result, the plugin fails to populate a list for the download & install portion.

$ ping lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
ping: cannot resolve lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com: Unknown host
$ nslookup lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
Server: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53

** server can't find lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com: NXDOMAIN

I can access digitaloceanspaces.com and digitalocean.com just fine..

$ ping -c3 digitaloceanspaces.com
PING digitaloceanspaces.com (104.28.0.176): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 104.28.0.176: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=32.374 ms
64 bytes from 104.28.0.176: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=35.279 ms
64 bytes from 104.28.0.176: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=38.662 ms

--- digitaloceanspaces.com ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 32.374/35.438/38.662/2.570 ms

$ ping -c3 digitalocean.com
PING digitalocean.com (104.16.181.15): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 104.16.181.15: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=25.418 ms
64 bytes from 104.16.181.15: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=26.105 ms
64 bytes from 104.16.181.15: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=25.647 ms

--- digitalocean.com ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 25.418/25.723/26.105/0.286 ms

Edited by magn2o
10 hours ago, saarg said:

I don't see anything wrong. Not sure what the issue is.

Sorry to bother you again. But I just realized that UnRAID 6.8.3 Nvidia driver (440.59) does not support Quadro 4000. The latest version of Nvidia supporting Quadro 4000 appears to be 340.108.

For that, I have 2 question:

As far as I understand, when you install a "Nvidia Unraid Builds", you have a specific version of Nvidia driver compiled into it. Right ? Is it possible to have a chart of the Nvidia driver version compiled by each "Nvidia Unraid Builds". To find the version with 340.108 ?

If my first assumption is correct, I imagine the version of UnRAID I will have to use will be an old one ... In this case, may I install/compile my own version for the Nvidia driver into the latest version of UnRAID ? and, it will be on UnRAID directly or in my PLEX docker ?

I didn't find answer to my question by searching the Forum (but i have no talent to search on a forum) or Google.

Thank you very much again, and again.

5 hours ago, Janus said:

Sorry to bother you again. But I just realized that UnRAID 6.8.3 Nvidia driver (440.59) does not support Quadro 4000. The latest version of Nvidia supporting Quadro 4000 appears to be 340.108.

As far as I understand, when you install a "Nvidia Unraid Builds", you have a specific version of Nvidia driver compiled into it. Right ? Is it possible to have a chart of the Nvidia driver version compiled by each "Nvidia Unraid Builds". To find the version with 340.108 ?

If my first assumption is correct, I imagine the version of UnRAID I will have to use will be an old one ... In this case, may I install/compile my own version for the Nvidia driver into the latest version of UnRAID ? and, it will be on UnRAID directly or in my PLEX docker ?

I didn't find answer to my question by searching the Forum (but i have no talent to search on a forum) or Google.

You just have to check the versions you can choose from in the plugin. I don't know which driver version is in the different builds. You also get an older unraid version by doing that.

If you have trouble searching on the forum (it's a bit useless) or using google, I don't think you will be able to compile your own version.

Your best option is to get a card that is still supported.

So I installed my new gpu in to my Unraid server (GTX 1650), installed your plugin, and configured Plex to use my gpu. I didn't hack the driver just installed the one your plugin uses but I was still able to go over the 2 stream limit. Did I miss something? I thought you could only have 2 streams. 

image.png

49 minutes ago, Nixis198 said:

So I installed my new gpu in to my Unraid server (GTX 1650), installed your plugin, and configured Plex to use my gpu. I didn't hack the driver just installed the one your plugin uses but I was still able to go over the 2 stream limit. Did I miss something? I thought you could only have 2 streams. 

image.png

Nvidia upped the limit to 3 due to Covid-19. Not sure if it's just for a limited time or permanent.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Janus said:

Check the nvidia support site https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

Chances are - the card is quite old - and does not provide very good video encoding and decoding support.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, joeloooiz said:

So this got me thinking - I have my default route set on a 10 Gb interface. I've got a four port daughter card (2x 10 Gb, 2x Gb) so I changed the default route to a gigabit port that uses a standard MTU size (1500 whereas the 10 Gb runs at 9000 MTU). 

Once I did that it worked perfectly first time. Thanks so much for the help!

Thank you for this post.  My issue cleared up as soon as I changed MTU from 9014 to 1500, even though I am also on a 10GB network.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:05 AM, bytchslappa said:

Check the nvidia support site https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

Chances are - the card is quite old - and does not provide very good video encoding and decoding support.

Thanks for the link. I already have it and it is very usefull. But, is there a possibility, or a way to know wich one is better. At first look, GeForce almost look to have same performance (except  and + with "HEVC B Frame support") and majority of Quadro with "Unrestructed concurent session".

But i'm almost sure it's not all. Do we have some test of maximum of concurrent transcode in plex, or other data ?

If I have choice between GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1650 or a Quadro P600, on this link, they looks the same. And I'm almost sure they're not in fact.

Thanks,

Edited by Janus

hi have some problems with my unraid i have two GPU nvidia, and what is happening is very strange, i want the first gpu to transcode with Unraid Nvidia to use on plex Docker, and the other gpu to a gaming VM, but the problem is, when i start the plex, the plex dont use the card i sign but the second card, i config everything correcly, before i put the second card i had this working, but now is doing this. and when i try to start the vm with plex turn off the server crash. how can i force the Unraid Nvidia to use only one card and forget the other?

15 minutes ago, luixmod said:

hi have some problems with my unraid i have two GPU nvidia, and what is happening is very strange, i want the first gpu to transcode with Unraid Nvidia to use on plex Docker, and the other gpu to a gaming VM, but the problem is, when i start the plex, the plex dont use the card i sign but the second card, i config everything correcly, before i put the second card i had this working, but now is doing this. and when i try to start the vm with plex turn off the server crash. how can i force the Unraid Nvidia to use only one card and forget the other?

You need to stub the GPU that you want to pass through using the VFIO Pci config plugin and it might work if the two GPU's are in different IOMMU groups.

• trurl locked this topic