[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

2 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

I just installed but it says 

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running. 

What do I need to do?

Did you also download the Nvidia build and reboot your server?

6 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

Yep did that, tried restarting a couple times in fact. I'm thinking it's because the drivers are old but I don't see how to update them. Currently it has driver 440.44

I just installed Unraid Nvidia and have the same problem. My drivers are 440.59 though not 440.44. I do have the same NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

4 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

1050 ti

The drivers in 6.8.3 will work fine with the 1050ti (i use one myself) - the drivers in 6.9.0 beta30 are better for current builds of Plex (if that is the use case)
from terminal run lspci -k this will show the devices found - for example a 1050ti might come up like this in the list:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

If its not showing - either the card itself could be busted - the card might need a monitor or dummy hdmi installed - or the other I have seen that its not actually a 1050ti - but some wish/aliexpress/dodgy ebay special thats not actually a 1050ti :P oh and make sure you are not booting into GUI mode either :)

On 10/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, endiz said:

To answer my own question, looks like plex now requires nvidia drivers 450.66 and up for NVENC to work. Looks like i'll have to wait for 6.9.0 to go stable before updating my drivers.

Hi all,

this is a real problem in plex for using an NVIDIA card for encoding (decoding work fine) is there anyway to update the drivers to 450.66 ? ???

im Currently on 440.59

thanks all!

D.

1 hour ago, Big Dan T said:

Hi all,

this is a real problem in plex for using an NVIDIA card for encoding (decoding work fine) is there anyway to update the drivers to 450.66 ? ???

im Currently on 440.59

thanks all!

D.

Yes...the Beta is currently using the updated drivers

23 hours ago, Big Dan T said:

Hi all,

im Currently on 440.59

thanks all!

D.

Go Beta 6.9 (have personally been using for beta 29 and beta 30 and its been stable for MY usage)

or not run the unraid nvidia build and use this to build a kernel with the current drivers and a bunch of other stuff if you require it.. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 3:37 AM, bytchslappa said:

The drivers in 6.8.3 will work fine with the 1050ti (i use one myself) - the drivers in 6.9.0 beta30 are better for current builds of Plex (if that is the use case)
from terminal run lspci -k this will show the devices found - for example a 1050ti might come up like this in the list:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]

If its not showing - either the card itself could be busted - the card might need a monitor or dummy hdmi installed - or the other I have seen that its not actually a 1050ti - but some wish/aliexpress/dodgy ebay special thats not actually a 1050ti :P oh and make sure you are not booting into GUI mode either :)

I'm seeing the correct output for my P400 but I'm still not able to get unraid nvidia to see my card

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P400] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P400]

I'm completely stumped as to why this isn't working for me. I just updated my BIOS to no avail.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, K1ng0011 said:

I have two questions. Anyone know if you can pass the nvidia GPU to the Channels DVR docker? Is is possible to pass the GPU to two separate docker containers at the same time or will that cause an issue?

I can answer the second one. I don't know what Channels DVR is or have ever used it. 

You can pass the GPU to a VM "or" Docker(s). So yes, multiple supported dockers will work. I use my p2000 for Plex, unmanic, and foldingathome at the same time. 

• trurl locked this topic