Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

2433 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I just upgraded to 6.8.0 and upon reboot was not able to access the server - it was not getting an IP address assigned to it. Tried a few reboot and same issue. Then I removed my GTX760 card and things started working.

 

Updated Unraid NVidia to 6.8.0, re-installed the card, and now having the same issue again where Unraid is not getting an IP.

 

Am I looking for help in the right place? hah.

Share this post


Link to post

After I first upgraded to Unraid Nvidia 6.8rc9 it took a couple of minutes after the server booted up for me to get to the webUI, I could ping the server but just had to wait a bit to access the UI.  Today when I upgrade to the 6.8 release I didn't notice the delay the UI refreshed tot he server login dialog fairly quickly. Try pinging the host to see if the network interface is alive.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.0 done and uploaded.

 

Actually I did it last night but fell asleep on the sofa waiting for it to finish compiling and have just tested it after getting back from work tonight.

image.png.d57862a203809c8041e69db0f360f4f4.png

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, torch2k said:

I just upgraded to 6.8.0 and upon reboot was not able to access the server - it was not getting an IP address assigned to it. Tried a few reboot and same issue. Then I removed my GTX760 card and things started working.

 

Updated Unraid NVidia to 6.8.0, re-installed the card, and now having the same issue again where Unraid is not getting an IP.

 

Am I looking for help in the right place? hah.

I'm not sure if your first update to 6.8 was stock unraid or the nvidia build, but if it was stock unraid, report the issue in the bug area.

If you haven't tested stock unraid, try that first and see if the same issue is there.

Edited by saarg

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, torch2k said:

I just upgraded to 6.8.0 and upon reboot was not able to access the server - it was not getting an IP address assigned to it. Tried a few reboot and same issue. Then I removed my GTX760 card and things started working.

 

Updated Unraid NVidia to 6.8.0, re-installed the card, and now having the same issue again where Unraid is not getting an IP.

 

Am I looking for help in the right place? hah.

Nowhere near enough information to say.  I agree with @saarg try stock Unraid, if it's still an issue then post a bug report.

 

If it works on stock Unraid, then I'd need to know what NIC you're using on the chance it's one of the OOT drivers, as that's really the only thing I can think of.  The fact it works if you remove your card suggests that it's not a NIC issue though, sounds more hardware related.

 

However someone else has reported it as working with a GTX760.

Share this post


Link to post

I just installed nvidia version 6.8.0 RC-9

 

Trying to setup the Nvidia container for PLEX, but it will not hardware transcode and when I type "watch nvidia-smi" into the terminal I get the following message: "failed to initialize NVML: Unknown Error".  Has anyone seen this? Any workaround?

 

- I have Plex Pass LSIO docker image installed

- The issue seems to be that the 1050ti I have is not clearly seen by the OS as "watch nvidia-smi" isn't working

- I have a windows VM that I passthrough this Video card to, But as far as my research goes, if the VM is turned off there should be no issues.

Edited by weezzer008

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, weezzer008 said:

I just installed nvidia version 6.8.0 RC-9

 

Trying to setup the Nvidia container for PLEX, but it will not hardware transcode and when I type "watch nvidia-smi" into the terminal I get the following message: "failed to initialize NVML: Unknown Error".  Has anyone seen this? Any workaround?

What have you done so far?

What video card are you using?

 

Make sure:

 

1) put all required parameters in the plex image container of your choice. ( recommend LSIO )

2) Use plexpass version of plex

3) Have a plexpass subscription or memebership

4) don't copy and paste parameters from forum. (hand type or copy and paste to a notepad program first)

5) check HW transcoding box in your plex settings. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok strange as it is working! plex docker starts which it would not if not seeing the gpu and just did watch nvidia-smi and it is transcoding a stream i started.

Annotation 2019-12-13 174420.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-13 174557.jpg

Edited by turnipisum

Share this post


Link to post

After recently discovering the work you guys have done, i've added a GTX 1050 to my unraid server.  I have the LSIO Emby docker setup and in my transcoding settings can see the GPU detected as a hardware encoder/decoder but when i attempt to convert any files they still use the CPU. I have posted on the Emby forum but been told Docker support is still not officially supported so wondering if anyone else can shed some light on it

ffmpeg-transcode-3f02cb60-8ceb-4c5b-a955-93ebea7194ed_1.txt

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, reggierat said:

After recently discovering the work you guys have done, i've added a GTX 1050 to my unraid server.  I have the LSIO Emby docker setup and in my transcoding settings can see the GPU detected as a hardware encoder/decoder but when i attempt to convert any files they still use the CPU. I have posted on the Emby forum but been told Docker support is still not officially supported so wondering if anyone else can shed some light on it

ffmpeg-transcode-3f02cb60-8ceb-4c5b-a955-93ebea7194ed_1.txt 171.15 kB · 0 downloads

I don't use Emby but I've read on here you need Emby Premier. Are you a premier member?

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, rmeaux said:

I don't use Emby but I've read on here you need Emby Premier. Are you a premier member?

 

I am 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, reggierat said:

After recently discovering the work you guys have done, i've added a GTX 1050 to my unraid server.  I have the LSIO Emby docker setup and in my transcoding settings can see the GPU detected as a hardware encoder/decoder but when i attempt to convert any files they still use the CPU. I have posted on the Emby forum but been told Docker support is still not officially supported so wondering if anyone else can shed some light on it

ffmpeg-transcode-3f02cb60-8ceb-4c5b-a955-93ebea7194ed_1.txt 171.15 kB · 0 downloads

Need more info.

 

Post screenshots of your Emby webui settings for transcoding.  Also post your docker run command.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, reggierat said:

how do i find my docker run command?

 

There's a link in my sig, you may need to change your forum settings to enable signatures

Share this post


Link to post

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='emby' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-2c8cd41b-4bf5-73dc-1eff-96d27d64113b' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8096:8096/tcp' -p '8920:8920/tcp' -p '1900:1900/udp' -p '7359:7359/udp' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/emby':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/emby' 

69b8eaa2900c8a47ae13dfb6fd0b19acdf3db7e05a015f5b0b24f9b88977525c

 

 

transcode.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, reggierat said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='emby' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-2c8cd41b-4bf5-73dc-1eff-96d27d64113b' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8096:8096/tcp' -p '8920:8920/tcp' -p '1900:1900/udp' -p '7359:7359/udp' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/emby':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/emby' 

69b8eaa2900c8a47ae13dfb6fd0b19acdf3db7e05a015f5b0b24f9b88977525c

 

 

transcode.JPG

 

You need to RTFM....  ;)

 

You're missing --runtime=nvidia from your docker run command as mentioned in the instructions.  So you're passing through the card, but you aren't telling the container to use the nvidia docker runtime.

 

EDIT:  Actually I'm not so sure the instructions are that clear.  My bad.....

 

EDIT2:  Although it does include it on the Docker template.

 

2019-12-13_20-58.png.639266cde6a9a130d8be22ff5d35fb7a.png

Edited by CHBMB

Share this post


Link to post

I found it confusing, as i had it in their previously.

 

Then i deleted the container and added it back and the info was missing from the template

snip.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, reggierat said:

I found it confusing, as i had it in their previously.

 

Then i deleted the container and added it back and the info was missing from the template

snip.JPG

All sorted now though right?

Share this post


Link to post

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='emby' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-2c8cd41b-4bf5-73dc-1eff-96d27d64113b' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8096:8096/tcp' -p '8920:8920/tcp' -p '1900:1900/udp' -p '7359:7359/udp' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/emby':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/emby' 

9cd52be25d822572dc4e5b54e16033f144f0afcddf59d438768d1e9224966f29

 

 

Still hitting the CPU

ffmpeg-transcode-069afe13-e1b1-438b-b6db-b01a2e627c6e_1.txt

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.