[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.2 uploaded.

Delayed for a few reasons, had problems (and still do) with the nvidia container runtime, worked around it in the end, but not a long term solution looking forward, I'm working like a dog at the moment as my current real life job finishes in 2 days and I'm having to put a ton of extra hours in, wife a bit ungainly at the moment as very heavily pregnant so I'm having to do a bit more for our existing beast, and to add to that bass_rock has been away for work, so kind of a perfect storm of not having much time to sit down with this, although I have been trying to get it working every chance I've had.

Anyways, I've tested this version, think everything is working, and I believe all the out of tree drivers are squared away.  Last version (v6.8.1) might have been missing the Intel 1gb driver as I hadn't realised that it was different to the 10gb driver.

Thankyou.

5 hours ago, Cessquill said:

Be aware that 6.8.1 has an issue with the intel drivers that *can* lock your system on boot (not every boot and it is the same with stock Unraid).  Mine had that issue, so I'm on 6.8.0.

I had the boot problem with the 6.8.1 version and am glad to see it did not happen with the new 6.8.2 version, thanks for all the hard work update went well

I'm getting extremely slow SMB speeds.  Could be something else, but thought I'd mention it.  27 minutes to copy 600MB across a gigabit connection (27 photos).

SMB is so tiring, trying to keep it running right between Mac, Windows and Linux.  It's endlessly breaking down and going slow.  You notice it more when you have photos or something like that stored across it.  I wish someone would just go ahead and create a new open protocol that brought the best of each worlds e.g NFS / SMB / AFP.

Edited by Marshalleq
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.2 uploaded.

Delayed for a few reasons, had problems (and still do) with the nvidia container runtime, worked around it in the end, but not a long term solution looking forward, I'm working like a dog at the moment as my current real life job finishes in 2 days and I'm having to put a ton of extra hours in, wife a bit ungainly at the moment as very heavily pregnant so I'm having to do a bit more for our existing beast, and to add to that bass_rock has been away for work, so kind of a perfect storm of not having much time to sit down with this, although I have been trying to get it working every chance I've had.

Anyways, I've tested this version, think everything is working, and I believe all the out of tree drivers are squared away.  Last version (v6.8.1) might have been missing the Intel 1gb driver as I hadn't realised that it was different to the 10gb driver.

Thank you! Very much appreciated 

4 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

I'm getting extremely slow SMB speeds.  Could be something else, but thought I'd mention it.  27 minutes to copy 600MB across a gigabit connection (27 photos).

SMB is so tiring, trying to keep it running right between Mac, Windows and Linux.  It's endlessly breaking down and going slow.  You notice it more when you have photos or something like that stored across it.  I wish someone would just go ahead and create a new open protocol that brought the best of each worlds e.g NFS / SMB / AFP.

standards.png

• Like 1

Upgraded to 6.8.2 this morning and now i am unable to connect to my system. I have a static IP on the system and a reservation in my router for it. 

I was able to boot into GUI mode and still not able to access anything.  Any Help would be appreciated. I have already done the following:

Rebooted the System ( 3 times)

Checked for Connectivity on the server ports (both light show connection)

rebooted the Router

Removed the Routers configure ( thinking maybe something was wrong there)

Removed the extra connections on the system ( i have a broadcom dual GIG nic)

i would love to give a system report but im not sure how to get you one if i cant get to the GUI

thanks in advanced

17 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.2 uploaded.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Any particular details you can share on the nvidia container run-time issues you have experienced? Anything that we should be wary of?

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, ezhik said:

Thank you, much appreciated.

Any particular details you can share on the nvidia container run-time issues you have experienced? Anything that we should be wary of?

Cheers.

Just build related issues I believe, nothing that would affect the enduser

Edited by aptalca
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, 08deanr said:

Upgraded to 6.8.2 this morning and now i am unable to connect to my system. I have a static IP on the system and a reservation in my router for it. 

I was able to boot into GUI mode and still not able to access anything.  Any Help would be appreciated. I have already done the following:

Rebooted the System ( 3 times)

Checked for Connectivity on the server ports (both light show connection)

rebooted the Router

Removed the Routers configure ( thinking maybe something was wrong there)

Removed the extra connections on the system ( i have a broadcom dual GIG nic)

i would love to give a system report but im not sure how to get you one if i cant get to the GUI

thanks in advanced

So it boots, up and you can go into the GUI in local mode, but it freezes and you can't click on anything?

4 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

So it boots, up and you can go into the GUI in local mode, but it freezes and you can't click on anything?

no freeze im able to use command line if i have a Keyboard, mouse  and monitor plugged into the server. but even booted into GUI mode im still not able to see the interface. all i get is destination unreachable. 

1 minute ago, 08deanr said:

no freeze im able to use command line if i have a Keyboard, mouse  and monitor plugged into the server. but even booted into GUI mode im still not able to see the interface. all i get is destination unreachable. 

OK, so you're saying the NIC (network card) is not recognised and therefore you must log in locally.  You're saying this happened after upgrading the firmware.  I've seen various reports that there's some NIC drivers missing or similar from a few firmware releases.  I'd suggest you log in locally and downgrade the firmware to whatever worked for you before.  Given you don't have a network card working, to do this, you can copy the relevant files to the usb boot key in the /config folder I think via another computer.  There are instructions on this forum somewhere that just right now I can't find.  I think you search for downgrade unraid firmware.  Someone else can probably point you in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

OK, so you're saying the NIC (network card) is not recognised and therefore you must log in locally.  You're saying this happened after upgrading the firmware.  I've seen various reports that there's some NIC drivers missing or similar from a few firmware releases.  I'd suggest you log in locally and downgrade the firmware to whatever worked for you before.  Given you don't have a network card working, to do this, you can copy the relevant files to the usb boot key in the /config folder I think via another computer.  There are instructions on this forum somewhere that just right now I can't find.  I think you search for downgrade unraid firmware.  Someone else can probably point you in the right direction.

Kinda what i was afraid of, But being this is a newer x570 board i would have thought i would have been alright but guess not.... 

Normally you would be, you could try the official one and the unraid one and see if one works better than the other.  They don't tend to remove drivers, usually it's by accident.  I suspect it's only in the unraid firmware,  but could be wrong.  You could also try deleting your network config in the config directory, it might come back to life. 

7 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

Normally you would be, you could try the official one and the unraid one and see if one works better than the other.  They don't tend to remove drivers, usually it's by accident.  I suspect it's only in the unraid firmware,  but could be wrong.  You could also try deleting your network config in the config directory, it might come back to life. 

Tried the delete of the network Config and got the same issue. Ended up going with the true Unraid one and all is well now, So it seems that the driver was removed for some reason. Is there a way i can see what driver is being used?

50 minutes ago, tknx said:

Any word on the issue - I don't want to upgrade if drivers are missing (don't have time to troubleshoot if things go wrong).

Also, is there a reason why they can't be mainstreamed into Unraid?

i sent a message to someone on the Linux|Server.io  but i doubt anything will be done as they stat there wouldn't be incremental updates

Edited by 08deanr
15 hours ago, 08deanr said:

Tried the delete of the network Config and got the same issue. Ended up going with the true Unraid one and all is well now, So it seems that the driver was removed for some reason. Is there a way i can see what driver is being used?

lsmod will list currently loaded modules.

• trurl locked this topic