[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

20 hours ago, saarg said:

The GPU is probably stubbed. Check which module is loaded with lspci -k

04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device 3850
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia
04:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
04:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1aec (rev a1)
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
04:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1)

2 hours ago, blackbunt said:

04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1)
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia
04:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
04:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1aec (rev a1)
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
04:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1)

What is the actual problem? You only said it doesn't work.

Hi,

I am trying to install the drivers on my machine and it just halts after trying to start downloading bzroot-gui. I have tried a few times now and it stalls at the same place each time. When I go back to stock build it download and copies without errors.

Now installing Nvidia version 6.8.3

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-nvidia/6-8-3/nvidia

TO AVOID CORRUPTION
DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW UNTIL YOU SEE THE DONE PROMPT

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ...

Any idea what the problem might be?

Br,

EDIT: This seemed to be caused by the DNS server. I use a local installation of Pi-Hole as DNS. After changing to 1.1.1.1 it worked.

Edited by RecycledBits
Found the solution
22 hours ago, saarg said:

Then I don't know what could be the problem.

You could try to switch slots or try connecting a monitor and see if that helps.

Switching slots is sadly not possible, got just one. I'll try the monitor option :) thx!

edit:

tried different Monitors dp and hdmi-didn‘t work. I also tried a 1660 super - also no luck. It seems somethings wrong with my mobo.

Edited by blackbunt

Any one have an issue where after transcoding is done the fans on the video card don't stop running? 

I've noticed unless I restart the Plex container they just continously run.

Any idea how to solve this issue besides restarting the container?

Nvm, didn't see the above post

Edited by Roken
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a little help, I am seeing this within my Jellyfin container. I am passing through the gpu properly, but I enabled a new tone mapping feature that requires OpenCL. This should work right?

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x561dcd631340] Failed to get number of OpenCL platforms: -1001. 
Device creation failed: -19. Failed to set value 'opencl=ocl:0.0' for option 'init_hw_device': No such device 
Error parsing global options: No such device

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 3.17.10 PM.png

Edited by cryzis
2 hours ago, cryzis said:

Looking for a little help, I am seeing this within my Jellyfin container. I am passing through the gpu properly, but I enabled a new tone mapping feature that requires OpenCL. This should work right?

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x561dcd631340] Failed to get number of OpenCL platforms: -1001. 
Device creation failed: -19. Failed to set value 'opencl=ocl:0.0' for option 'init_hw_device': No such device 
Error parsing global options: No such device

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 3.17.10 PM.png

I don't think the image supports opencl. What feature is that?

1 hour ago, aptalca said:

I don't think the image supports opencl. What feature is that?

This is brand new tone mapping during transcode feature that will be released in the upcoming 10.7.0 release of jellyfin. See PR#3442 . I have been running Jellyfin:unstable and have been waiting to test this out but I guess the image doesn't support OpenCL :(

4 hours ago, cryzis said:

This is brand new tone mapping during transcode feature that will be released in the upcoming 10.7.0 release of jellyfin. See PR#3442 . I have been running Jellyfin:unstable and have been waiting to test this out but I guess the image doesn't support OpenCL :(

We'll look into it. It probably just needs some opencl packages added. We have other images that do that.

4 hours ago, cryzis said:

Can you exec into the container and install the package "ocl-icd-opencl-dev", restart and see if it works?

3 hours ago, cryzis said:

I installed "ocl-icd-opencl-dev" into the jellyfin container and restarted. Still seeing the same issue.

Ok I got it working, I added the below repo and used aptitude to install "nvidia-opencl-icd"

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, cryzis said:

Ok I got it working, I added the below repo and used aptitude to install "nvidia-opencl-icd"

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

It's better to use an ubuntu package since we are using an ubuntu base image.

14 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.9.0 beta29 uploaded.

can the stable ver 6.8.3 get the latest nvidia drivers?

PLEX betas (and likely next stable) now require 450.66 or later drivers to keep nvenc operational -- hw transcoding is broken on latest versions because of this.

i prefer to not run betas, so essentially i am stuck on a previous working plex version (1.20.1.3252-1-01)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/j0bzu1/it_was_working_before_but_now_im_having_issues/

https://forums.plex.tv/t/help-fixing-my-broken-nvidia-nvenc-driver-config-ubuntu-20-04/637854

https://forums.plex.tv/t/nvenc-hardware-encoding-broken-on-1-20-2-3370/637925

Edited by therapist
  • Like 5

I just installed 6.9.0-beta29 [haven't run any encode / decode yet] and it looks like my card is in the P0 state after booting. I've attached a screen shot from the GPU plugin.

Sorry, really new to this. Is this expected?

UPDATE: Just did a HW transcode w/in Plex. As soon as the transcode stopped, the GPU went to P8. Is there a way I can get the GPU to P8 w/o having to run a transcode?

Screenshot 2020-10-04 120735.jpg

Edited by tkenn1s
On 10/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, tkenn1s said:

UPDATE: Just did a HW transcode w/in Plex. As soon as the transcode stopped, the GPU went to P8. Is there a way I can get the GPU to P8 w/o having to run a transcode?

Apparently this is expected whenever you're running headless. You can force your GPU into P8 by:

1. Enabling a dummy X-server
  2. Installing and running Nvidia's persistenced daemon
  3. Toggling persistence mode using nvidia-smi from /boot/config/go

I opted for #3 since I didn't want to have a bunch of stuff running just to get to a lower power mode. I added the following to the go file and it now boots into power state P8.

# enable nvidia persistence mode
if [ -x /usr/bin/nvidia-smi ]; then
  /usr/bin/nvidia-smi -pm 1
fi

• Like 2
  • trurl locked this topic