[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia


2468 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 10/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, endiz said:

To answer my own question, looks like plex now requires nvidia drivers 450.66 and up for NVENC to work. Looks like i'll have to wait for 6.9.0 to go stable before updating my drivers.

While waiting for 6.9.0 to go stable, does it make sense to revert Plex back to a version before this requirement, or is that version to far back and would mess up the docker trying to revert back to it?  Sorry if this is a noob question, this all still feels new to me.

 

I had been wanting to installed a quadro for a couple months now, and I finally did today not realizing this was an issue.  I have my LSIO Plex docker on auto update so I passed that version by a couple of version, and was thinking about reverting it back before this requirement but wasn't sure if there was a reason not to.

Link to post
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DEPRECATED

v6.8.2 uploaded.   Delayed for a few reasons, had problems (and still do) with the nvidia container runtime, worked around it in the end, but not a long term solution looking forward, I'm wo

DEPRECATED

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

I just installed but it says 

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running. 

 

What do I need to do?

Did you also download the Nvidia build and reboot your server?

Link to post
8 hours ago, saarg said:

Did you also download the Nvidia build and reboot your server?

Yep did that, tried restarting a couple times in fact. I'm thinking it's because the drivers are old but I don't see how to update them. Currently it has driver 440.44

Link to post
6 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

Yep did that, tried restarting a couple times in fact. I'm thinking it's because the drivers are old but I don't see how to update them. Currently it has driver 440.44

I just installed Unraid Nvidia and have the same problem. My drivers are 440.59 though not 440.44. I do have the same NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

Link to post
4 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

1050 ti

The drivers in 6.8.3 will work fine with the 1050ti (i use one myself) - the drivers in 6.9.0 beta30 are better for current builds of Plex (if that is the use case)
from terminal run lspci -k this will show the devices found - for example a 1050ti might come up like this in the list:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

If its not showing - either the card itself could be busted - the card might need a monitor or dummy hdmi installed - or the other I have seen that its not actually a 1050ti - but some wish/aliexpress/dodgy ebay special thats not actually a 1050ti :P oh and make sure you are not booting into GUI mode either :)

Link to post
5 hours ago, PsiPlexServ said:

1050 ti

You should also make sure that you have not set it up to be passed through to a VM as this would hide it from the drivers at the Unraid level (VM's provide their own drivers).

Link to post
On 10/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, endiz said:

To answer my own question, looks like plex now requires nvidia drivers 450.66 and up for NVENC to work. Looks like i'll have to wait for 6.9.0 to go stable before updating my drivers.

Hi all,

 

this is a real problem in plex for using an NVIDIA card for encoding (decoding work fine) is there anyway to update the drivers to 450.66 ? ???

 

im Currently on 440.59

 

thanks all!

 

D.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Big Dan T said:

Hi all,

 

this is a real problem in plex for using an NVIDIA card for encoding (decoding work fine) is there anyway to update the drivers to 450.66 ? ???

 

im Currently on 440.59

 

thanks all!

 

D.

Yes...the Beta is currently using the updated drivers

Link to post
23 hours ago, Big Dan T said:

Hi all,

 

this is a real problem in plex for using an NVIDIA card for encoding (decoding work fine) is there anyway to update the drivers to 450.66 ? ???

 

im Currently on 440.59

 

thanks all!

 

D.

Go Beta 6.9 (have personally been using for beta 29 and beta 30 and its been stable for MY usage)

or not run the unraid nvidia build and use this to build a kernel with the current drivers and a bunch of other stuff if you require it.. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 11/7/2020 at 3:37 AM, bytchslappa said:

The drivers in 6.8.3 will work fine with the 1050ti (i use one myself) - the drivers in 6.9.0 beta30 are better for current builds of Plex (if that is the use case)
from terminal run lspci -k this will show the devices found - for example a 1050ti might come up like this in the list:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

If its not showing - either the card itself could be busted - the card might need a monitor or dummy hdmi installed - or the other I have seen that its not actually a 1050ti - but some wish/aliexpress/dodgy ebay special thats not actually a 1050ti :P oh and make sure you are not booting into GUI mode either :)

I'm seeing the correct output for my P400 but I'm still not able to get unraid nvidia to see my card

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P400] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P400]
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

I'm completely stumped as to why this isn't working for me. I just updated my BIOS to no avail.

Link to post
On 11/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, K1ng0011 said:

I have two questions. Anyone know if you can pass the nvidia GPU to the Channels DVR docker? Is is possible to pass the GPU to two separate docker containers at the same time or will that cause an issue?

I can answer the second one. I don't know what Channels DVR is or have ever used it. 

 

You can pass the GPU to a VM "or" Docker(s). So yes, multiple supported dockers will work. I use my p2000 for Plex, unmanic, and foldingathome at the same time. 

Link to post
  • trurl locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.