Docker-compose images visible in Unraid Dashboard but always saying update-ready

Morthan

Greetings,

First; Apologies if this has been asked before. I used search and couldn't get any relevant post regarding this issue.

My Dashboard shows the containers which I have started via docker-compose as "blue", which means there's an update ready for them. When I click on "update all" within the docker tab, they give back errors about config not found.

I understand it's having issues but I would rather not have the Unraid dashboard meddle with the docker-compose images. Is there any way of making the dashboard ignore these, in terms of updates and whatnot? I haven't been able to find any setting I could adjust within the Dashboard itself.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Morthan
3 minutes ago, Morthan said:

they give back errors about config not found.

Because the subsystem is looking for the template and not finding it.

But, to be honest I really don't understand why people insist on docker compose.  All it is a text version of unRaid's docker UI.  That's not to say that the issue with update always showing available, etc shouldn't be fixed.

1 hour ago, Morthan said:

I couldn't get influxdb to work with the one from "atribe" via "apps" so I figured I could try docker-compose. Not all is lost, I can still retry the one from "atribe" as they don't share appdata locations :)

I wasn't trying to switch you to a container that's already in Apps.  Was merely pointing out that docker compose isn't what people think it is.

Well it took a bit more time but I was able to follow @bonienl's comment about the unraid eco system and it's all up and running. UPS details are now available in influx/grafana 🙂

No more docker-compose. I guess @Squid can be more happy now >.<

For others who stumble upon this post, have a read over at Reddit with this post. It helped me tremendously: https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/7c2l2w/howto_monitor_unraid_with_grafana_influxdb_and/

Edited by Morthan
On 2/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, Squid said:

But, to be honest I really don't understand why people insist on docker compose

On 2/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, bonienl said:

My advice: follow the eco system of Unraid. It can usually fulfill all requirements.

Just want to throw this out there, one of the main reasons some of us choose to mess with compose is to get around some of the limitation of the unRAID template system. In particular when it comes to complex multi-container applications, which often use several frontend and backend networks. 

• Like 10