Docker service wont start

Squazz

I get the following error message

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 654
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 826

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 654
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 890

Does anyone know what that means and what I should do about it?

Edited by Squazz
5 minutes ago, Squazz said:

I get the following error message

Does anyone know what that means and what I should do about it?

Not without more context.  Need to see what you're doing to generate that error message.   To clarify, is it the docker service that won't start?  Or a docker container?  If it's the former, you need to post diagnostics, if it's the latter then some more info on the container etc

Edited by CHBMB
5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Not without more context.  Need to see what you're doing to generate that error message.   To clarify, is it the docker service that won't start?  Or a docker container?  If it's the former, you need to post diagnostics, if it's the latter then some more info on the container etc

My bad :) It went a little fast with that post ;)

It's the service that won't start

Diagnostics: nas-diagnostics-20190210-1626.zip

Image where I got the error-message

image.thumb.png.306a3c51b8601e4e4dffd13c8663275b.png

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Well, you're using a release candidate, so probably should report it there.

What version did you update from?

I upgraded to the release candidate because I had the problem before on version 6.6.6
Upgrading to the release candidate however gave me the error message, that I didn't have before

2 minutes ago, Squazz said:

Upgrading to the release candidate however gave me the error message, that I didn't have before

In Unraid 6.7 we do not suppress PHP warnings anymore.

Please follow the advice of @johnnie.black and delete/recreate your docker image. You will need to re-install your containers, if you have CA installed, you can use its restore function to quickly get back all your containers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

In Unraid 6.7 we do not suppress PHP warnings anymore.

Please follow the advice of @johnnie.black and delete/recreate your docker image. You will need to re-install your containers, if you have CA installed, you can use its restore function to quickly get back all your containers.

I'm not sure how to use the restore function. Where should I look?

• 4 years later...

I also just got this Error because my System ran out of memory and from the logs i could tell that it killed the process with the highest memory consumption (dockerd).
What worked for me was just running

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

in the Terminal to start it up again. Will of course not work if the docker image is really corrupt, but might be worth a try in cases similar to mine.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2023 at 6:43 AM, Stefan_H said:

I also just got this Error because my System ran out of memory and from the logs i could tell that it killed the process with the highest memory consumption (dockerd).
What worked for me was just running

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

in the Terminal to start it up again. Will of course not work if the docker image is really corrupt, but might be worth a try in cases similar to mine.

Thank you! This worked for me.