anyone ecoDMS got running?

40foot

Since yesterday I am trying to get ecoDMS (https://hub.docker.com/r/ecodms/allinone-18.09) up and running. Now I somewhat succeeded, but the web-interface gives me only this (using Firefox):

��3ActiveMQ�����!����TcpNoDelayEnabled�SizePrefixDisabled�� CacheSize����ProviderName �ActiveMQ�StackTraceEnabled�PlatformDetails �Java�CacheEnabled�TightEncodingEnabled�MaxFrameSizeÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ�MaxInactivityDuration��������� MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay������'�ProviderVersion�

I know I have to contact their support, but maybe one of you stumbled upon this docker and got it running… Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...

Did you manage to find a solution for this? I also would like to install ecoDMS on Unraid but since it seems not to work properly,.. :(

Edit: Okay got it up and running on UnRaid 6.8.0 with the following steps:

• Via Community Applications search for ecodms and install the converted Synology/QNAP version allinone 18.09
  • In the configuration page add the following path and port mappings (see attached screenshot)
  • Download and install the ecoDMS client for your platform (Client Downloads here: EcoDMS)
  • Add a new profile with your UnRaid IP, 17001 as port and login with ecodms as both, user and password. You can change this one you are logged in
  • If the profile is created successfully connect to the new ecoDMS connection
  • If you want to use the web interface of ecoDMS navigate to Settings -> Web/Mobile/API, enable remote access and start the service. Once the service started you should be able to access the web interface via your UnRaid-IP on Port 17004 (or whatever port you chose during setup of the Docker Container.

Have fun :)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-20 um 14.12.13.png

Edited by laest
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Update: ecoDMS still working (docker template edit needed).

For reference i would like to contribute, what has happened to ecoDMS, a document archive and management system. The app in the repo is still based on ecoDMS 18.09 - this is not convenient any more - the actual version is 22.08! Also ecoDMS is pretty hard to maintain on a Synology NAS - you always have to re-install the whole stuff after every major update, which can be twice a year.

So here unRAID comes in, which makes it sooo easy to install and update docker containers. These steps i would like to recommend for folks, who want to use ecoDMS:

1. First create shares for
    1. scan input - should be readable/writable for the users and the docker container. In my case this directory resides on another NAS and is mounted via unassigned devices plugin. 
    2. backup - very important, for this must be outside the docker container (don't use a directory in the apps-directory!) and must be backed up externally on a regular basis. I put this in a smb-mounted share (like "officedata") on another NAS, which is mounted by unassigned devices plugin. This is (aside from the data directory itself) the directory to back up externally (to the cloud or whereever).
    3. restore - should be reachable, can be on the unRAID nas (recommended) or somewhere else. Here you initiate the restore if needed.
  2. First install ecoDMS (APU 18.08) from the repo. This is the template to start with. After successful installation you have this (including the customisations) in your personal archive in "apps".
  3. Change the settings like in the screenshot. Docker should come from ecodms/ecodms repository, so updates are automatically done for you.
  4. Remember: The "backup" directory mapping should be outside the app-directory on unRAID. In my case this is also in the "working" directory on another NAS, which is backed up on a regular basis. This directory should not be in the /apps share - it can become quite large (4 GB in my case) and therefore should be kept and backupped outside. "restore" and "data" can stay in the /apps share on the cache drive. But you have to make shure, that the "restore.zip" (after a initial restore from your old data) is deleted after import - it can be pretty big also.
  5. Now have a look into the other settings and start the container - done!

458569609_Screenshot2022-10-09124442.thumb.png.72c5ef33df7acbc5e60e9dfcda330aad.png

Edited by azche24
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 10/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, azche24 said:

Update: ecoDMS still working (docker template edit needed).

For reference i would like to contribute, what has happened to ecoDMS, a document archive and management system. The app in the repo is still based on ecoDMS 18.09 - this is not convenient any more - the actual version is 22.08! Also ecoDMS is pretty hard to maintain on a Synology NAS - you always have to re-install the whole stuff after every major update, which can be twice a year.

So here unRAID comes in, which makes it sooo easy to install and update docker containers. These steps i would like to recommend for folks, who want to use ecoDMS:

1. First create shares for
    1. scan input - should be readable/writable for the users and the docker container. In my case this directory resides on another NAS and is mounted via unassigned devices plugin. 
    2. backup - very important, for this must be outside the docker container (don't use a directory in the apps-directory!) and must be backed up externally on a regular basis. I put this in a smb-mounted share (like "officedata") on another NAS, which is mounted by unassigned devices plugin. This is (aside from the data directory itself) the directory to back up externally (to the cloud or whereever).
    3. restore - should be reachable, can be on the unRAID nas (recommended) or somewhere else. Here you initiate the restore if needed.
  2. First install ecoDMS (APU 18.08) from the repo. This is the template to start with. After successful installation you have this (including the customisations) in your personal archive in "apps".
  3. Change the settings like in the screenshot. Docker should come from ecodms/ecodms repository, so updates are automatically done for you.
  4. Remember: The "backup" directory mapping should be outside the app-directory on unRAID. In my case this is also in the "working" directory on another NAS, which is backed up on a regular basis. This directory should not be in the /apps share - it can become quite large (4 GB in my case) and therefore should be kept and backupped outside. "restore" and "data" can stay in the /apps share on the cache drive. But you have to make shure, that the "restore.zip" (after a initial restore from your old data) is deleted after import - it can be pretty big also.
  5. Now have a look into the other settings and start the container - done!

458569609_Screenshot2022-10-09124442.thumb.png.72c5ef33df7acbc5e60e9dfcda330aad.png

Will this setup still work in 2023?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE - It does work. Some instructions in German still.

QUESTION  - DO we have to pay. for the license?

Edited by Profezor