WebGUI - Can't add new users?

lachiu

Hello

I've currently got 8 users (already) and I need a few more. However I can click on add but it doesn't do anything. image.thumb.png.8c5121481638033e9efe0fd4e6a68288.png

I've also tried using incognito mode but it doesn't change anything. Since I want to change share security I need a webgui user. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by lachiu
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Only root has access to the webUI

I know, I'm not saying that I'm trying to login on the webui as another user. I need to create this users to setup share permissions. 
"Since I want to change share security I need a webgui user. "

Edited by lachiu
57 minutes ago, bonienl said:

6.6.4 has an issue with cron, preventing scheduled tasks to run. Serious enough to withdraw this version. Please update to the latest version.

Yeah I've noticed that. 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Is there some reason you are still using 6.6.4? I notice that version has been pulled from the Download page.

I've always been told don't update what isn't broken... Will do that now. 

I'm encountering another problem, I'm trying to remove the unraid share mounting tags. 
The 3rd one has been renamed. It keeps on adding the 4th one to ones I delete. 
image.png.5308f418df6c7c30386fb1a545044ddf.png

If I try to remove them all at once I get this error:
image.png.e1fbd11dff3e44c2c3f39a9c09bb0ebf.png

Now I've changed it to this since I don't want to use these anymore. (need more than 7 mounting points and am going to use smb now)
image.thumb.png.f06fd1f35ad8161fad02a61b21bb8d48.png

Edited by lachiu
  • 2 years later...

I'm new to UNRAID and have only been using it for about 4 days now.  I'm new to UNRAID but not a newbie in the IT Tech field.

MY UNRAID server is joined to my windows AD domain and now I'm trying to add local UNRAID accounts on the server for locked down share access ... as per the yourtube video below ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEeEr89dSXc

I'm having the same issue on UNRAID 6.9.2 ... I cannot add a new user to the UNRAID server.

Every time I try to create a new user, it looks like the user is being created as I see the typical UNRAID wave flashing up and down when a change is being made ... but the user account is not created and it yields no error messages.

any suggestions ... thanks.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Whitelist your server on any adblockers or anything else that might interfere with the browser.

thanks for replying Constructor.

I tried from 3 other machines on my network ... also tried from a direct console physical session on the UNRAID server itself.

all with same result.

all have the UNRAID server added to Trusted Sites.  I am trying with Chrome.

I'll try wth Edge, firefox and Opera and let you know if it works or not.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Honestly, the problem with AD and Unraid is very few users use it.  @limetech has stated that AD works fine in the past, but support from the community in the forums is going to be limited.  You might want instead to email LT support for assistance https://unraid.net/contact

I hear yah Squid ... I figured that as google did not come up with much.   Thanks for responding.

13 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

thanks for replying Constructor.

I tried from 3 other machines on my network ... also tried from a direct console physical session on the UNRAID server itself.

all with same result.

all have the UNRAID server added to Trusted Sites.  I am trying with Chrome.

I'll try wth Edge, firefox and Opera and let you know if it works or not.

Firefox, opera and edge ... don't work ... I'll continue to poke around the web and see if I can find anything to help me. I only found 1 thread about this issue which was corrected in the latest update .. which is older than the version I am running 6.9.2.

hhhmmm .... log says user already exists.  but I don't see the name in the users console.

Aug 10 04:00:34 ALLISON93 emhttpd: shcmd (3866): useradd -g users -d / -s /bin/false -c '' 'thumbto' Aug 10 04:00:34 ALLISON93 winbindd[92333]: [2021/08/10 04:00:34.307997, 0] ../../source3/winbindd/idmap_hash/idmap_hash.c:115(idmap_hash_initialize) Aug 10 04:00:34 ALLISON93 winbindd[92333]: idmap_hash_initialize: The idmap_hash module is deprecated and should not be used. Please migrate to a different plugin. This module will be removed in a future version of Samba Aug 10 04:00:34 ALLISON93 root: useradd: user 'thumbto' already exists A