New VM -- No VM-Desktop

Hi

Here Iam new and still on a trial key for unraid I am just trying it out.

I have unraid the latest rc, not stable but 6.7.0.rc2, Iam following videos on how to set up Unraid, basicaly Iam just toying around.

I have to machines One win10x64 and unraid machine, separate machines on a local network. Both machines are relatively high spec gaming machines.

This part is always glossed over in the videos I must be so stupid not seeing it.

I have passed through the graphics card.

I have started the machine(virtual) but cant see a way of seeing the desktop of the VM......

I can click on the icon for the vm and get start stop ... But no entry to view the desktop(bios, desktop or setup[KDE neon])

What iam I missing plz? The video and others have it connecting over the internet, vnc and the works, but they gloss over how to do it locally, to start with.

--

Steve

First start the VM without a graphics card passed trough, connect to the VM with Unraids WebVNC, setup your remote connection software like VNC, RDP, NoMachine, AnyDesk, Teamviewer whatever you prefer and make sure it's working. After that passthrough your GPU and startup the VM again to install the driver. A connected monitor should show a picture of the VM if everything is working. Usual you should get a picture on your connected monitor without installing the driver, but in some cases it doesn't work straight away. For this reason, it's better to set up a remote connection software first to check if something is wrong.

Hello

Ive moved on to windows 10, Iam trying to get the drivers of the video card(AMD Radeon HD 5850) an oldish card I know.

I have win10 loaded and running on vnc, the problem is : for the driver to install it needs to detect the VCard, If I pass said VCard

through it's not detected (editing live machine), I then tried stopping the VM and passing through the VCard but on start no display(on monitor/vnc).

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Ps. Iam passing through the unraids VCard(in the machine) this is detected in Unraid.

On another note I have read on here that this is not possible but ile ask anyway.

Is there a way to drop files on to a share and have that share visible to the VM's?

At the moment I have a poor man’s network, I download onto the main machine then

transfer the contents to a usb drive, plug it into the server and pass it through. Surly there is an easier way.  After all if you can cache windows updates surly you can pass a share.

Edited by oOSGearOo
Addional ps line