Sign in to follow this  
AboveUnrefined

Docker Containers - always update ready

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello,

I've been searching around for a reason to why this may be happening, but can't find anything clear or I could be misunderstanding what's already posted around this issue I'm experiencing:

I have a bunch of containers reporting "update ready" so I go ahead and update them. It will go through the update process and then when they finish, it still reports "update ready". I've had this problem for a while now and I've looked here and there, just assumed it might be fixed with upcoming releases.

The problem too is that I've recently updated to 6.7.0-rc2 and it seemed like the problem was fixed, containers would update and then would report that they were updated, no update ready messages. Now, it is back to doing the same old behavior again showing that "update ready" all the time.

Does anybody know why this would happen?

Thanks

Edited by AboveUnrefined

Check your Internet connection, in particular your DNS settings?

Do you use pi-hole?  If so make sure your Unraid server is set to use a different DNS server and not pi-hole

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Check your Internet connection, in particular your DNS settings?

Do you use pi-hole?  If so make sure your Unraid server is set to use a different DNS server and not pi-hole

Internet and DNS are completely fine (at least by what I can tell), I do not use pi-hole. I can download the updates and they do seem to install through the interface. The "update ready" message persists.

Edited by AboveUnrefined

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

In this example, I see that Gitlab-CE has "update ready" so I go ahead and click it, this is what I see:

image.thumb.png.bd3f5f24cbe5b8cc19e3bada713f94cb.png

I go ahead and click done. This is what I see next, even after I reload:

image.thumb.png.c0c65050dfc7a21474c5cb05410dc492.png

I guess it updated? Or it didn't? Couldn't really say... I'm supposing not since it's still saying "update ready".

I did update, see creation time (4 minutes ago). Not sure why the status stays at "update ready".