Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ladrek

(Resolved)VM Randomly Pauses

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Issue is resolved 

 

This will fix the gpu communication issue

to fix it go to settings then vm manager then change PCIe ACS override to multi-function 

the driver I used


Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Optional 7/19/2018

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ladrek

Share this post


Link to post

Usually this is related to the location for the machines not having enough space but can also be related to the settings on the windows VM.  Disable sleep, fastboot, and choose high performance for the power plan.  Also changing USB sleep settings and hard drive idle settings in the power plan helps.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

Usually this is related to the location for the machines not having enough space but can also be related to the settings on the windows VM.  Disable sleep, fastboot, and choose high performance for the power plan.  Also changing USB sleep settings and hard drive idle settings in the power plan helps.

forgot to mention this only happens when i assign the VM a GPU(RX480) it wont do this if i view it via VNC

 

Could the gpu have something to do with it?

 

VM1 Works perfectly Fine it has a GTX 1080

VM2 just randomly pauses has a RX480

Edited by Ladrek

Share this post


Link to post

Was able to get to point where i can install the drivers however it goes to a black screen and just sits there

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone able to help with this?

 

My VM Config

 

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>Camille</name>
  <uuid>1f17cc2a-e3e7-b7d7-ff04-0b584a8becf9</uuid>
  <description>Player</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="windows.png" os="windows10"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>1</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-3.0'>hvm</type>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
    <hyperv>
      <relaxed state='on'/>
      <vapic state='on'/>
      <spinlocks state='on' retries='8191'/>
      <vendor_id state='on' value='none'/>
    </hyperv>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='1' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='localtime'>
    <timer name='hypervclock' present='yes'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/Windows.iso'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.160-1.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdb' bus='ide'/>
      <readonly/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='1'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pci-root'/>
    <controller type='ide' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:f6:3c:1c'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes' xvga='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
</domain>

 

Edited by Ladrek

Share this post


Link to post

I just went through a day and a half of fiddling with my unraid server getting my new RX 590 working in windows 10 VM. Same situation either freezing or black screen while installing the graphics driver. The last steps I took before giving up and returning the card. I updated my bios. I upgraded to the latest Unraid RC 3. I used the new method of stubbing the device using the BIND= method. I then changed my configuration of the VM to OVMF I think. Not at home right now. I think my card required UEFI to operate and changing the machine type was the fix for me. It looks like your machine type is set to what I had before I changed it.

 

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-3.0'>hvm</type>

Edited by sadkisson

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sadkisson said:

I just went through a day and a half of fiddling with my unraid server getting my new RX 590 working in windows 10 VM. Same situation either freezing or black screen while installing the graphics driver. The last steps I took before giving up and returning the card. I updated my bios. I upgraded to the latest Unraid RC 3. I used the new method of stubbing the device using the BIND= method. I then changed my configuration of the VM to OVMF I think. Not at home right now. I think my card required UEFI to operate and changing the machine type was the fix for me. It looks like your machine type is set to what I had before I changed it.

 

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-3.0'>hvm</type>

Updated unraid & changed it to OVMF no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Ladrek said:

2019-02-12T02:40:05.936050Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_err_notifier_handler(0000:03:00.0) Unrecoverable error detected. Please collect any data possible and then kill the guest

Log https://pastebin.com/HVXgXWzb

now it freezes when i install drivers lol getting so close!!!

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ladrek said:

now it freezes when i install drivers lol getting so close!!!

VM is fixed and running on the rx480 now

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this