Jump to content
abs0lut.zer0

South Africa into loadshedding AGAIN!!

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys

 

I wanted to do a poll but decided to do an open question instead.

 

My point is we sometimes have up to 9 hours of no power during some days as it's on a rotational schedule according to area..

 

How is your countries power grids?

 

Look forward to your answers.

 

Thank You for your time.

Edited by abs0lut.zer0
my opion!!

Share this post


Link to post

Mine is solid, thanks for asking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for replying much appreciated but if it's not to much invasion of privacy [I heard the internet hates that sort of thing :)] can you guys tell me which country your talking about and if multiple energy providers country/state.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

USA

There are 2 companies that can provide electric where I live. Some have more options, some have less.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there in ZA,

 

Germany speaking, no problems here, our power grid is rock stable. We have a lot of energy providers, private companys as well as companys in the hands of cities or communities. We also have a lot of resellers of energy, so this market is very competitive.

 

In 2014 I was on a business trip in ZA, Midrand. We were fighting for an order for the new powerstations Medupi and Kusile. So I know your problems with loadshedding very well. We had several ones within 3 months. But the most sentence about this I heard was: "That´s Africa"

 

So I can feel with you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/12/2019 at 11:12 AM, abs0lut.zer0 said:

Hey Guys

 

I wanted to do a poll but decided to do an open question instead.

My beautiful country who I respect not matter what public opinion is [Donald Trump] and yes I'm white before that question does come up..

 

My point is we sometimes have up to 9 hours of no power during some days as it's on a rotational schedule according to area..

 

How is your countries power grids?

 

Look forward to your answers.

 

Thank You for your time.

This is not a political forum, and Limetech may choose to delete this post, which I'd be completely fine with.  But since the OP went there I'll say it.  Donald Trump only speaks for about 35% of the people in the United States.  The other 65% think he's a pompous narcissistic demagogue.  I'm a patriot and I'm ashamed of how the U.S. is viewed in other countries now because of this man.

 

And I kinda feel that the average unraid user is a more enlightened person that the average person in the general population.  But if anyone here cared if you were black or white, I'd be shocked.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/14/2019 at 4:26 AM, TSM said:

This is not a political forum, and Limetech may choose to delete this post, which I'd be completely fine with.  But since the OP went there I'll say it.  Donald Trump only speaks for about 35% of the people in the United States.  The other 65% think he's a pompous narcissistic demagogue.  I'm a patriot and I'm ashamed of how the U.S. is viewed in other countries now because of this man.

  

And I kinda feel that the average unraid user is a more enlightened person that the average person in the general population.  But if anyone here cared if you were black or white, I'd be shocked.  

You just made it one...!!

Please STAY ON TOPIC.

This is about energy grids and NOTHING else so if my commented offended I will remove it if the admins ask me to.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, abs0lut.zer0 said:

This is about energy grids and NOTHING else

Then why on earth would you open your post with this?

On 2/12/2019 at 11:12 AM, abs0lut.zer0 said:

My beautiful country who I respect not matter what public opinion is [Donald Trump]

You started the political thing, and now you complain that the thread has political content?

Share this post


Link to post

As for the original question, power generally pretty good.  Have a few powercuts once in a while.  I live on the edge of a small village in the UK.  When I previously lived in big cities/towns never really had a problem.

 

Tend to get power cuts only when there's very heavy rain, and all the houses in the lane go down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now