Unraid 6.7.0-rc3 becomes unresponsive with big file transfers

casperse

Hi All

I am new to UnRAID and I have been busy building my new NAS and have read a lot of excellent post on what to do when moving large amount of data from old NAS to the new NAS.

1. Direct move to Array (No cash enabled on share)
  2. Fixed IP and in bridge mode 3-6 Gigabit connection 2 on MB and 4 on HP extension card
  3. No Parity setup (Waiting to do this after the move)
  4. (I SKIPPED THIS ONE?) Enable reconstruct write mode in Settings - Disk Settings.  All your drives will
    be spun up, but the writes will go ~3 times faster.  You can disable it after the transfer is done.

But to my surprise the UI freezes while copying data? But looking at the load it really shouldnt be a problem?

image.png.864ec82ed8c258a93904592538d11cdc.png

image.thumb.png.8a48e1fd14e7b53a44dc722ce8df77d5.png

I initiated the transfer from my Synology to my new UnRAID server (Push)....

Am I doing something wrong? 

All menu settings, WM etc runs slow.... have to wait for the share setting to load the full page and so on.....

DAM! Sorry bad language - I am following the excellent videos made by "Spaceinvader One" and he said that encryption impact was minimal

But that was of course not related to the new release of UnRAID 😞

Do you know if this would require me to re-encrypt all the drives? (Adding 24 drives so that would be a royal pain...)

57 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You can downgrade to v6.6.6 for now, encryption impact on recent CPUs with AES support is minimal.

I just got the Nvidia working with Plex.... and I think that requires the RC version....

10 streams at 9% GPU load incredible also means that my VM's doesn't need to share cores!

I know you just can't get it all ;-)

On 2/12/2019 at 6:16 PM, johnnie.black said:

You can downgrade to v6.6.6 for now, encryption impact on recent CPUs with AES support is minimal.

Can I downgrade move the files to Unraid and then upgrade afterwards? its really slow, it's going to take weeks transferring all the data

Edited by casperse
On 2/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, casperse said:

Can I downgrade move the files to Unraid and then upgrade afterwards? its really slow, it's going to take weeks transferring all the data

You might prefer to upgrade to 6.7.0-rc4 instead. It has only recently been released but it seems to fix the problem you're experiencing.