Reverse Proxy?

bally12345

I got an email from my ISP, worst thing is it's for something couchpotato automated and I didn't even want.

What do I need to do to prevent this happening again? I use usenet and Sabnzbd but occasionally some stuff gets sent to transmission.

For now I have just stopped transmission and don't want to use vpn like pia or nord etc as I use open vpn to remote to my server.

Added jackett docker but didn't understand how to use it and if it's the best option.

Any pointers?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

I got an email from my ISP, worst thing is it's for something couchpotato automated and I didn't even want.

55 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

What do I need to do to prevent this happening again?

Might help if you post what the email said.  Presumably I would guess that it was something along the lines of you've been a naughty boy, illegally pirating media, and we have received a complaint, and now you have to sacrifice your first born child to appease the Movie gods. 

But the more involved solution is like you've said to investigate PIA, etc as your outgoing vpn (which is different than utilizing a vpn to connect to your server) and switch your dl clients to rtorrentvpn etc. 

A reverse proxy of those clients will not help your situation at all.

Edited by Squid

Might help if you post what the email said.  Presumably I would guess that it was something along the lines of you've been a naughty boy, illegally pirating media, and we have received a complaint, and now you have to sacrifice your first born child to appease the Movie gods. 

But the more involved solution is like you've said to investigate PIA, etc as your outgoing vpn (which is different than utilizing a vpn to connect to your server) and switch your dl clients to rtorrentvpn etc. 

A reverse proxy of those clients will not help your situation at all.

ISP, along with other internet service providers, is supporting the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign – a government-backed initiative that helps people access the content they want from legitimate sources.

The Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has contacted us on behalf of owners of copyrighted material, who believe their content may have been shared using your internet account without their permission. The content could be anything that is copyrighted, such as films, TV shows, sports events or music.

This is the first time an educational email has been sent to you. It will help you find genuine content and prevent the sharing of copyrighted material on your account in the future, as well as explaining why you are being contacted and what it means.

A summary of the information that the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has provided to ISP:

Copyright Infringement Report ID (CIR-ID): 26xxx73x

Title of content shared: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD (2018)

Time file was shared: 03:27 *

Date content was shared: 08/02/2019

It's an educational email so not too much to worry about but don't want to get anymore.

I will look at PIA, is there a docker or plugin that can be used to assign to traffic within a docker container?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's my story. I use PIA with transmission for my torrents. And for Open VPN i use it with TCP instead of UDP.

Honestly I don't know what they cannot work together and that's my workaround. Honestly I don't see much of a difference.

Another option. For movies I would switch to Radarr and don't configure the torrent client if if you only want usenet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, bally12345 said:

I have setup delugevpn now with PIA and Privoxy just trying to figure out why I am getting super slow speeds 

did you set up a forwarded port via the PIA website and set it accordingly inside the docker container yet ?

my bad, I confused PIA with the way to set up airvpn

Edited by unrateable