Connect to server remotely?

squirrellydw

I tend to use TeamViewer to connect to an always-on desktop and then connect to the server via it.  My fall back though is running OpenVPN on the server and connecting to it instead (Due to a policy enforced on my laptop, I am unable to connect to a VPN on it -> hence TeamViewer as my primary)

• Like 1

VPN for the win. Super easy. Either use the docker version easier to install because of the instructions provided by spaceinvader. Or the Plugin version that works like a charm, giving you access with the array stopped.

I used to do an option with a reverwey proxy a opening a port. But it's not as sexure as the VPN plugin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, gacpac said:

VPN for the win. Super easy. Either use the docker version easier to install because of the instructions provided by spaceinvader. Or the Plugin version that works like a charm, giving you access with the array stopped.

I used to do an option with a reverwey proxy a opening a port. But it's not as sexure as the VPN plugin.

You happen to have a link to these instructions you mention.  

You happen to have a link to these instructions you mention.  

There you have it my man.

Also check for Open VPN server by@peter_sm

The plugin version works better. There's no instructions but all you need is open a port in your router and get a dinamic DNS service for your public IP.

Look at the video and you will get the idea with the plugin version.