jang430

My mover not moving shows in Media to drives that are free, keep on adding to full drives

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

My mover is not moving shows out of my cache drive.  It keeps on attempting to move files to drives that are full, and finally, failing.  Drives that are still free are included in the share, but not being utilized.  I'm set to High Water.  

Attaching my diagnostics here.

tower-diagnostics-20190213-1627.zip

@johnnie.black, you are correct.  I am experiencing problems with this drive.  But a restart will usually get it back online.  I'll follow the instructions above.  

But how can a single drive that is defective stop the mover script from moving files to other drives that are working?

File system issues on one disk can cause issues with the sames share(s) even on other disks.

Hi.  Just want to update, that I did fix the XFS filesystem.  It's working now.  But still, shows are left in the cache drive.  My conditions are, Split level 3.  I have Media/ TV/ Show name/ Season #s.  All shows can be on different drives, but each season has to be on the same drive.  Disks 1-3 are full.  They don't have season 4 of Show A.  But Show A in cache drive doesn't get moved even with Disk 4, 5 and 6 very free.  

tower-diagnostics-20190215-1314.zip

Files are not being moved because they already exist on dest:

Feb 15 22:30:49 Tower move: move: file /mnt/cache/Media/TV/.DS_Store
Feb 15 22:30:49 Tower move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Media/TV/.DS_Store File exists
Feb 15 22:30:49 Tower move: move: file /mnt/cache/Media/TV/._.DS_Store
Feb 15 22:30:49 Tower move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Media/TV/._.DS_Store File exists
Feb 15 22:30:50 Tower move: move: file /mnt/cache/Media/.DS_Store
Feb 15 22:30:50 Tower move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Media/.DS_Store File exists
Feb 15 22:30:50 Tower move: move: file /mnt/cache/Media/._.DS_Store
Feb 15 22:30:50 Tower move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Media/._.DS_Store File exists

Same for the rest of the media files.

hi.  .DS_Store file seems to be everywhere on my folder.  But there are files that aren't in /mnt/cache/Media that aren't being moved.

All the other files are the same, check the syslog, I was just avoiding posting here the file names.

I see what you're seeing.  It doesn't say to which drive it's trying to move it to?

No, it will be respecting the split settings, but do a disk search for one of the existing files and you'll see.

Hi.  I see it now.  The files are existing on a drive that isn't supposed to be part of a share.  Might be a manual move I've done earlier.  

What causes these files to come out " .DS_Store"

Just now, jang430 said:

What causes these files to come out " .DS_Store"

Those are created by OSX, don't know if it can be turned off since I don't use them.