VM and Dockers crashing

Brydezen

Hello unraid gurus,

I think my house was hit by a power outage, and I don't have a UPS, yet, sadly. But anyways I came home and everything seemed fine. Except I can't or get showed any dockers I have installed and can't power on any VM's. I have my diagnostics and some screenshots linked here. I'm not totally sure, but it seems to be my SSD that is something wrong with. - It for some reason have just recently passed a parity check, and my normal disks seems just fine. I can browse all the files on it I just don't know if I can open any of them, as I didn't have my laptop with me when I can home for a short period.

Hope someone can help me out :(

Best regards!

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20190212-1401.zip

Hi @johnnie.black!

I have started a copy of the data of the ssd cache disk. And most of the files seems to copy just fine. But some of my kinda important files (I had not yet synced to a cloud, sadly) can't seem to copy I just get a input/output error. Can't use the `cat` `nano` or anything on the files. Please don't tell me they are totallt lost? the files still reports sizes. I just can't seem to copy, move or open then :S Is their some special tool I can use and try to save the files?

Best regards, 

Brydezen

Yes, there are checksum errors, there's a way to copy them, though they will still be corrupt, but in some cases a corrupt file might be better than no file at all, you can get them with btrfs restore, but recommend you first move (instead of copy) all the good files, all the ones you can, so you can btrfs restore only the corrupt ones to a separate folder.

Option 2 here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

I may think that I love you man. No kidding. First tried to mount the disk just the mount command. But didn't do me much. But the btrfs restore seems to be the god saving line. Seems like all the important files I almost cried over losing is restoring just fine to a disk mount 😮 When it's done I'm starting a rclone sync asap! This shall not happen again :(