***GUIDE*** Plex Hardware Acceleration using Intel Quick Sync

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Fordarm said:

Hi thanks for your great guide.

According to plex's definition, they don't support QSV at linux but only support at windows.

But seems you made it working. Do I understand correctly?

They support it just fine. I've used QSV with the Plex Docker with both an older Ivy Bridge i5 3470 and my current Coffee Lake i5 8400. It works great!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a equalent GPU acceleration plugin for AMD graphics cards? I have a rx 570 that would love to do GPU acceleration. I got so frustrated with Nvidia that i returned the used GTX 1060 i purchased to the seller after a long error 43 battle. So i´m not interested in buying Nvidia hardware again.

WOW!!! I clicked on this out of curiosity, but this little piece of info regarding HDMI dummy plugs is going to make my remote-VM life so much better! was so tired of constantly readjusting the resolution of my OSX VM.
thank you!!!

here's an updated link of the product, perhaps @techsperion could update his link!
https://www.amazon.com/Display-Emulator-Headless-Display(Fit-Headless-1920x1080-3840x2160/dp/B074NNZYW4

• Like 1
WOW!!! I clicked on this out of curiosity, but this little piece of info regarding HDMI dummy plugs is going to make my remote-VM life so much better! was so tired of constantly readjusting the resolution of my OSX VM.
thank you!!!

here's an updated link of the product, perhaps [mention=88230]techsperion[/mention] could update his link!
https://www.amazon.com/Display-Emulator-Headless-Display(Fit-Headless-1920x1080-3840x2160/dp/B074NNZYW4

Thanks buddy. Updated the post with your link. Hope your Hackintosh works okay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, niomar said:

I followed the instruction but it is still not working. I can see that plex can see the iGPU but for some reason it is not using it 

Screenshot_2.png

All looks good in the terminal.

How have you established it's not working? If you change the playback settings to a non native one and check the Now playing section - What does it show? Share the screen shot if possible.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, techsperion said:

All looks good in the terminal.

How have you established it's not working? If you change the playback settings to a non native one and check the Now playing section - What does it show? Share the screen shot if possible.

It says only transcoding without the hw. 
when i use my gpu it says transcoding hw. I have the iGPU set as primary in the bios that is no problem right? 

AB7EA609-74C1-45D7-AF18-13521148A94F.jpeg

Edited by niomar
9 hours ago, ramblinreck47 said:

What processor are you using? Does your motherboard have IPMI?

Sorry, what do you mean by when you use your GPU it says transcode HW?

Are you passing your GPU to the container?

are you booting unRAID in non GUI? Have you got any other containers that could be using your iGPU? Also is iGPU enabled in the bios?

21 minutes ago, techsperion said:

Sorry, what do you mean by when you use your GPU it says transcode HW?

Are you passing your GPU to the container?

are you booting unRAID in non GUI? Have you got any other containers that could be using your iGPU? Also is iGPU enabled in the bios?

I user to have a GTX 1060 passed to the plex docker and that was working fine. I removed it. Unraid is running non GUI and iGPU is enabled in the bios. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, techsperion said:

I’m not sure if that’s messing with things. Have you got a spare usb lying around to install a test unRAID with?

I got it working now! i needed to uninstall the nvidia version of unraid (back to stock) and that did the trick! thank you for helping

• Upvote 1