New RIOT.IM Docker - Anyone done this?

rennige

Hi,

Interested in setting up my own hosted text chat & voice call server for family communications.

Had a look at options available and one called RIOT.IM fits what I am looking for.

While I have a few dockers installed already they all came from the CA community, so no real experience in creating one from scratch.

Hoping someone here has already blazed the trail or could point me in the right direction.

From what I can see I need a docker that has both the RIOT.IM application as well as the Matrix components installed together.

thanks, Nigel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just found out about riot.im and am looking at a way to wean myself off of every other chat, voice, and video service out there that I don't run myself and this looks like it would fit the bill nicely... Alas, I just don't have the knowledge to be able to set this up myself as it seems like it is rather complicated if you don't know what to do. I would donate a minimum of $20 to anyone of the big guys who would be willing and able to to make this something I can work with in unRAID. No joke, this would be PERFECT for my needs. I'm not too noobish and I have set up nextcloud, pfSense VM, reverse proxies. Grafana, that one was a BEAR but oh so useful when you finally get it working smoothly. So I have an idea of how to set up a lot of the more complicated dockers and such, just not enough to do that part myself as I am still learning.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...