Windows 10 VM won’t boot and is stuck in booting up

Good day everyone.

For one month now I have been using Unraid. So far I am really satisfied with it.

In that same timespan though, this month, I was trying to set up a Windows 10 VM.

First thing I did was downloading the official Windows 10 ISO by Microsoft.

Now to my issue: when I’m trying to start my VM, the installer of Win 10 is being booted and works through everything needed. After this installation process it wants me to reboot the system, which I’m giving it permission to.

After this exact reboot nothing works anymore. I’m basically stuck in the bootmenu.

Right now, I am not dedicating by GPU to the process, but just use VNC Remote.

The only thing I’m seeing after the reboot, is the picture staying black, a picture of TIANOCORE and below that picture the casual buffering circle spinning, telling me it’s doing something. The buffering circle also gets stuck after a while.

My CPU load is pretty heavy as well, 100% to be precise for one core only though. When the buffering circle stops spinning as described above, the CPU load is 100% for everyone single core assigned to the VM.

I’m attaching my .xml below.

I hope there’s someone who can help me with this issue as me and my friend cannot seem to make any progress.

The specs of the system are:

Unraid Version: 6.6.6

Mainboard: MSI Z97-G43

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1245 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Kevin

VM Settings.xml

2 hours ago, Xtremehosting24 said:

Have the VM now put on a Core.
see image!

Thought the Core 0/4 are intended for Unraid?

The installation is started and the system just loads all updates ..

bild.JPG

You're saying that worked?  It's not so much which core is assigned, I think what's important is there is only 1 core assigned (and I guess it's ok to assign both hyperthreads).  This is a quirk of windows installer.  Probably what's happening is that some legacy code is being used at some point which is able to put machine in state where only a single core is active, perhaps to solve concurrency issue, and for some reason, this code doesn't work in VM environment - that's my theory anyway.  I've found that once the initial install completes, you can assign whatever cores you want and subsequent windows updates seem to work ok; but I must confess, I always get "worried" about the major yearly updates ;)

btw: unless isolated via kernel parameter, Linux (unraid) will use all cores.

The problem is not solved yet!
I have added my Geforce GTX970 to the VM.
Have the remaining cores also added to the VM except
CPU 0 / 4. That should stay there for unraid ?!

Have the graphics driver installed.
Logitech driver and firefox.

Have then restarted the VM via windows 10.
That's what's up with Tiano Core again.
It happens again nothing it just turns ..