503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hi there

I need some help.  When I try to logging onto my Unraid 6.6.6 I get this 503 error. I've tried both Chrome and IE 11 and it happens on each. I can still access my shares and see files. I can also access via SSH and the last thing I did was run a parity check which was supposed to finish earlier on in the day. I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this. 

Annoyingly my instant thought having worked in IT was to power cycle it however that made no difference and I'm going to say that has probably killed off the logs.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

503.png

Hi Squid

It seems you were right. I checked both my desktop and Laptop and my laptop had a Unraid window open in another tab. Closed both and rebooted both devices, then turned on my Unraid server and I once again have access to my GUI.

Thank you for quick reply and help, had a mini panic attack but better now! :)

GUI.png

Interesting.  It was a strange error that I hadn't seen before in the syslogs that made it obvious that FCP was open on another device / tab, but the error wasn't what it should have been under those circumstances (and the "normal" error that would appear also wouldn't have caused you an issue)

Just reviewed some of the logs and I see what you mean about the 10.0.0.29 device. I guess maybe it was a looping browser keeping connections? Odd though, I swear historically I've logged onto my Unraid for multiple devices and not necessarily always logged off yet this is the first time I've seen the error and not been able to access the GUI, even after a reboot.

Do you know if there is a mechanism in place that stops access after maybe too many logons? I'm just trying to suss out what alert in the syslog means. It almost seems like there is a ACL isolating access after too many incorrect retries.

Feb 14 21:58:15 Gandi nginx: 2019/02/14 21:58:15 [error] 7995#7995: *4 limiting requests, excess: 20.393 by zone "authlimit", client: 10.0.0.29, server: , request: "POST /plugins/fix.common.problems/include/fixExec.php HTTP/2.0", host: "REMOVED.unraid.net", referrer: "https://hash.unraid.net/Settings/FixProblems"

Nevertheless thanks for your help again.