Unraid Unmenu not working anymore

Endlaw

So, i have been testing this server for a couple weeks.

Today i put in another processor / heatsink and a couple fans for it, and then moved 16GB of ram to the 2nd Proc's bank.

Boot up Unraid, no web gui. Netowrk / ssh etc all work.

I have a monitor configured with a mouse and keyboard so i can see that the Unraid-Guimode works fine however the Unmenu (all the options etc) are not working.

Firefox gives an unable to connect error as though the web services are not running anymore...

I read that a 32GB USB might cause this kind of thing... so i remade a new different 8GB USB for a test, and have the same result.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

diagnostics produces the following:

root@Highplex:/# diagnostics
Starting diagnostics collection... awk: cmd. line:1: (FILENAME=/highplex.3.0-diagnostics-20190214-1751/logs/syslog.txt FNR=54) warning: Invalid multibyte data detected. There may be a mismatch between your data and your locale.
done.
ZIP file '/boot/logs/highplex.3.0-diagnostics-20190214-1751.zip' created.

highplex.3.0-diagnostics-20190214-1751.zip

Do you really mean Unmenu? Or are you actually talking about the Unraid webUI?

Unmenu was an addon from before Unraid V6. I don't think it is being maintained anymore.

16 minutes ago, Endlaw said:

the Unmenu (all the options etc) are not working.

Not at all clear what you are talking about. Maybe a screenshot would help.

Oh sorry for the delay on a response here, I figured I must have done something off in configuring this server.  

So i rebuilt it, New install on a  different USB drive and it has happened again. Exact same symptoms. 

To answer the questions above, the mistake i might have made is clarifying the Gui that isn't loading is the management interface via Browser (in this case http://192.168.1.196/main)- to access the Menu, Docker, Tools etc.

-I am able to SSH in, (though my linux is very weak, and one reason i like unraid, is the webgui ;( )

-I am able to ping the server inside out, DNS is working internally and externally however i am only using IP's atm,

-I am also able to use the Unraid - OS Gui mode Firefox to access the internet and say post my issue here.

The strange thing is this happened just after a reboot of several days of the server ONLY running Plex and the array not being in production / streaming.  I was building the library's and pulling metadata down.  No VM's, No Dockers (other than Plex), No special settings running 6.6.6.0 RC. 

Reboot from the Plex docker seeming to lock up ? Become unresponsive, and the GUI is gone. 

Any help?

Restart GUI
/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart
/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload 

Produce: Nginx is not running

Tried

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start

unable to load certificate

22584953771840:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE

Starting Nginx server daemon...

nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/etc/ssl/certs/unraid_bundle.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

Try booting from another USB port, preferably USB2.

Trurl - thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. 

Moved the USB same result, ssh in  and try to start ngix

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start

unable to load certificate

23123519932224:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE

Starting Nginx server daemon...

nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/etc/ssl/certs/unraid_bundle.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)

I also removed all disk related information from disks.cfg in case that is causing a problem... 

;( odd to say the least... my other server for years has never had an issue with the GUI...

• 3 years later...
On 2/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, Endlaw said:

For those that find this issue happening, and I am still not sure what is causing this, but a simple fix is to remove 

/config/ssl* and reboot the server.  The server will recreate the PEM files and boot up without issue.

Thanks all who had input. 

this doesn't work for me =(

21 minutes ago, nktm85 said:

this doesn't work for me =(

You should start your own thread with a complete description of your problem and diagnostics if possible. This is a very old thread, not clear how much of it might be relevant to your specific problem, or indeed relevant to recent versions of Unraid.

And the title of the thread is very misleading. I assume you aren't trying to run unMenu (pre-V6 addon UI).