[REQUEST] Firefly III

dj_sim

• 3 months later...

i have just figured out an issue on the new version of firefly 5.0.5
if you are getting a error in your log that looks like this:
local.ERROR: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] received invalid response to SSL negotiation: t (SQL: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name" = is_demo_site and "configuration"."deleted_at" is null limit 1) {"exception":"[object] (Illuminate\\Database\\QueryException(code: 7): SQLSTATE[08006] [7] received invalid response to SSL negotiation: t (SQL: select \"id\", \"name\", \"data\" from \"configuration\" where \"name\" = is_demo_site and \"configuration\".\"deleted_at\" is null limit 1) at /var/www/firefly-iii/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php:669)

and the web ui shows:
image.thumb.png.8df8ad3f11a0136f1254bd04ab0fef98.png

then you need to set a new variable in your container that looks like this
Screenshot_2020-02-15_19-33-55.png.5246b3bb509b372e7f662192dbecb49f.png

1. make the name whatever you want and put the key as DB_CONNECTION

2. in value put: mysql
if you are using mariadb or mysql (or anything else that is based/is another form of mysql)
OR
put in: postgre (this could be wrong, if so please post what the variable should be)
if you are using postgre (or anything that is based/ is another form of Postgre)

i hope this helps someone and gets put into the docker to avoid problems

• Thanks 1

Hi There. I have set up Firefly III using the template from jc5x/firefly-iii. I have connected the mysql DB (after adding the additional DB_CONNECTION var) and I can see in the log that everything gets created as expected. however when I try to load the Webpage I get a "Whoops: Fatal Error".

This is my first time setting up and using firefly - I appreciate your help.

Updated version.

Application cache cleared!
Configuration cache cleared!
Configuration cached successfully!
Run chown on /mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/storage
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| |
| Thank you for installing Firefly III, v5.0.5! |
| |
| |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Go!
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.8. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.8. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Tue Feb 18 22:30:15.978258 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) PHP/7.3.14 OpenSSL/1.1.1d configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Feb 18 22:30:15.978297 2020] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'

thanks; 

now I can reach my service both with my unraidIP+port 5080 and via my domainname firefly.mydomain.somthing but I can only register + login via unraidIP. When I connect via mydomain; I get the login page, but nothing happens after clicking the Sign In button......

EDIT//// Solved it: add another variable TRUSTED_PROXIES =**

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 09.07.12.png

Edited by faelterman
On 2/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, cutthroat said:

i have just figured out an issue on the new version of firefly 5.0.5
if you are getting a error in your log that looks like this:
local.ERROR: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] received invalid response to SSL negotiation: t (SQL: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name" = is_demo_site and "configuration"."deleted_at" is null limit 1) {"exception":"[object] (Illuminate\\Database\\QueryException(code: 7): SQLSTATE[08006] [7] received invalid response to SSL negotiation: t (SQL: select \"id\", \"name\", \"data\" from \"configuration\" where \"name\" = is_demo_site and \"configuration\".\"deleted_at\" is null limit 1) at /var/www/firefly-iii/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php:669)

and the web ui shows:
image.thumb.png.8df8ad3f11a0136f1254bd04ab0fef98.png

then you need to set a new variable in your container that looks like this
Screenshot_2020-02-15_19-33-55.png.5246b3bb509b372e7f662192dbecb49f.png

1. make the name whatever you want and put the key as DB_CONNECTION

2. in value put: mysql
if you are using mariadb or mysql (or anything else that is based/is another form of mysql)
OR
put in: postgre (this could be wrong, if so please post what the variable should be)
if you are using postgre (or anything that is based/ is another form of Postgre)

i hope this helps someone and gets put into the docker to avoid problems

I'm trying to install this for the first time and this helped, thanks.  Still stuck at the fatal error screen but since I updated this the firefly container can recognize the connect to the mariadb container

12 hours ago, UnraidDuck said:

Did you try adding the additional path for the logs?

I did - so far I've added a few paths and variables based on this forum and some suggestions from reddit.

I just opened up my docker tab to list out everything that I've added for you but I decided to try opening the web gui again just to see what would happen and now it's working.  I haven't done anything since last night when I added the variables and paths, so who knows why it wasn't working back then.

Anyway for anyone wondering, I added these things (thanks cutthroat, UnraidDuck & faelterman):

Config Type: Variable

Name: LOG_Channel

Key: LOG_Channel

Value: stdout

Name: DB_CONNECTION

Key: DB_CONNECTION

Value: mysql

Config Type: Path

Name: Logs Path

Container Path (MAY VARY ON YOUR SETUP): /var/www/firefly-iii/storage/logs

Host Path (MAY VARY ON YOUR SETUP): /mnt/cache/appdata/firefly-iii/logs/

Name: TRUSTED_PROXIES

Key: TRUSTED_PROXIES

Value: **

16 hours ago, AcidReign said:

Edit: Interisting, I just let the docker run over night and now I can login and everything works fine.

Whatever it was, it healed itself.

Had the same thing happening to me about a month ago. After a Docker restart however I was stuck again with FF3 not working. Log files looking OK?

• 4 months later...

Currently having issues with the following:

| |
| Thank you for installing Firefly III, v5.3.0! |
| This version of Firefly III requires PHP7.4. |
| |
Go!

Getting connection "This site can’t be reached"

Anyone have a solution?

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 5:41 AM, Chopsting said:

Currently having issues with the following:

| |
| Thank you for installing Firefly III, v5.3.0! |
| This version of Firefly III requires PHP7.4. |
| |
Go!

Getting connection "This site can’t be reached"

Anyone have a solution?

I have a solution that worked for me.

remove `Host Port 1:`

add a new Port

Config Type: Port

Name: Host Port 1

Container Port: 8080

Host Port: 5080
Connection Type: TCP

you can check to see if this will help you before you try it if you like.
my container uses `Console shell command: Bash`

with the container running open up console and run the following command.

cat /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf

if you see `<VirtualHost *:8080>` then this port change will probably help.

NOTE: i didn't need to do anything else in this thread, only needed to change the port

I can confirm that as of 8/23/2020, if you create a fresh install of Firefly-III (v.5.3.3), you need to do the following.

1. spin up a mariadb  container.

2. create the database, user , and password for user as firefly container will not but expect it to be there.

a. console into mariadb container

b. type following:

mysql -uroot -p

<enter the root password you created in spinning up the mariadb container>

CREATE USER 'firefly' IDENTIFIED BY 'firefly';   (this creates the user firefly with password firefly)

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS fireflydb;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON  fireflydb.* TO 'firefly' IDENTIFIED BY 'firefly';

quit

c. return to unraid gui

3. spin up the firefly-iii container via community applications

4. remove the line 'Host Port 1' as that is not updated with what latest version of container changed

5. go down toward end and 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device'

a. here in 'Container Port:' put '8080'

b. in 'Host Port:' you can put what ever you want, the default  was '5080'

c. click apply and spin up new container

6. go to <ipofunraid:5080> and finish up creating a user account and oddly requirement of 16 char password.

Hope this helps anyone who's trying to get this program running. :)