pointers for setting up R710

mrbilky

I have all the parts needed i.e. HBA, cables and was looking for any advice for configuring the server, I figure the first order is to delete all raid volumes and make any changes to the bios while the perc6i is still on board then was going to power down and move forward with installing the new HBA and cables then installing the flash drive in the onboard USB any other issues that would pose a problem the drives currently are SAS drives never had one before is there any issues there was going to try and plug the HBA into the pcie slot that the perc6i is in is that doable or is it proprietary thanks up front for any assistance you may have!

5 hours ago, jonathanm said:

From your description of deleting all raid volumes, I'm assuming you don't have any data you want to keep on those drives?

HaHa yeah correct working with a new slate but it came with 4 sas drives and windows server 2016 trial loaded on the system and it does have a raid volume setup think its raid 0 I've been reading the manual it states that bay 0 and 1 must be populated with sas drives then the other 4 can be sas or sata if I am removing the perc6i does that rule still apply I would think not?