Parity check running Every night

Update unRaid to 6.6.6 - Quite probable that you have it set to run on Sundays - There's a bug in early 6.6 where Sunday wasn't a valid day

1. Always post diagnostics instead of a syslog.  It makes life easier for us to help, and we also can't determine what your settings are for the parity check schedule to boot.
Edited by Squid
46 minutes ago, Squid said:

Update unRaid to 6.6.6 - Quite probable that you have it set to run on Sundays - There's a bug in early 6.6 where Sunday wasn't a valid day

1. Always post diagnostics instead of a syslog.  It makes life easier for us to help, and we also can't determine what your settings are for the parity check schedule to boot.

This setting (sunday at 0100) has worked without a hitch on this version until about a week ago. I will however, update and reset calendar to monday instead

mediaserver1-diagnostics-20190216-1027.zip

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Assuming you updated Unraid, it might be necessary to make a change to the schedule just to get the old bad schedule cleared.

Trying that now, I have moved the scheduled day to Saturday. If it doesn't run tonight I will know and will post either way, thanks so much for the help,

Ice

Edited by icedragonslair

Parity check ran on new schedule last night except it is now finding a error 
Feb 23 01:00:01 mediaserver1 kernel: ata5.00: exception Emask 0x52 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x400c01 action 0x6 frozen Feb 23 01:00:01 mediaserver1 kernel: ata5.00: irq_stat 0x08000000, interface fatal error

Feb 23 01:00:01 mediaserver1 kernel: ata5.00: exception Emask 0x52 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x400c01 action 0x6 frozen
Feb 23 01:00:01 mediaserver1 kernel: ata5.00: irq_stat 0x08000000, interface fatal error

With all the reading i have done this may just be a cable or power cable error (would make sense if there is a defective one, since I just changed them all).
I have included diag 

mediaserver1-diagnostics-20190223-1205.zip

36 minutes ago, trurl said:

Syslog says ata5 is Disk16. SMART looks OK for that disk.

Yeah I saw that too, its why I am confused, is t maybe spinning down? and if so how do I stop that from happening?

By the way Constructor, Thank you so much, and same to all here that help myself and others

Edited by icedragonslair
2 hours ago, icedragonslair said:

With all the reading i have done this may just be a cable or power cable error (would make sense if there is a defective one, since I just changed them all).

^This seems likely

1 hour ago, icedragonslair said:

By the way Constructor, Thank you so much

NP, Advanced Member😉

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...