Running a syslog server docker

wgstarks

9 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I found a blog post describing setting up a syslog-ng docker since it looks like there isn’t one yet for unRAID. Not sure if this would work for the host though. Would a docker running on unRAID be able to monitor the unRAID logs?

Are you wanting to do something different than the Syslog Server functionality now included in the latest unRAID 6.7.0 rc?

image.thumb.png.e8c5efc4230af996671321ff746fc77c.png

24 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I wanted to be able to log from remote equipment (router) as well as unRAID server. Maybe I’m just not understanding how to do that in 6.7?

Go to Settings -> Syslog Server, enable the Local Syslog Server and set a port and a folder to store the data in.  Then give your router the IP of Unraid and port you specified.

Go to Tools -> System Log and there is a new dropdown where you can specify which log file you want to look at.  Or you can access the files directly in the folder you specified.

4 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Unraid's log is still in /var/log/syslog .  If you also want it in the new log folder you can set Unraid up as it's own remote syslog server.  Just put your Unraid IP in the "Remote syslog server" area.

3 minutes ago, strike said:

Exactly what I missed. Thanks.

• 1 year later...