[Support] binhex - PrivoxyVPN

6 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

For what it’s worth, I just set up binhex jackett using the network of binhex delugevpn following spaceinvader’s video. Can access jacket UI without problems and have confirmed it is using the VPN tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried with Jackett and still the same problem, I am obviously missing something but have watched the video 3 times and tried various dockers but always the same?

image.thumb.png.7754910f6ce1dfe39c5619333da07efb.png

image.thumb.png.809c55cf196e8f56fe9363af845a81c3.png

image.thumb.png.122f733e4bea0b971d06451efe5235e6.png

I can confirm (like others that cannot get this working) that each docker I try is using the vpn tunnel but I just cannot access the webui of each docker

And just to confirm, your unRAID IP is 192.168.0.33 and you are using v6.8.3?

No ad blockers or similar used in your browser?

20 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

And just to confirm, your unRAID IP is 192.168.0.33 and you are using v6.8.3?

No ad blockers or similar used in your browser?

Hey, 

yes, unraid IP is 192.168.0.33

yes, V6.8.3

no ad blockers of any kind, tried accessing from 3 machines, as soon as I change back to bridge network, remove the extra params and the port entry in binhex-delugevpn I can access the webui again..

6 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Just tried with Jackett and still the same problem, I am obviously missing something but have watched the video 3 times and tried various dockers but always the same?

image.thumb.png.7754910f6ce1dfe39c5619333da07efb.png

image.thumb.png.809c55cf196e8f56fe9363af845a81c3.png

image.thumb.png.122f733e4bea0b971d06451efe5235e6.png

If you are on 6.8.x the "Extra Parameters" method of Docker networking won't work anymore. You need to create a customer Docker network from the UnRAID command line that is named the same as your VPN container, then remove the extra parameters from your Jackett etc. containers and set the network type to Custom: container:name-of-your-custom-network. Unless you intentionally changed the version of Docker you are using in the Docker settings, the default for UnRAID 8.6.3 should be Docker 19.03.05.

5 minutes ago, IceNine451 said:

If you are on 6.8.x the "Extra Parameters" method of Docker networking won't work anymore. You need to create a customer Docker network from the UnRAID command line that is named the same as your VPN container, then remove the extra parameters from your Jackett etc. containers and set the network type to Custom: container:name-of-your-custom-network. Unless you intentionally changed the version of Docker you are using in the Docker settings, the default for UnRAID 8.6.3 should be Docker 19.03.05.

@SpaceInvaderOne says 6.8.3 or above? I am on 6.8.3

5 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

@SpaceInvaderOne says 6.8.3 or above? I am on 6.8.3

Can you also check your Docker settings? The Docker version changed at 6.8, your screenshots look like you might still be running an older version of Docker, which can be changed in the settings. Under Settings -> Docker it will show you the version you are using, which can only be changed when Docker is disabled.

image.thumb.png.42278e3d5d6111b4b8ae7f8ffaf886cb.png

1 minute ago, IceNine451 said:

Can you also check your Docker settings? The Docker version changed at 6.8, your screenshots look like you might still be running an older version of Docker, which can be changed in the settings. Under Settings -> Docker it will show you the version you are using, which can only be changed when Docker is disabled.

image.thumb.png.42278e3d5d6111b4b8ae7f8ffaf886cb.png

Having the same problem accessing web UI, I am using the manually created "docker network create container:vpn" and not "--net=container:vpn" extra parameter on unRAID 6.8.3 with Docker version 19.03.5.

16 minutes ago, ZooMass said:

Having the same problem accessing web UI, I am using the manually created "docker network create container:vpn" and not "--net=container:vpn" extra parameter on unRAID 6.8.3 with Docker version 19.03.5.

Have you tried @SpaceInvaderOne latest video method? I was under the impression that the "extra parameters" method didn't work beyond 6.7.x but he appears to be making it work on 6.9.0b1. Otherwise it appears like your setup is the same as mine and I don't see anything obvious that would be causing yours to not work. What I would check next I guess is the logs for the Jackett container to make sure it is actually starting up properly. If it isn't for some reason you will fail to reach it like what is happening.

10 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, all the dockers are starting, I can use the console to check the IP address and can confirm all working just no webui

am on 19.03.5 docker version as well

And what does the Jackett logs say, like IceNine451 suggested? It's possible for the container to start and use the delugevpn network, but the Jackett application itself might be having problems.

This is what my logs look like on a successful start:

2020-04-13 13:19:55,749 DEBG 'jackett' stdout output:
04-13 13:19:55 Info Jackett startup finished in 2.927 s

2020-04-13 13:19:55,749 DEBG 'jackett' stdout output:
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: /usr/lib/jackett/Content
Now listening on: http://[::]:9117
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.

And if you run top from the docker console, you should see jackett listed as a process

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.28.35 pm.png

Edited by Jorgen

@mbc0 Jackett has a setting for allowing "External access". Not sure exactly what it does, but if I turn it off I can't get to the Web UI either when using the delugevpn network. If I turn it on the Web UI is accessible again.

If you can't get to the UI to change it, you can edit the config file directly in config/ServerConfig.json and restart the container.

151297896_ScreenShot2020-04-13at5_32_33pm.png.9f3a4c1325e6e267e72a3cb962515f61.png

Hey,

Since I'm routing other dockers network via this docker, I'd like to do an addition to the iptables rule list (nat) pointing from an open external port via my vpn provider to a port attached to the docker. 

However, I'm unable to do so as the docker automatically clears any changes done to for example the .ovpn file (tried adding "up" command).

Is there any way to add an iptables row to be automatically applied on startup/connection to vpn?

10 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

Just to update, I have installed binhex-privoxyvpn and followed exactly the same guide from @SpaceInvaderOne and it works perfectly, for some reason it just doesn't work for me using binhex-delugvpn docker.

that is odd, as all of my vpn images are based off a common image, the only changes are around the starting and configuration of each app, the underlying iptables are pretty much the same, i am assuming you are using the 'latest' tagged delugevpn image right?, not hard set to v1.x?

23 minutes ago, binhex said:

that is odd, as all of my vpn images are based off a common image, the only changes are around the starting and configuration of each app, the underlying iptables are pretty much the same, i am assuming you are using the 'latest' tagged delugevpn image right?, not hard set to v1.x?

Maybe you are on to something there? the repository just says binhex/arch-delugevpn there is no :latest or anything but then so does your privoxy repository, that just says binhex/arch-privoxyvpn should that have :latest on it?

1 minute ago, mbc0 said:

Maybe you are on to something there? the repository just says binhex/arch-delugevpn there is no :latest or anything but then so does your privoxy repository, that just says binhex/arch-privoxyvpn should that have :latest on it?

nope, 'latest' is inferred  if not specified.

29 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

ok, I wish I knew,  I know I am not alone but tried a dozen plus times using the deluge vpn docker with no dice but the privoxy one works perfectly.

ok i can replicate the problem here, and i can see why its blocking when using delugevpn, the two unanswered questions are, why does this apparently work for nzbget (not tested, but shown in SIO's video), and secondly, why does this work for @mbc0 when using the privoxyvpn container (not tested by me yet) but not the delugevpn container (confirmed), something im missing here.

ive figured it out, privoxy requires additional relaxed iptables in order to operate due to the proxying nature, thus if you do not have enable_privoxy set to yes then you wont be able to use delugevpn's network for other container, if you set privoxy to yes then this permits any LAN device access to the delugevpn network, thats why it works for SIO, as he must have enable_privoxy set to yes, and that is why it works with privoxyvpn (obviously privoxy enabled) :-).

so thats far from ideal, as you may not want or need privoxy but still want to route containers through the network, the better way to achieve this is to use the 'addtional_ports' env var mechanism that i have in place for sabnzbdvpn, and then you simply specify the ports you want to allow using this env var.

so i will need to include additional_ports in all the other docker images for this to work, which will take me a few hours to test.

• Like 2

Thank you for working this out @binhex that is great! 

I am afraid due to lack of knowledge I do not fully understand everything you say so to put in lamens terms to be able to route lidarr-lad, sab, jackett etc through privoxy is it working properly or not? can it work properly on *any* container I would like to put through your privoxy docker?

Thank you again!