[Support] binhex - PrivoxyVPN

26 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

From what I understand for radarr etc to talk to jackett I would have to include them in the vpn network

incorrect, if radarr is running in its own container NOT part of the vpn network, then you should be able to get radarr to communicate with another docker container(in this case jackett) inside the vpn network, this IS permitted, as long as ADDITIONAL_PORTS is defined correctly AND the 'port' for the application (in this case jackett, so port 9117) is added to the vpn container.

28 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

but for xteve to talk to emby I would then also have to move emby inside as well which would possibly lead to speed issues as the vpn is much slower.

this IS correct, IF xteve needs to communicate with emby (not the other way around, as that IS allowed) then yes you would need to have emby inside the vpn network too, or alternatively move xteve out of the vpn network.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

are you sure about the config for the index site?, and secondly can you confirm no proxy settings for radarr?.

I am sorry but what do you mean by index site?  if you mean the torznab feed address I have updated all those, the only difference is the IP has changed from 192.168.0.38 to 192.168.0.33

Nothing has been changed in jackett or radarr (other than the torznab feeds mentioned above)

radarr has proxy disabled.

Before the update I was using privoxy for various apps including nzbhydra, jackett, radarr, and now the problem child sickchill

All the others are working fine as I already had bypass locals and bypass my grabbers, but now sickchill can not sent nzbs to SABnzbd. Is there any way to tell it to bypass locals (I have not found a way), besides moving everything over to sonarr? :D

Hey all and @binhex

I started to notice that my sonarr and radarr are starting to show that they can't connect to the client.

Unable to communicate with Deluge. The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.15:8112/json'

I'm using binhex-delugevpn that  is super great and hoping there is a easy fix.

And this is what I'm seeing within the delugevpn log:

2021-03-01 19:01:56,181 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-03-01 19:01:57,186 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-03-01 19:01:57,191 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

2021-03-01 19:02:32,588 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-03-01 19:02:32,589 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-01 19:02:33,593 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-01 19:02:33,597 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-01 19:03:03,961 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-03-01 19:03:03,962 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-01 19:03:04,965 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-01 19:03:04,969 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

radarr.thumb.PNG.552f62107642572d5e2f8731732a9dc8.PNG

sonarr.PNG

• Like 1

Hey binhex! Thanks for making such great containers. I know it's been a busy week for you in this forum, but i just had a question for clarity sake:

I know you added the ADDITIONAL_PORTS variable to the container recently to "tighten up", but how is this variable used exactly?

I currently have everything running under the new config, with sonarr/radarr/lidarr using the privoxvpn network stack, but it seems that I still need the individual port maps (container:host) to access the WebUI for each service, as well as entered again in the ADDITIONAL_PORTS variable?

My assumption is that any ports being added to the privoxvpn network stack should be both added as both a docker port as well as added to the additional ports variable, correct?

9 hours ago, mrtech213 said:

I started to notice that my sonarr and radarr are starting to show that they can't connect to the client.

Unable to communicate with Deluge. The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.15:8112/json'

see recommended post at the top.

6 hours ago, SeeGee said:

I currently have everything running under the new config, with sonarr/radarr/lidarr using the privoxvpn network stack, but it seems that I still need the individual port maps (container:host) to access the WebUI for each service

you dont need to do this, see recommended post q25. spoiler - use 'localhost'

4 minutes ago, mrtech213 said:

I performed the force update for deluge, radarr, and sonarr.   Its still doing the same thing.  Do you want me to provide you logs?

did you read the recommended post?, it does not mention force updating.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

did you read the recommended post?, it does not mention force updating.

Yea, when I went to the top of the forum, I selected the recommend post and this is what is written:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been an issue raised on GitHub related to tracker announce request IP leakage under certain circumstances, after careful review of iptables i have tightened up the rules to prevent this. A new image has now been rolled out for all vpn enabled docker images (25th Feb 2021) i produce with the fix in place, i would encourage everyone to update to the recently created 'latest' tagged image.

You can force the upgrade by toggling 'basic view' to 'advanced view' and then clicking on 'force update' link for each container, or by clicking on the 'check for updates' button at the bottom and then click on 'update all'.

for transparency, here is the link to the (now closed off) issue:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/80

IMPORTANT
As part of the tightening up if you run multiple containers through a single vpn container and are encountering issues then please read Q25 from the following link:-
https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

As part of the tightening up if you run privoxy and are encountering issues then please read Q26 from the following link:-

Just now, mrtech213 said:

Yea, when I went to the top of the forum, I selected the recommend post and this is what is written:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been an issue raised on GitHub related to tracker announce request IP leakage under certain circumstances, after careful review of iptables i have tightened up the rules to prevent this. A new image has now been rolled out for all vpn enabled docker images (25th Feb 2021) i produce with the fix in place, i would encourage everyone to update to the recently created 'latest' tagged image.

You can force the upgrade by toggling 'basic view' to 'advanced view' and then clicking on 'force update' link for each container, or by clicking on the 'check for updates' button at the bottom and then click on 'update all'.

for transparency, here is the link to the (now closed off) issue:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/80

IMPORTANT
As part of the tightening up if you run multiple containers through a single vpn container and are encountering issues then please read Q25 from the following link:-

As part of the tightening up if you run privoxy and are encountering issues then please read Q26 from the following link:-

ok and you clicked on the relevant link shown under IMPORTANT and read it?.

44 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok and you clicked on the relevant link shown under IMPORTANT and read it?.

I'm really sorry. I read the Important link and went to Q25  but I'm still unsure what ports I need to add or remove.   Do I need to make changes to the DelgueVPN docker and add some more ports??

Edited by mrtech213
15 hours ago, mrtech213 said:

Unable to communicate with Deluge

so how have you setup sonarr and radarr?, are you routing sonarr and radarr through privoxyvpn or are you using privoxy (proxy) for sonarr and radarr?, also what container are you using for deluge?, deluge or delugevpn?.

8 minutes ago, binhex said:

so how have you setup sonarr and radarr?, are you routing sonarr and radarr through privoxyvpn or are you using privoxy (proxy) for sonarr and radarr?, also what container are you using for deluge?, deluge or delugevpn?.

I have sonarr and radarr routing traffic through my delugeVPNimage.thumb.png.4ed5ec109a1d2cc95757cdeb91e7acb4.png

image.thumb.png.ba641dbf025001e58b523dbdf02b42a4.png

Edited by mrtech213
1 hour ago, mrtech213 said:

I have sonarr and radarr routing traffic through my delugeVPN

ok so you are using privoxy, from Q26.:-

A26. Due to iptables tightening you need to now bypass local addresses for proxy connection in index applications, for Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr this can be achieved by editing the value for 'Ignored Addresses' under the Settings/General/Proxy and entering in the IP address of the unRAID server running the VPN container. This will then bypass using Privoxy (proxy server) for connections to the local server, and thus allow a direct connection to the download client.

15 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so you are using privoxy, from Q26.:-

A26. Due to iptables tightening you need to now bypass local addresses for proxy connection in index applications, for Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr this can be achieved by editing the value for 'Ignored Addresses' under the Settings/General/Proxy and entering in the IP address of the unRAID server running the VPN container. This will then bypass using Privoxy (proxy server) for connections to the local server, and thus allow a direct connection to the download client.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!   its working :)    I love your applications!     quick question:

what about my settings for Jackett and Bazarr?   These two applications are also routing through the delugeVPN

image.thumb.png.0cf6e6fe6b114fc02de8fb813fbcd621.png

image.thumb.png.46a4c87a4a2466bf5618becfac35f822.png

8 minutes ago, mrtech213 said:

what about my settings for Jackett and Bazarr?   These two applications are also routing through the delugeVPN

jackett doesnt talk to deluge so no worries there, Bazarr i know nothing about, does it talk to deluge?, if so check the proxy settings for the app.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

jackett doesnt talk to deluge so no worries there, Bazarr i know nothing about, does it talk to deluge?, if so check the proxy settings for the app.

ok cool   I'll check the settings out for Bazarr but yea all is working now    truly thank you so much for the creation of these apps and the support   :)    

But another quick question, since I set the Addresses for the proxy to ignore to the address of my server (which is the same address I set within the proxy setting for the hostname and port). Is the traffic from sonarr and radarr still going through my delugeVPN???

Edited by mrtech213
4 minutes ago, mrtech213 said:

But another quick question, since I set the Addresses for the proxy to ignore to the address of my server (which is the same address I set within the proxy setting for the hostname and port). Is the traffic from sonarr and radarr still going through my delugeVPN???

yes, its only bypassing traffic for local network, if sonarr makes a request to https://myfavindexsite.com then it wont match the bypass and thus will use the defined proxy.

• Like 1