[Support] binhex - PrivoxyVPN

Got it. But what's the difference between routing any container using privoxyvpn and setting up proxy settings in, say for example, sonarr/radarr like spaceinvader one did here?

There is a big difference, proxy will forward HTTPS traffic only, whereas binding network ensures ALL traffic is sent down the VPN tunnel

To be clear, for sonarr proxy is fine as it is HTTPS traffic only

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

There is a big difference, proxy will forward HTTPS traffic only, whereas binding network ensures ALL traffic is sent down the VPN tunnel

To be clear, for sonarr proxy is fine as it is HTTPS traffic only

Thank you. Do you happen to know how to use the dynamic port forwarding of hide.me in qbittorrent? If yes, how do I configure it?

Thank you. Do you happen to know how to use the dynamic port forwarding of hide.me in qbittorrent? If yes, how do I configure it?

There is no support for automatic port assignment from that VPN provider

2 hours ago, binhex said:

There is no support for automatic port assignment from that VPN provider

BTW, if I use PIA, how do I know if port forwarding is ok and what port if forwarded?

2 hours ago, HHUBS said:

BTW, if I use PIA, how do I know if port forwarding is ok and what port if forwarded?

If you use the qbittorentvpn container that's taken care of for you automatically, and you can still send traffic for other containers through the container or use the proxy for the *arr apps.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HHUBS said:

Not sure if the straight binhex-privoxyvpn container is different from the binhex-qbittorrentvpn, but on the latter the logs will have a message that looks like this: [info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '####'

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just updated Privoxyvpn to the latest version, but now my Soulseek container that I'm running through Privoxy can't connect any longer.

EDIT: Solved. There was some issue with certificates on the side of AirVPN. Fixed it by renewing the cert from the Airvpn client area, then generating a new ovpn file and placing that in PrivoxyVPN's config folder, replacing the old file. Everything now working again.

Edited by lococola
  • Like 1

I'm only using the container to route other containers through the VPN. With all containers it has worked except binhex-plexpass, it is localy inaccessible even though I configure port 32400 on binhex-privoxyvpn, does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it?

Edited by francispb