[Closed] Trying to merge/cleanup duplicates from old backups (Unraid 6.6.6)

sjohnson

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good (set of) tool(s) with which to cleanup duplicate files (not created by Unraid, but with an old backup tool)

The jist of the problem is that I have several disks with similar copies of files, where the date/time stamps are off, so I need something that compares the content of the files to determine duplicates, so I was hoping to find a docker/app/vm that could assist with the cleanup, I've looked at the Diskover (couldn't get it to work) an DupGuru (crashed my server) dockers and via the forums found that they both seem to have issues...

Currently I've got a bunch of drives that have similar folder structures, with partial sets of files in them, so I basically need to combine the drives together to get a complete set, while removing (or renaming) any duplicates found during the merge.  I was planning to merge the drives one at a time until I'm left with one good/full copy and then go through the dups that aren't automatched to visually clean them up.

Just hoping for some pointers, or somesuch.

Thanks,

Edited by sjohnson