[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

Cool cool cool. It happened again:

my theme swapped to 'white' and I received an error message saying my WiFi config isn't supported by this version (I haven't changed versions). It also swapped times from 24 hour time to 12 hour time. I guess some config file somewhere got wiped.

Also, when I went to settings, the 'new in v6' video started playing, as if it was the first time I visited the page.

I'm looking at the WiFi options and can't see anything problematic there - and indeed the main settings (SSID + pw) remain unchanged.

Just another fun Unifi moment...

UnifiBooboo.png

13 hours ago, unraid-user said:

Hello.  I have a little issue where my new Unifi Switch isn't being picked up by my controller.

Controller is the version mentioned above that seems to work for a few others.

When I'm in the controller on the devices tab, I can see my switch and it just sits there forever saying adopting in the status column.  Been like that for weeks.  I'm new to the unify family.  I've read around that the switch maybe needs pointing to where the controller lives?

My network is basically that switch connected to my netgear router which is then connected to my modem (in modem only mode).

I have two UniFi AP's connected to the switch and everything network access works fine.  I can get internet. I can ftp across to my server that's sat on the same network from me laptop etc.

Any help appreciated as right now I'm using that switch like any other switch and not getting any benefit from it stats wise or able to configure anything on it.

Hi,

Been there, done that 🙂

Two possible solutions that worked for me:

- reset switch

- ensure your controller computer has a DNS resolvable hostname on your network(s) (you can ping it by name from your Unifi devices) then go into Settings on you controller, go to the controller section and ensure that your host name or IP address for your controller are entered intot he Controller Hostname/IP field, then check the Override inform host with Controller Hostname/IP like so:

b8282b56-d454-4d6f-96ac-5fef69a48807.png

Edited by Ritmjunk
  • Thanks 1
On 10/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, Ritmjunk said:

Hi,

Been there, done that 🙂

Two possible solutions that worked for me:

- reset switch

- ensure your controller computer has a DNS resolvable hostname on your network(s) (you can ping it by name from your Unifi devices) then go into Settings on you controller, go to the controller section and ensure that your host name or IP address for your controller are entered intot he Controller Hostname/IP field, then check the Override inform host with Controller Hostname/IP like so:

b8282b56-d454-4d6f-96ac-5fef69a48807.png

Absolute star.  Second option worked for me.  Sweet sweet stats.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, jademonkee said:

Cool cool cool. It happened again:

my theme swapped to 'white' and I received an error message saying my WiFi config isn't supported by this version (I haven't changed versions). It also swapped times from 24 hour time to 12 hour time. I guess some config file somewhere got wiped.

Also, when I went to settings, the 'new in v6' video started playing, as if it was the first time I visited the page.

I'm looking at the WiFi options and can't see anything problematic there - and indeed the main settings (SSID + pw) remain unchanged.

Just another fun Unifi moment...

UnifiBooboo.png

And it's happened AGAIN!

Wow, Unifi! Just amazing!

Has anyone else here experienced this? or is it just me?

If it's just me... anyone have idea what the cause could be? I'm at a loss why.

• Haha 1
On 11/8/2021 at 3:10 AM, jademonkee said:

Has anyone else here experienced this? or is it just me?

Have you checked in with the Unifi community forums?

I have never seen this error.  Of course, I am still on the controller version that actually works (5.14.23).  I have also been slow to update firmware but recently updated to the latest available for my devices (after watching the forums for weeks/months to see what others experienced).  My USG, switches, UAP-AC-LRs, AC-IW and U6-Lite have all been recently updated and seem to be working great.

Fortunately, I have no devices that require a 6.x.x controller version.  Even my U6-lite only needs 5.14 so I am good.

I upgraded to 6.5.53 two days ago and have had no issues.

There was a firmware update for my access points as well and while everything is working the feature "airtime fairness" no longer exists and has not existed for the last 2 firmware revisions with it looking like this is dropped as a feature anymore so if you used that then its gone just fyi if you upgrade your AP's. Its looking like its gone forever.

P

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

I upgraded to 6.5.53 two days ago and have had no issues.

There was a firmware update for my access points as well and while everything is working the feature "airtime fairness" no longer exists and has not existed for the last 2 firmware revisions with it looking like this is dropped as a feature anymore so if you used that then its gone just fyi if you upgrade your AP's. Its looking like its gone forever.

P

Also FYI: I updated yesterday from 6.4.?? (whatever the previous stable was) with no issues, too.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I was using a Cloud Key Gen2 to manage my network devices, it has now totally died and won't even power on after 2.5 years of use. Instead of buying another I'd like to use the unifi-controller container in Unraid.

What is the best way to adopt my devices with this new controller, do I really have to factory reset them and lose all my configuration?

Thanks! 

Been a while since I updated this from 5.14.23 to the latest 6.x but I have to do it because of log4j. No idea how to keep 5.14.23 and fix it, so am forced to update now, hope nothing goes wrong.

Any idea if we are supposed to use the tag 6.5.54-ls135 or version-6.5.54 or 6.5.54 for Unraid? The OS/ARCH seems the same. Thanks a lot in advance!

1 hour ago, CyberMew said:

Been a while since I updated this from 5.14.23 to the latest 6.x but I have to do it because of log4j. No idea how to keep 5.14.23 and fix it, so am forced to update now, hope nothing goes wrong.

Any idea if we are supposed to use the tag 6.5.54-ls135 or version-6.5.54 or 6.5.54 for Unraid? The OS/ARCH seems the same. Thanks a lot in advance!

Good luck! For me it worked with only small problems. Although I think I might have had to reset the APs so that they would adopt.

The tag I use is:

linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.5.54

Howdy.

I'm trying to migrate from the brettm257/unifi container to this one.  my current controller version shows up at 5.14.17, and I'd like to keep that for the time being.  I can't find the appropriate tag to install that version to start with.  any help picking the right one would be appreciated.