[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

13 minutes ago, wayner said:

Did you manually apply the log4j patch? 

Not yet but I assume it is possible by going into the unifi-controller container console and then to the /lib directory.

There you can see the log4j files and replace them as per the instructions you previously posted.  However, any container update may remove this "patch" requiring you to do this all over again.

image.png.7e815a3cb8cb02e936ea900bfba9ff9a.png

Edited by Hoopster
8 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Not yet but I assume it is possible by going into the unifi-controller container console and then to the /lib directory.

But the problem that I am having is that you are supposed to shut down the docker before doing this.  But when I shut down the docker I can't ssh into the docker using the command  "docker exec -it unifi-controller sh".  So how do you overcome this issue?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone using multi site with this? I tried to adopt 3 APs today for a new site, did the set-inform to my FQDN the APs appeared in my container but after clicking adopt they don't move into getting ready.

Can't do anything like change name, radio settings.

All 3 APs have the latest firmware... Correct ports also opened. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bally12345 said:

Is anyone using multi site with this?

17 sites here, with 30+ AP's

Are you sure you have all the needed ports? There's a whole list.

You also have the set inform override checked? You say you did set inform, but that could be interpreted as performed on the AP's, not necessarily the controller.

My procedure is to reset the AP to default, adopt it on the LAN local to controller assigned to the correct site, then when it's moved to any WAN address at the real physical site it has the proper FQDN set inform and phones home with full reporting and configuration abilities.

17 sites here, with 30+ AP's

Are you sure you have all the needed ports? There's a whole list.

You also have the set inform override checked? You say you did set inform, but that could be interpreted as performed on the AP's, not necessarily the controller.

My procedure is to reset the AP to default, adopt it on the LAN local to controller assigned to the correct site, then when it's moved to any WAN address at the real physical site it has the proper FQDN set inform and phones home with full reporting and configuration abilities.

I opened ports 8080, 8443 and 3478 for STUN are there more I need to open?

Also for the set inform address is the controller should it be your server ip or the FQDN?

I did do set infom on the APs but at site. Maybe I need to locally first.

2 hours ago, bally12345 said:

I opened ports 8080, 8443 and 3478 for STUN are there more I need to open?

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/218506997-UniFi-Ports-Used

Also for the set inform address is the controller should it be your server ip or the FQDN?

Depends. If you want the extra security of locking it to your specific WAN IP, or if you want the flexibility of moving the controller to a different IP by updating DNS.

I did do set infom on the APs but at site. Maybe I need to locally first.

You don't need to do set inform on the APs at all if you make the proper override entry in the controller and adopt them locally first. If it's impossible to adopt locally, then yes, you must manually set inform on the AP, but it's also required to make the override entry in the controller so the AP continues to be able to phone home and be controllable after adoption.

You don't need to do set inform on the APs at all if you make the proper override entry in the controller and adopt them locally first. If it's impossible to adopt locally, then yes, you must manually set inform on the AP, but it's also required to make the override entry in the controller so the AP continues to be able to phone home and be controllable after adoption.
So looks like il need to open some more ports.

I setup a subdomain pointing to my WAN IP eg unifi.mydomain.com which iv now set in the controller. I think the issue I had was the over ride inform address was set to my unraid ip. So it was in adoption loop.

Will see if I can take the APs a way failing that will need to try remote adopt.

I was sitting fine on 5.10.14 for a looong time😴, but now wanted to upgrade, due to a U6 LR AP I finally will mount, the log4j-bug and also I have to install a new site at some friends house, and they will have a version 6 controller (on a RPi), so I have to look a little ahead into version 6 🧐.

Anyway - earlier in the thread, positive confirmations was sought for, so just for reference for anyone else coming from old v5.x-versions, I successfully upgraded in two steps.

The path I took was: 5.10.14 --> 5.14.23-ls76 --> 6.5.55. No issues whatsoever. 😃

Also, I will just mention, that my old EOL'ed UAPv2 (used for improved outdoor coverage) still works - I updated to the last ever firmware for it just before upgrading the controller. It works as before, just has a little yellow warning sign next to it indicating that its EOL.

Next step will be to install the U6 LR, that I have had laying for far too long 😏

For reference, my UniFi equip list: USG, US-8-150W, US-8-60W, US8, 2*UAP-AC-LR, UAPv2.

Edited by nia
10 hours ago, thebigjb said:

How did you update is there just a command to run?

I've changed the tag on the docker image.

If you edit your container you can change your Repository to be

linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.5.55

I've had 0 issues with 6.5.55 since I upgraded

Edited by CrashnBrn
2 hours ago, wayner said:

I am on my way to 6.5.55.  Just upgraded from 5.12.72 to 5.14.23.  Everything looks good.  My old UAPs now have an EOL indication beside them (see below) - this was not present in 5.12.  I will let it run for a bit and then upgrade to 6.55.

Just remember to do the final updates to the UAP's before you go too far down the upgrade road (if you have not done so already)

What is required to move my Unifi Controller to a new unRAID server.  My plan was the following:

• Upgrade old server to 6.5.55
  • Save backup of controller info on old server.
  • Install docker on new server using controller version 6.5.55
  • Restore backup from unifi controller from old server onto new server

Does that make sense?  Am I missing anything?

Will I have to adopt the devices on the new system?  Or do anything else like a set inform?

My old server uses the bridge network type but it was set up a long time ago.  I now like using the br0 network and giving dockers that use a bunch of ports, like the Unifi Controller, their own IP address.  Is there any issue with using the br0 network type with this docker?

On 1/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, CrashnBrn said:

I've changed the tag on the docker image.

If you edit your container you can change your Repository to be

linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.5.55

I've had 0 issues with 6.5.55 since I upgraded

Worked great thanks. I was having issues with the container pinning my Unraid server CPU at 100% on the previous version. I'm hoping 6.5.55 fixes this.

I have now upgraded my system from 5.14 to 6.55 which completes my upgrade path of 5.12>5.14>6.55.  It took a few minutes for my system to come online as it appeared that it had to re-adopt my devices, or do some other setting up the first time they ran in 6.55.

I still have EOLed UAPs in my system and they appear to be fully functional and configurable in 6.55, which is not supposed to be the case with Controller versions released after March 1, 2021.  This was what other had also noticed and pointed out in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Hi All - noob here as a heads up.

I previously had the unifi controller installed and active but I believe while it was updating my server lost power and thus the update failed. I removed the orphaned image but anytime I try to re-install the unifi controller I get this error:

One or more ports used by this application are already in use by another service or app running on your server. You will need to adjust the host ports accordingly on the template

It's definitely not in my docker list and so I don't believe the ports used by unifi should have an issue? I'm not sure really what to do next. I do have one unifi AP deployed but it's not a big deal if I have to re-add that to a new/fresh unifi controller.

TIA!

Hi, I have been using this docker for a while and it's been great. I honestly don't go into it much so I don't know when it messed up. but now anytime I try to open the web UI it just says "Database Migration in progress..." 

pretty sure my set up with 3 APs doesn't take this long, it's been weeks. 

prior to unraid docker I had to create a new setup every time the raspberry pi died or the VM i was using was accidentally deleted, but I would much prefer if there was a way just to fix this and NOT redo everything.

22 hours ago, TravisMM said:

Hi, I have been using this docker for a while and it's been great. I honestly don't go into it much so I don't know when it messed up. but now anytime I try to open the web UI it just says "Database Migration in progress..." 

pretty sure my set up with 3 APs doesn't take this long, it's been weeks. 

prior to unraid docker I had to create a new setup every time the raspberry pi died or the VM i was using was accidentally deleted, but I would much prefer if there was a way just to fix this and NOT redo everything.

This is probably due to you having had it on a tag like "latest" which means it randomly will get "upgraded" whenever a new release comes out. We advise against this as it seems to break from time to time for people and there are no backups once you get into this situation as like you say you dont know when it broke and have no way of accessing much or knowing what version was last good. Might be a total start again scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cloudstrife said:

When will they implement the latest log4j files? Have the latest docker but still on log4j 2.16.0, isnt it 2.17.1 the latest?

Sent a PM to them on fb, waiting for accept in their discord but it has gone a week now and no answer or acceptance

Nobody here can answer that question unfortunately. Nobody here has any special inside info or anything.