[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

I have the linuxserver/unifi-controller on one of my unraid-boxes and are about to move the controller to another unraid server I have.
But it looks I cant find the same container I have used before?

Now I can just find unifi-controller in community apps from linuxserver's repository. 
It does not look the same as the one I have right now. Much more configruation in the one i found now. 
And the repository does not looks like it is linuxserver/unifi-controller , this one has lscr.io/linuxserver/unifi-controller ?

Is it the right container?

22 hours ago, widdefmh said:

I have the linuxserver/unifi-controller on one of my unraid-boxes and are about to move the controller to another unraid server I have.
But it looks I cant find the same container I have used before?

Now I can just find unifi-controller in community apps from linuxserver's repository. 
It does not look the same as the one I have right now. Much more configruation in the one i found now. 
And the repository does not looks like it is linuxserver/unifi-controller , this one has lscr.io/linuxserver/unifi-controller ?

Is it the right container?

I checked and you are right the original one I installed is gone and I also only see this new one. I dont know the answer or why it changed.

On 1/31/2022 at 4:46 PM, PeteAsking said:

Interesting. Is there a way to migrate to a new identical docker since now in the apps my when I search unifi it doesnt know its installed even if it is identical as it thinks the docker I have installed is different.

Just an update on this I took a backup removed the docker, renamed the folder in appdata, reinstalled and found even then it does not show as 'installed' when searching the app dockers so seems impossible to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Moving from running Windows 6.5.55 to Unraid 6.5.55 but all the unifi devices continue to do the adopt - adoption failure loop. I originally started by getting a backup file of the windows config then restoring to the unraid config. That seems to have worked correctly as expected.  I've been reading as much as I can but can't figure it out. I do shut down the Windows controller before starting the unraid controller. 

Any help much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Swoodle said:

Moving from running Windows 6.5.55 to Unraid 6.5.55 but all the unifi devices continue to do the adopt - adoption failure loop. I originally started by getting a backup file of the windows config then restoring to the unraid config. That seems to have worked correctly as expected.  I've been reading as much as I can but can't figure it out. I do shut down the Windows controller before starting the unraid controller. 

Any help much appreciated 

Sorted it. Settings -> System -> Application Configuration. Select Override Inform Host and in the Host for Inform put in your IP address of your unraid server. 

This worked for me. 

7 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

I updated to 7.0.23 an everything appears to work but it changed some of my settings and I had to go through everything on the controller and check they were all correct again on every page.

Fun! But glad to hear that it worked at least. I've been thinking of making the leap.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Anyone else on 7.0.23 been unable to turn back on/set up Remote Access? I had it on with previous version, but since 7.0.23 it says status is "unknown" so I turned it off and been trying to re-enable it and haven't been able to do so. Any ideas?

So I have discovered ONLY on Network "BR0" it does not work-- If I temp change container to use "Bridge" Remote Access works fine. BR0 is network for assigning static IP in my normal networks DHCP range. Is there a rule or something that would be blocking that traffic? I did change recently from "macvlan" to "ipvlan" to address some other container issues; could that be my issue?

Anyone have any ideas?

On 3/1/2022 at 4:55 AM, PeteAsking said:

I updated to 7.0.23 an everything appears to work but it changed some of my settings and I had to go through everything on the controller and check they were all correct again on every page.

From what version did you update? 6.5.55?

• Like 1
On 3/7/2022 at 6:19 AM, blaine07 said:

So I have discovered ONLY on Network "BR0" it does not work-- If I temp change container to use "Bridge" Remote Access works fine. BR0 is network for assigning static IP in my normal networks DHCP range. Is there a rule or something that would be blocking that traffic? I did change recently from "macvlan" to "ipvlan" to address some other container issues; could that be my issue?

Anyone have any ideas?

I recently had changed from "MACVLAN" to "IPVLAN" network settings for Docker in Unraid to solve some other issues; evidently this was a byproduct...

FWIW: I had had static IPs set in pfSense from when I was using MACVLAN in Unraid; once I deleted the MAC address associated with previous static IP assignment(s) this issue went away. I was able to keep static ip, just couldn't have previous MAC Address from MACVLAN associated it with it. No NO Mac Address is associated with static IP assignment in pfSense.

tldr; figured it out; my own idiocracy.

Just made the leap from 6.5.55 to 7.0.23.

So far, everything seems to be working fine, no settings needed to be changed.

The new interface is heaps better, returning alot of the functionality and info that had been removed in the move to v6. Everything feels snappy and responsive.

V happy with the upgrade.

Now let's see if it's stable!

I'm running controller version 5.14.23  I finally want to add to some wifi 6 APs into the mix so I have to upgrade the controller.  Can someone suggest to me how to upgrade from 5x to the now 7?  Should I do incremental?  Do I update inside the container or delete it?  Can someone give me a little hand holding here please?

1 minute ago, simcole said:

I finally want to add to some wifi 6 APs into the mix so I have to upgrade the controller.

It depends on which model of WiFi 6 AP you want to add.  I am still running the 5.14.23 controller with 2 U6-Lite APs.  If you want to use other WiFi 6 APs such as the U6-LR or U6-Pro, you will need a a certain version of the 6.x.x controller or higher.

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

It depends on which model of WiFi 6 AP you want to add.  I am still running the 5.14.23 controller with 2 U6-Lite APs.  If you want to use other WiFi 6 APs such as the U6-LR or U6-Pro, you will need a a certain version of the 6.x.x controller or higher.

I got the wifi 6 pro AP.  I knew going into it I needed the 6x or higher controller so my original question still stands.  How do I update from 5x to 7x?

9 hours ago, simcole said:

I'm running controller version 5.14.23  I finally want to add to some wifi 6 APs into the mix so I have to upgrade the controller.  Can someone suggest to me how to upgrade from 5x to the now 7?  Should I do incremental?  Do I update inside the container or delete it?  Can someone give me a little hand holding here please?

On 1/7/2022 at 10:39 AM, nia said:

I was sitting fine on 5.10.14 for a looong time😴, but now wanted to upgrade, due to a U6 LR AP I finally will mount, the log4j-bug and also I have to install a new site at some friends house, and they will have a version 6 controller (on a RPi), so I have to look a little ahead into version 6 🧐.

Anyway - earlier in the thread, positive confirmations was sought for, so just for reference for anyone else coming from old v5.x-versions, I successfully upgraded in two steps.

The path I took was: 5.10.14 --> 5.14.23-ls76 --> 6.5.55. No issues whatsoever. 😃

Also, I will just mention, that my old EOL'ed UAPv2 (used for improved outdoor coverage) still works - I updated to the last ever firmware for it just before upgrading the controller. It works as before, just has a little yellow warning sign next to it indicating that its EOL.

Next step will be to install the U6 LR, that I have had laying for far too long 😏

For reference, my UniFi equip list: USG, US-8-150W, US-8-60W, US8, 2*UAP-AC-LR, UAPv2.

Here you go.

8 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Here you go.

Thank you.  I'll try to get to 6.55 then 7x that way

Edit:  Well I updated to 6.55 without issue by editing the docker image and setting 6.55 as the version.  Before I did I took backups of everything I could.  Once that went ok and I confirmed I was able to login I took more backups of everything now that it was on the new version.  Finally I just updated to 7.0.23 and I'm in the process of updating all the firmware.  I'll update this post if I encounter any issues.

Edit2:  It seems my main floor Nano HD is dropping offline constantly.  More to come.

Edit3:  Well it seems to have settled out.  I didn't do anything and now it's no longer rebooting itself.  I'll keep checking on it the next few days..

Edited by simcole