[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

6 hours ago, Dialatech2303 said:

Then I logged in the next day and all my devices were saying "waiting adoption".

As mentioned several times in this and other forums, the adoption loop issue can often be resolved by enabling the "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" setting in Controller settings.  Give that a try and see if it helps.

Basically, this is a permanent "set-inform http://UNRAIDIP:8080/inform" command

image.png.7c104a394e182760389f945006d35cb5.png

• Like 1
On 5/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, Hoopster said:

As mentioned several times in this and other forums, the adoption loop issue can often be resolved by enabling the "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" setting in Controller settings.  Give that a try and see if it helps.

Basically, this is a permanent "set-inform http://UNRAIDIP:8080/inform" command

image.png.7c104a394e182760389f945006d35cb5.png

Thank you for the information. I'm currently on Network Version 7.1.65 of the controller and its changed a little now.

So on that version there is no Controller Hostname/ip. You need to go to Settings - System - Go to Other Configuration part of the page. 

There is a setting called "Override Inform Host". Just need to put the Unraid IP address and its adopts the devices. 

I would have never found this if you never told me about this setting. so thank you.

4 hours ago, Dialatech2303 said:

Thank you for the information. I'm currently on Network Version 7.1.65 of the controller and its changed a little now.

Yes, I am running an older version of the controller.  I am glad you found the equivalent setting in the latest version and that it appears to have helped resolve your issue.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Any idea what 66 fixed per chance?

Very minor, its only change from 65 was:

> Improve application stability when using mobile apps.

19 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Is there a special upgrade path from 6 to 7.1.66?

You need to stop the docker container and make a copy of it somewhere so that you can roll back if need be. Then change your tag to unifi-controller:version-7.1.66 and pray it upgrades. It can take like 10 minutes.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

You need to stop the docker container and make a copy of it somewhere so that you can roll back if need be. Then change your tag to unifi-controller:version-7.1.66 and pray it upgrades. It can take like 10 minutes.

How do I make a copy somewhere?

18 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

How do I make a copy somewhere?

I assume he's talking about making a copy of the appdata mapped config folder.

Hopefully you are making periodic backups of all your appdata, CA's appdata backup makes it quite convenient and automatic.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

I assume he's talking about making a copy of the appdata mapped config folder.

Hopefully you are making periodic backups of all your appdata, CA's appdata backup makes it quite convenient and automatic.

26 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Wouldn't hurt to keep app generated backups as well, that way you theoretically could blow away your appdata config folder, install fresh with the desired tag, and restore the backup generated by unifi.

I run the CA backup. How do I set one up in the app? Unifi has tons of settings but I don’t think I’ve seen one for a backup? Sounds like a great idea though.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

How do I set one up in the app? Unifi has tons of settings but I don’t think I’ve seen one for a backup? Sounds like a great idea though.

I must confess I've never used the in-app backup to recover, never needed to, so this is untested, but I have mine configured under Settings, System, Backup and Restore.

image.thumb.png.43f458376ad8d62ad5aae04f745dd6b0.png

Maybe it works???? Dunno, haven't needed it.

An untested backup is almost as bad as no backup, but not quite. At least it makes me feel safer? 🤣

• Like 1

I just made the jump from controller version 5.14.23 all the way to 7.1.66 in one step.  The upgrade went smoothly and everything came back online.  This shows it is possible to skip the 6.x.x versions altogether and go straight to 7.x.x if you, like I was, are still running 5.14.23,

It will take me a while to figure out where everything is now as things are organized differently. 

There was no compelling reason to do the upgrade other than fear of being left too far behind and making a future upgrade more difficult.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, jademonkee said:

I mostly prefer the new interface.

There's heaps of other changes since v5. You can see the changelogs from v6 > v7 here: https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Application-7-0-25/3344c362-7da5-4ecd-a403-3b47520e3c01

And of course there's even more from v5 > v6

Can I jump straight from my current version to v7.x, or do I need to make an intermediate jump?

Do we have another recommended stable version to upgrade to like with the 5.14.23-ls76?

1 hour ago, johnieutah said:

Doh, I missed that completely. Thanks.

So I can simply set the tag to lscr.io/linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-7.1.66? (after making sure I've backed up within Unifi of course)

Yeah, backup in Unifi, and if you have a recent "CA Backups" of your apps, that would be good, too.

Also make sure you're on the latest firmware for your Unifi devices.

Then just change the tag and away you go.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, jademonkee said:

Yeah, backup in Unifi, and if you have a recent "CA Backups" of your apps, that would be good, too.

Also make sure you're on the latest firmware for your Unifi devices.

Then just change the tag and away you go.

Perfect, worked a treat.

Only thing worth noting was a pop-up on logging into the Controller about my "wifi networks no longer being something something something" (yeah it disappeared before I could fully register it).

22 hours ago, johnieutah said:

Perfect, worked a treat.

Only thing worth noting was a pop-up on logging into the Controller about my "wifi networks no longer being something something something" (yeah it disappeared before I could fully register it).

I get that same message every so often. I've never figured out what "WiFi setting" is "incompatible"

Strangely, when the message appears the interface sets back to "light mode" and the clock to "12 hour" so I have to set them back. I have no idea what causes it. But because it doesn't seem to cause any issues, I've never spent the time to find the reason.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mifronte said:

May I ask what firmware were your devices running when you upgraded the controller to 7.1.66?

The latest available when I made the update,  I updated firmware to whatever version was showing as an upgrade before updating the controller.

It could have been 6.0.19 on the APs, 4.4.56 on the USG and whatever preceded 6.2.14 on the switches.