[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

Am I doing something wrong, or just not understanding something? I have a new install of this container, but I can't get my phone to connect to it and therefore also cannot get my new G4 Doorbell connected. I'm able to login, go to System -> Other Configuration, and turn on both Enable Network Discovery and Override Inform Host. I put in my server IP address, but nothing seems to come of it. I had to change one port during the container install, but other than that, everything is vanilla.

When I have my phone Add New, it goes to Console discovery and then sometimes shows two options:

• Cloud Key Gen2 Plus
  • Network Video Recorder

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to purchase their hardware like a dream machine? Or can I just use this container and my unraid storage?

Screenshot from 2022-09-17 16-55-39.png

Screenshot from 2022-09-17 16-56-32.png

12 minutes ago, Ducati0927 said:

Has anyone tried running an older version in the docker? 

Until June of this year, I was sill running controller version 5.14.23 via this docker container.  I don't think the container cares much about which version of the controller is used.  Some configuration or other issue must be preventing the webUI from loading on 6.5.53.

Just an FYI in case you notice docker image utilization rising.  The last two unifi-controller updates I have done left behind orphan images.  These are not visible unless you go into the Advanced View on the Docker page in the unRAID WebUI.

Deleting these two orphan images reduced my docker image utilization by 7%.

Not every update will necessarily result in orphan images but in my case it did.  It is worth checking.

• Upvote 2
On 9/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, Hoopster said:

Just an FYI in case you notice docker image utilization rising.  The last two unifi-controller updates I have done left behind orphan images.  These are not visible unless you go into the Advanced View on the Docker page in the unRAID WebUI.

Deleting these two orphan images reduced my docker image utilization by 7%.

Not every update will necessarily result in orphan images but in my case it did.  It is worth checking.

Thanks for the tip.  I had 5 orphaned images.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mfarrar said:

Is it possible to pull a later version? Upgraded to the 7.2.93. Nothing but problems. Wifi clients wont connect. Restarting switch and APs cause them to not adopt after restarting.

Not sure this will help, but you can give it a try:

ensure your controller computer has a DNS resolvable hostname on your network(s) (you can ping it by name from your Unifi devices) then go into Settings on you controller, go to the controller section and ensure that your host name or IP address for your controller are entered intot he Controller Hostname/IP field, then check the Override inform host with Controller Hostname/IP like so:

(use your own IP Adrress)

Unifi.thumb.png.5e60a1139c5f582299a580a45b5ca1ec.png

6 hours ago, Ritmjunk said:

Not sure this will help, but you can give it a try:

ensure your controller computer has a DNS resolvable hostname on your network(s) (you can ping it by name from your Unifi devices) then go into Settings on you controller, go to the controller section and ensure that your host name or IP address for your controller are entered intot he Controller Hostname/IP field, then check the Override inform host with Controller Hostname/IP like so:

(use your own IP Address)

Unifi.thumb.png.5e60a1139c5f582299a580a45b5ca1ec.png

It hasn't changed. It takes about 30-45 minutes but the devices eventually re-adopt. My network was very stabled until this recent update.

FYI - If you have been having trouble assigning static IP addresses to devices via the unifi controller (I have had this problem with 7.2.94) version 7.3.76 (beta) is out now which supposedly fixes this.  I will wait for it to be officially released to try it but at least a fix is supposedly coming soon.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, faulty_lamp said:

I've started having some issues with my cache drive filling up.  It looks like the unifi container is consuming >270GB.  I've checked for orphaned images and do not see any when switching to advanced mode.  Any idea what might be causing this or how to free up the space?

tower-diagnostics-20221102-1602.zipUnavailable

Hello, I had the same problem about a month ago. I just shut the docker container off and forgot about it until recently. When I fired up the docker again, I couldn't reach the web GUI for some reason. I deleted my app data and downloaded the container again just to be safe (twice). And I still cant reach the web GUI no matter what I do. This is very frustrating as I have been wanting to upgrade my APs. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks!

LOGS

Edited by PrisonMike