[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

12 minutes ago, toasty said:

Hey everyone,

I just switched from the 5.9.x branch to 'latest' thereby going to version 5.11.39. I have had the controller run perfectly fine on 5.9 for about 6 months but since the update my UAP AC Lite (my only device for now) has been stuck in an "adopting"/"disconnected" loop, like many have had happen to them before me. I have set the controller IP to the server's IP and checked the "override inform host" box. Still no luck.

I have reset the AP multiple times and also completely reinstalled the controller twice without any changes. I have made sure to disable "auto optimize" as someone pointed out earlier.

Is there anything I could have missed or should I just try and reinstall from the LTS branch?

Is your device firmware up to date? These later controller releases require a minimum firmware level in order to function properly.  Now that everything is stuck in an adopting loop, if you need to update firmware, you may need to do it manually outside of the controller.  

4 hours ago, rcmpayne said:

Is it possible to add the Stable Candidate and testing branches to the docker config?

The short answer is 'no' (of course, it is possible but LSIO have chosen not to do it). 

The longer answer is  - No, because Unifi "stable" releases are bleeding edge enough and there is enough grief caused by "stable" releases that they don't need even more from candidate and testing releases. 

There are other Unifi Controller docker containers available in Apps that support testing releases if you really want to be on the bloodier bleeding edge with those releases.

Edited by Hoopster
1 hour ago, kbowman said:

I've been getting a lot of update notifications for this with the LTS tag over the past week or so. When I update it says it's already up to date and doesn't pull any information. ": Image is up to date"

Anyone else experiencing this?

It's an unraid issue, not a problem with the container. Check the stable bug reports forum.

11 hours ago, saarg said:

So you didn't check if we had a build, just asked?

There are builds using 5.10 but don't think there is a tag for only 5.10.

check the docker hub link in the first post to see the tags avaliable.

I don't get what you are saying?

I know the builds exist for up to 5.11.xx, but the tags FORCED a specific version (5.9, 5.7 etc), I didn't see any mention of forcing 5.10.xx as a build option, so I asked.

What is wrong with that? I was checking to see if maybe it was ADDED as the latest is 5.11 now and when this was first posted, the latest was 5.10 with 5.9 being very stable. 

1 hour ago, Nyghthawk said:

I don't get what you are saying?

I know the builds exist for up to 5.11.xx, but the tags FORCED a specific version (5.9, 5.7 etc), I didn't see any mention of forcing 5.10.xx as a build option, so I asked.

What is wrong with that? I was checking to see if maybe it was ADDED as the latest is 5.11 now and when this was first posted, the latest was 5.10 with 5.9 being very stable. 

Did I say it was wrong? I was only trying to understand what you were asking. Your first post just asks if 5.10 tag work.

If you look at the dockerhub link in the first post you will see the tags for specific versions that we have.

As @bonienl says, the latest tag was 5.10, but is now 5.11.

5 hours ago, saarg said:

Did I say it was wrong? I was only trying to understand what you were asking. Your first post just asks if 5.10 tag work.

If you look at the dockerhub link in the first post you will see the tags for specific versions that we have.

As @bonienl says, the latest tag was 5.10, but is now 5.11.

I guess its a misunderstanding on both parts. 

The first post is "old" before 5.11 came out, hence why "latest" was 5.10 at the time.

Now that we are PAST 5.10 being the "latest" and "latest" now referring to 5.11, I was wondering if 5.10 was ADDED as a tag to force 5.10 builds, just like for example 5.9 forces just those builds.

I noticed that the FIRST page being "old" and not updated.

So I ask, does putting the tag 5.10 force a build to 5.10 or is there only the ones listed still on the outdated first post.

latest - The most recent build version of the Unifi controller software, regardless of release train. (now being 5.11 thus skipping the ability to force 5.10)

LTS - The most recent Long Term Support release.

5.9 - The most recent 5.9.x release.

5.8 - The most recent 5.8.x release.

5.7 - The most recent 5.7.x release.

13 hours ago, Nyghthawk said:

I guess its a misunderstanding on both parts. 

The first post is "old" before 5.11 came out, hence why "latest" was 5.10 at the time.

Now that we are PAST 5.10 being the "latest" and "latest" now referring to 5.11, I was wondering if 5.10 was ADDED as a tag to force 5.10 builds, just like for example 5.9 forces just those builds.

I noticed that the FIRST page being "old" and not updated.

So I ask, does putting the tag 5.10 force a build to 5.10 or is there only the ones listed still on the outdated first post.

latest - The most recent build version of the Unifi controller software, regardless of release train. (now being 5.11 thus skipping the ability to force 5.10)

LTS - The most recent Long Term Support release.

5.9 - The most recent 5.9.x release.

5.8 - The most recent 5.8.x release.

5.7 - The most recent 5.7.x release.

As I said earlier, check the github or docker hub link in the first post for valid tags. If it ain't there, we don't have it.

There is no 5.10 only tag, but we version all releases we do, so that mean there will still be a tag for 5.10.something. And you find those on docker hub, hence the reason I asked you to check it earlier.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

As I said earlier, check the github or docker hub link in the first post for valid tags. If it ain't there, we don't have it.

There is no 5.10 only tag, but we version all releases we do, so that mean there will still be a tag for 5.10.something. And you find those on docker hub, hence the reason I asked you to check it earlier.

Thanks didn't think of checking the docker hub, will look there (i looked at the git page and didnt see anything)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RacerX10 said:

Getting the "latest" unifi-linuxserver docker, i keep getting EXECUTION ERROR (server error) when I start it up.

I've deleted the appdata and tried to reinstall, same issue.

Where do I start ?

Thanks !

By posting your docker run command.  The error that the command returns will be your problem   https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Edited by Squid
1 hour ago, Squid said:

By posting your docker run command.  The error that the command returns will be your problem   https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

That's great info, thanks.  I learned something today !  Looks like maybe a port conflict ?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='unifi-controller' --net='bridge' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '3478:3478/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8443:8443/tcp' -p '8880:8880/tcp' -p '8843:8843/tcp' -p '10001:10001/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/unifi-controller':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/unifi-controller' 

b1d44e3bb58220560c99b3468657c96060c51ee3d3617643ba9b5f1e02d2f682
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint unifi-controller (e76682061ef87182fcb17eeac6b2d84d3b8f8082e2d5ca8359e870eacf249044): Bind for 0.0.0.0:8080 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

Yep, that was it.  I changed unfi to use port 8081 and the docker started right up.  It was conflicting with SABNZBD

Thank you very  much Squid !!

Edited by RacerX10
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I've recently started getting martian reports in the Unifi USG logs, such as:

Sep 29 04:54:35 UniFiUSG kernel: IPv4: martian source 107.201.130.93 from 172.17.0.4, on dev eth1
Sep 29 04:54:35 UniFiUSG kernel: ll header: 00000000: 78 8a 20 40 b8 ed 70 10 6f 3e 03 08 08 00        x. @..p.o>....

172.17.0.4 is the bridge IP address of the Unifi Controller docker.

In trying to track this down (and understand what it is telling me) I thought it possibly a good idea to change the docker from host mode to custom (eth0) with a fixed IP and all ports left as the are. Is this a sensible configuration? I have Pihole configured like this and it works well. All other dockers are in bridge mode.

Clearly i'd also need to change the controller IP etc from within the Unifi controller settings.

I have asked on the UniFi forum, but this is more docker/unraid specific as a first step in helping identify the issue.

Hi quick question and sorry it is regarding versioning.

Just wanting to make sure I have this correct. I am currently on :5.9, If i change to :Latest does this deploy a new image or does it replace the current? (or is that me choosing to go over the top of the current folder?)
And it I want to revert it just have a unifi backup ready and blow the image away and redeploy with :5.9 again

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I might get some help with my problem in here, even though it's not a docker problem.

I just updated my Mac to 10.15 Catalina, and now I can't access the controller on my server https://192.168.0.7:8443/ any longer.

Before the update I got the "Your connection is not private" message, but pressing Advanced I could go on anyway. That's not available now.

I might have had this problem before, and then doing some kind of certificate, that's now invalid, but I don't remember what I did and I don't know what to do now.

Please help me with this. 

Thanks.

/Söder

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 13.02.44.png

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 13.04.06.png

1 hour ago, soder said:

I wonder if I might get some help with my problem in here, even though it's not a docker problem.

I just updated my Mac to 10.15 Catalina, and now I can't access the controller on my server https://192.168.0.7:8443/ any longer.

Before the update I got the "Your connection is not private" message, but pressing Advanced I could go on anyway. That's not available now.

I might have had this problem before, and then doing some kind of certificate, that's now invalid, but I don't remember what I did and I don't know what to do now.

Please help me with this. 

Thanks.

/Söder

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 13.02.44.png

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 13.04.06.png

This looks more like an issue Chrome blocking the invalid cert rather an issue with the docker container.

On 10/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, j0nnymoe said:

This looks more like an issue Chrome blocking the invalid cert rather an issue with the docker container.

That's why I wrote as I did in my post. 😃 I thought that I maybe could get some help with it anyways. 

/Söder