[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

20 hours ago, sota said:

https://www.technipages.com/google-chrome-bypass-your-connection-is-not-private-message

You can thank our Google Overloads for thinking they know better than we do, and causing problems like this.

Note: I'm still on 

Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and still have the ability to allow/bypass "insecure" sites.

The instructions in that link worked thanks.  Little sketchy having it turned off all the time though. Wish there was a setting to just ignore a single address.

Anyone else seeing constant Memory Bloat from the Unifi Docker?  My only solution has been to restart Unifi either as part of CA Backup or CA Auto Update to keep memory usage down.  It typically starts at a little over 600 MB up to 2.5 GB with no sign of slowing down before restarting it.

unifi_memory_usage.thumb.PNG.d2fd3937c3ffb2f746f7ca2e405ef94c.PNG

3 minutes ago, axipher said:

Anyone else seeing constant Memory Bloat from the Unifi Docker? 

It's been that way for months now.  Fortunately, CA Backup restarts it often enough to keep the memory bloat manageable.

I have no idea if the issue is the controller or the container.  I can observe memory usage on the container increment slightly but steadily constantly until it is well over 2.5GB before a weekly CA Backup restarts the container and resets the memory usage.

11 hours ago, axipher said:

Anyone else seeing constant Memory Bloat from the Unifi Docker?  My only solution has been to restart Unifi either as part of CA Backup or CA Auto Update to keep memory usage down.  It typically starts at a little over 600 MB up to 2.5 GB with no sign of slowing down before restarting it.

unifi_memory_usage.thumb.PNG.d2fd3937c3ffb2f746f7ca2e405ef94c.PNG

Where are you able to see this kind of info? Thanks.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Hoopster said:

It's been that way for months now.  Fortunately, CA Backup restarts it often enough to keep the memory bloat manageable.

I have no idea if the issue is the controller or the container.  I can observe memory usage on the container increment slightly but steadily constantly until it is well over 2.5GB before a weekly CA Backup restarts the container and resets the memory usage.

Okay, so not just me then, thanks for at least confirming I'm not completely insane...

19 hours ago, Derek_ said:

Where are you able to see this kind of info? Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Stiibun said:

Looks like a Grafana panel ... and probably is. 

Yes, Grafana with the dashboards found in the following article as a base, I've tweaked them quite a bit from the originals to work with my Eaton UPS with 3 outlet groups.

https://technicalramblings.com/blog/setting-grafana-influxdb-telegraf-ups-monitoring-unraid/

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,I need help.

My knowledge about networking is close to zero. I have HP Proliant DL360e GEN8 server with intel NIC with 4 ports. Is it possible to set Unifi controller (as docker container) which will control APs from 2 different subnets (192.168.1.1/24 and 192.168.108.1/22) or two docker container which will control APs from these 2 subnets separately?

5 hours ago, dordduan said:

Hello everyone,I need help.

My knowledge about networking is close to zero. I have HP Proliant DL360e GEN8 server with intel NIC with 4 ports. Is it possible to set Unifi controller (as docker container) which will control APs from 2 different subnets (192.168.1.1/24 and 192.168.108.1/22) or two docker container which will control APs from these 2 subnets separately?

Are you controlling Unifi AP's?  If so, you should be able to have them all on the same network and use multiple LAN and WLAN configs in the controller then just configure the AP's themselves with the specific WLAN's you want on each one.

For example, my single AP in my house has the following on it form a single cable:

WLAN 2G (11n/b/g)  

Cayde (Disabled)

Cayde-2G

Cayde-Guest

Cayde-IoT

WLAN 5G (11n/a/ac)  

Cayde

Cayde-2G (Disabled)

Cayde-Guest

Cayde-IoT

Cayde and Cayde-2G SSID's both use the same network 10.2.1.0/24

Cayde-Guest is a Guest type network 10.3.1.0/24

Cayde-IoT is another network 10.4.1.0/24 that I also have tagged with VLAN 5 on certain ports for my Phillips Hue and Wink Hub

This way my Guest and IoT networks can't see the devices on my main network and I give people the choice for the faster 5G on newer devices, ot 2G on older devices or things like my Google Home Speakers and Chromecasts

On 2/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Hoopster said:

Completely new to the Unifi world, thinking of purchasing an AP I just installed the LTS version of this docker to see what I can expect.

Is the memory leak issue only happening in the latest version or is it also the case in LTS (5.6.x)? If their software is flawed it's hard to trust their hardware and the company as a whole, unless the memory management is purely related to lsio's implementation of the software inside docker.

Bonus question not really related to the docker: I assume this software with one AP plugged into my pfSense box will allow me to have pretty much complete control over my WiFi? I want guests to be on a separate SSID and ideally a different network subnet to restrict their access to the local network and I want pfSense to handle most of it (DHCP/DNS/firewall/etc) if possible

Edited by dnLL
4 hours ago, dnLL said:

Is the memory leak issue only happening in the latest version or is it also the case in LTS (5.6.x)?

I have no idea with the LTS version as I have been running UniFi with the 'latest' tag (currently version 5.12.35) for a very long time.  I can't say when the memory leaks started and what the cause is as I only noticed it a few months ago and I was already running 5.12.35 by then.

Here are the memory stats on the UniFi controller.  It has been running 14 hours since I last rebooted the server.  At that time, memory usage was at a little less than 600MB.  It has now grown to almost 900MB and if it never gets restarted before the next time CA Backup runs, it will be somewhere between 2.5GB and 2.8GB.

image.thumb.png.84ad5469135d9db654d962d5c1d2e14c.png

4 hours ago, dnLL said:

I want guests to be on a separate SSID and ideally a different network subnet to restrict their access to the local network

I don't run pfSense so I can't tell how this might play with pfSense.  I have a compete UniFI network (USG for router/firewall, switches and APs) and the guest network gets its own SSID and, by default, restricts access the the local network.  I suppose you could take the extra step of putting it on a different subnet/VLAN if you wish.

Edited by Hoopster
On 2/28/2020 at 4:31 AM, dnLL said:

Bonus question not really related to the docker: I assume this software with one AP plugged into my pfSense box will allow me to have pretty much complete control over my WiFi? I want guests to be on a separate SSID and ideally a different network subnet to restrict their access to the local network and I want pfSense to handle most of it (DHCP/DNS/firewall/etc) if possible

I am running pfSense and I used the UniFi Controller SW to tag my guest WiFi with a different VLAN tag from my main WIFI.  My pfSense handles all the networking services for each WiFi network.  I do have a smart switch between the AP and pfSense, so my AP is not plugged directly into my pfSense.

Edited by mifronte
10 hours ago, mifronte said:

I am running pfSense and I used the UniFi Controller SW to tag my guest WiFi with a different VLAN tag from my main WIFI.  My pfSense handles all the networking services for each WiFi network.  I do have a smart switch between the AP and pfSense, so my AP is not plugged directly into my pfSense.

I just configured the whole thing this morning and it went like a breeze. Very very easy to figure everything out with some very basic knowledge and ability to read the manuals (which are both awesome ressources whether it's for UniFi or pfSense).

My AP is directly behind pfSense, all I had to do on the UniFi controller is basically to create 2 networks in 2 different subnets, have one of them with a VLAN tag id, create my 2 wireless networks with the guest assigned to that vlan ID and relay all the DHCP stuff to pfSense. On pfSense, had to enable the interface the AP is plugged in and I added my main subnet in there (the safer wifi one), then I created a VLAN under that interface with the same ID as previously and I configured it in the same different subnet as I did in UniFi and bam, job's done, IPs get assigned properly. AFter that it's only a matter of creating firewall rules.

19 minutes ago, dnLL said:

My AP is directly behind pfSense, all I had to do on the UniFi controller is basically to create 2 networks in 2 different subnets, ...

If all you have is the AP, then all you had to do was configure the two WiFi Networks and assign one a VLAN ID.  The Network settings in the UniFi controller does nothing if you do not use UBNT gateway products.

If all you have is the AP, then all you had to do was configure the two WiFi Networks and assign one a VLAN ID.  The Network settings in the UniFi controller does nothing if you do not use UBNT gateway products.
Just tested it and you are 100% right I had these setup for no reason. Can't delete the last one (LAN) however, the UI is preventing me from deleting the last network.

Hi All, need some help migrating controller from raspberry (non-docker) to unraid (docker).

I have setup the new controller and restored from a backup (*.unf) - yet all my devices are disconnected.

Normal behaviour from restoring a backup would be that devices are auto-magically connected again when they are on the same network.

Can i then assume the new docker-controller is not on the same network? Does this have anything todo with host/bridge of the docker?

16 hours ago, benflux said:

Having just installed this in host mode, I can't see any of my devices on the devices page, do I need to go and change anything on the devices on my hardware controller for them to be seen?

If they were previously managed by another controller, you will need to go through the procedure to adopt them into the new controller.

Sorry just noticed my reply was on the wrong thread. Ignore me.

Sorry if it’s already mentioned. How is everyone storing their recorded footage? On their UnRaid array? On an Unassigned device??

i currently am recording to a share on the array which only writes to 1 disk. 
Only issue is, when the 3TB disk gets full it’s doesn’t overwrite the oldest recording as it should. Instead the docker stops recording completely. The docker is still working and I can stream camera feeds, just no more recording. 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by redbanana411
Wrong thread / page
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!  After updating to the latest Unifi Docker Container, I see my Unifi AC Lites adopting. I have 2.  (wasn't able to see easy upgrade).  The newer gen that supports POE was initially in the same state as the other. After manual hard reset, I ssh into the AP, did restore default, set-inform to 8843, and it has gone to provisioning, and connected.

The older AP, also AC Lite, this one doesn't support POE, also had the same issue. It shows up as adopting, disconnected, and does it all over again. I finally decided to hard reset also, ssh into the AP, did restore default, although without set-inform, it already shows up at my controller as adopting, I still issue the set-inform command, but with this AP, to no avail. It goes under the same loop, adopting, disconnected. It can see 0 clients connected. At one piont, I can see new firmware, I selected upgrade while it was adapting, and it finished. I'm now on 4.0.80.10875, still stuck on the same loop.

I have since went back to 4.0.66.10832 firmware, same as the other working AC Lite.  It remains disconnected now.

I have tried converting from bridge to host, and immediately went back to bridge.  If I remember it right, I can't access the controller while in host mode.

I also have a Sophos XG firewall.  Currently, I put a firewall rule from any zone/ any device to any zone/ any device -- set to allow.  

Any ideas what to do next?  

Hi!  After updating to the latest Unifi Docker Container, I see my Unifi AC Lites adopting. I have 2.  (wasn't able to see easy upgrade).  The newer gen that supports POE was initially in the same state as the other. After manual hard reset, I ssh into the AP, did restore default, set-inform to 8843, and it has gone to provisioning, and connected.
The older AP, also AC Lite, this one doesn't support POE, also had the same issue. It shows up as adopting, disconnected, and does it all over again. I finally decided to hard reset also, ssh into the AP, did restore default, although without set-inform, it already shows up at my controller as adopting, I still issue the set-inform command, but with this AP, to no avail. It goes under the same loop, adopting, disconnected. It can see 0 clients connected. At one piont, I can see new firmware, I selected upgrade while it was adapting, and it finished. I'm now on 4.0.80.10875, still stuck on the same loop.

I have since went back to 4.0.66.10832 firmware, same as the other working AC Lite.  It remains disconnected now.

I have tried converting from bridge to host, and immediately went back to bridge.  If I remember it right, I can't access the controller while in host mode.

I also have a Sophos XG firewall.  Currently, I put a firewall rule from any zone/ any device to any zone/ any device -- set to allow.  

Any ideas what to do next?  

Finally got this solved by deleting the container 5.9 and downloading latest. Still adopting persists. But I read on first page switch to host, and it adopted without issues. When I switched back to bridge mode, it went back to adopting. Finally had to leave it at host for the moment.

What's the difference between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk